News Photopass Day 2018

TabulaRasa

Original Poster
Last edited:

Fox&Hound

I think it is really lame that there are so few actual characters and that the event has been reduced to mostly magic shots....come on Disney- open up those purse strings a bit.

Cmdr_Crimson

They bring out Bolt to Animal Kingdom.....Yet another odd ball move not have Nick & Judy out but...Whatever...And what's the point of bringing back a Cancelled M&G From 5 months ago for just one day....*Facepalm*

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Bolt at Animal Kingdom today

D6D8766F-28CD-45EE-8410-9DFCE0B6E8AF.jpeg

Kman101

I think it is really lame that there are so few actual characters and that the event has been reduced to mostly magic shots....come on Disney- open up those purse strings a bit.

Bingo.

And they're featuring characters that were regularly out just a few months ago. MAGICAL! lol

But guests will line up.

It's gone downhill. Why do they even bother? Lots of these magic shots could be used regularly. Same for the characters.

Use actual RARE characters. Not ones you've just made "rare".

They phone it in and the average guests (and us, I suppose) let them. I'll never forget how phoned in the last 24 hour party was. So bad.

Who's in charge of things like this? @MansionButler84 ? @asianway ? Can either of you give me insight into how things like this come about and who plans them?

asianway

Bingo.

And they're featuring characters that were regularly out just a few months ago. MAGICAL! lol

But guests will line up.

It's gone downhill. Why do they even bother? Lots of these magic shots could be used regularly. Same for the characters.

Use actual RARE characters. Not ones you've just made "rare".

They phone it in and the average guests (and us, I suppose) let them. I'll never forget how phoned in the last 24 hour party was. So bad.

Who's in charge of things like this? @MansionButler84 ? @asianway ? Can either of you give me insight into how things like this come about and who plans them?
You’ll never get a true rare character in a park op setting again. Thanks Villains Unleashed for that.

Kman101

There’s insane lines for Pinocchio today. I don’t blame management anymore I blame the guests

OK.

I blame both.

You don't see how poor management has led to characters being so in-demand they don't even want to be bothered?

Why is there insane lines?

Because Pinocchio isn't regularly out. Like he was 10 years ago. Like Clarabelle and Horace were. Like Hook and Smee were.

How can you not also hold management accountable? I know you seem to look down on the guests who visit WDW but the demand is there because whoever controls these things has created this problem. Not the guests. But they don't help, either.

asianway

OK.

I blame both.

You don't see how poor management has led to characters being so in-demand they don't even want to be bothered?

Why is there insane lines?

Because Pinocchio isn't regularly out. Like he was 10 years ago. Like Clarabelle and Horace were. Like Hook and Smee were.

How can you not also hold management accountable? I know you seem to look down on the guests who visit WDW but the demand is there because whoever controls these things has created this problem. Not the guests. But they don't help, either.
I only hold them accountable inasmuch they have yet to figure out a way to monetize the characters

pdude81

There were more characters last year but I think the hours for each character were much less. This at least allows for a chance at meeting them if you're willing to wait in a long line. They also have people trained for Cruella and Jafar for the Halloween party so they may as well get some more use out of the costumes while they are out.

Sadly we came home this year the day before this as I would have headed over to meet the jungle book characters. We didn't think it was worth sticking around longer just for this event.

asianway

There were more characters last year but I think the hours for each character were much less. This at least allows for a chance at meeting them if you're willing to wait in a long line. They also have people trained for Cruella and Jafar for the Halloween party so they may as well get some more use out of the costumes while they are out.

Sadly we came home this year the day before this as I would have headed over to meet the jungle book characters. We didn't think it was worth sticking around longer just for this event.
You don’t “train for Jafar”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom