News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

Touchdown

Disneyland’s Castle took 5 months. 5 months from now is August.

What happens in August that they would want the castle completed by?

The first MNSSHP.

In between now and then what special event would suffer from cut back pyro?

4th of July

My totally non insider belief based on these is that I expect the painting to take 5 months and end just prior to MNSSHP, but maybe they finish it by the 4th of July.

Rescue Ranger

Looks like they're moving along pretty quickly! I don't see the initial obstruction taking more than a couple weeks as far as painting goes. Doesn't take that long to just paint. But I guess we'll see in the coming weeks. So far it's looking really good and vibrant.

jrhwdw

The first MNSSHP.

4th of July

My totally non insider belief based on these is that I expect the painting to take 5 months and end just prior to MNSSHP, but maybe they finish it by the 4th of July.
If the castle looks like it is now without scrims, Celebrate America should have no problem, Like HEA right now it sounds like . If the castle has scrims, ladders after July 1st then it might be an interesting July 4th! Off topic but is Epcot having Jul;y 4th pyro with either EF or HUS?

trainplane3

The first MNSSHP.

4th of July

Disneylands also got new roofs installed so it wasn't only paint.

Giss Neric

They can finish painting all the turrets royal blue and painting the castle rose pink in less than a month. I don't know how tedious installing those gold enhancements though.

Walt d

I don't know if you'd call that "Rose Pink" yet. To me it looks like they're re-applying the same paint as before. The overcast weather conditions make it look darker than it is. What's everyone else thinking?

I like the lighter shade blue, thats what i remember from the first time I saw the castle. In 1972 i think it looks best with the light gray. Now is this disney painters or is this subbed out? Any one know??

MouseBrayden

Rose gold (and iridescence) is significantly different from a soft pastel rose pink.

Perhaps what was originally whispered was "rose and gold" which got mashed into "rose gold".
When I called the castle "rose gold" last October I literally meant the swatch you see when you search rose gold.

At the time I envisioned us getting #4 with the specularity in it, it seems like we're getting something closer to #1.

IMG_4283.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom