PhotoPass+ worth it?

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
I am getting ready to buy the Photopass+ option for my upcoming 5 day trip. It says it includes attraction photos)Splash,Space,RSR, ToT, and Screamin) as well as the standard photos and magic photos. If I book 14 days ahead it is only $69.95 instead of $99.95. This just seems too good to be true. Do anyone have any experience with this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
Also, let's say I ride RSR 5 times during my visit, will all of the attractions photos be available to me or just one? Same question for the other attractions.

Kate Alan

I just used it for our trip last week. We got around 130 photos out of it, plus stock photos they include for you as well.

1) you get photos for each time you ride. We did ride RSR five times, lol, and we've got five different photos. If you plan on riding attractions with photo options multiple times this can definitely be a benefit.
2) something I was warned about prior to buying by people here was that character photo ops don't always have Photopass photographers. We were there over the 60th, so we may have just gotten lucky, but we only had one instance where we had to use our own cameras, but keep that in mind.
3) if you get it, take advantage of the Photopass locations for maximum photos. Again we lucked out here since there were additional photo spots for the 60th anniversary, but even if you do the regular ones (esp. for both day and night shots), you can get your money's worth.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
If I book 14 days ahead it is only $69.95 instead of $99.95. This just seems too good to be true. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you find a way to order the $69 package online - let me know. i've been trying and can't ever get it to work online.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
This might be a silly question, but how does it work to get the ride photos? Is there something that you scan or do you have to go to a counter and have a cast member scan your photo pass card?

Kate Alan

If you find a way to order the $69 package online - let me know. i've been trying and can't ever get it to work online.

http://disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers/dlrppp.htm

You'll have to register if you haven't already, then put in your information for them to mail it out to you.

This might be a silly question, but how does it work to get the ride photos? Is there something that you scan or do you have to go to a counter and have a cast member scan your photo pass card?

You purchase the Photopass+ online for the $69 package. They'll mail you a DVD case that has a voucher attached. Bring that voucher with you and turn it in at the Photo Center (if you plan on visiting DLR first, it's the last building on the right side when you walk down Main Street. Not sure of the California Adventure location). They'll give you the Photopass card on a lanyard.

For any character/location photo-ops, hand the card off to the Photopass photographer and they'll scan your card to load your photos.

For all ride photos, once off the ride, go to the monitors and make a note of the number associated with your photo. There are registers set up for photo purchases - go there, tell the cashier your photo number, hand them the card, and they'll load it up for you. They show you a preview of your photo on a screen at the register to confirm that the number you gave them is right/the photo is correct.

Once your trip is finished, you have the option of going online to DisneyPhotoPass.com to edit your photos with any borders, etc. that you want. You can download your photos or have a Photo CD sent. The $69 package comes with a code inside the DVD case that is worth the price of a Photo CD (and related shipping), so before you buy you will put that code in to be able to download/get the CD for free.

Kate Alan

yeah that link never works for me. I've tried creating a new account and it never adds it to my cart so i can order it...

That is so strange! I would call them and see if you can order it over the phone. There has to be an option for people who have issues ordering online.

Their Photopass website in general is not easy to navigate. Much more complicated than it needs to be!

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
I just used it for our trip last week. We got around 130 photos out of it, plus stock photos they include for you as well.

1) you get photos for each time you ride. We did ride RSR five times, lol, and we've got five different photos. If you plan on riding attractions with photo options multiple times this can definitely be a benefit.
2) something I was warned about prior to buying by people here was that character photo ops don't always have Photopass photographers. We were there over the 60th, so we may have just gotten lucky, but we only had one instance where we had to use our own cameras, but keep that in mind.
3) if you get it, take advantage of the Photopass locations for maximum photos. Again we lucked out here since there were additional photo spots for the 60th anniversary, but even if you do the regular ones (esp. for both day and night shots), you can get your money's worth.

Thanks for the advice!

We are excited about the new photo stations that have popped up for the 60th. This is another reason I thought it would be a good deal. Plus, there is only 2 of us so it will be nice to have pictures together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom