Photopass Blunder help?

Ldno

Original Poster
So ever since I went on my trip to WDW two weeks ago, I have been waiting for my all my ride photos from Hollywood Studios that took them, slinky dog dash and Tower of terror, usually they take 2-3 days to pop up on the disney world app, then got a reminder about a week later about how there was a glitch in the system and it would take longer for them.

43A682FA-0301-428D-9F57-BADF8B1754E3.jpeg

Then I get back from an email from them saying they are taking their time to find the photos and ask me for guidance on the outfit I was wearing which I reply back.

Then today I get the final coffin on the head: They can’t find my slinky dog dash picture because of a “technical“ glitch and that my tower of terror picture has been deleted because of the whole entire CDC guidelines and policies regarding guests who don’t wear masks they delete the ride picture.

Here’s the picture, I am livid we are getting mass punished for this and one of the whole reason I went on this trip was because it was my daughter’s first time on tower of terror and was trying to get a specific photo of her “being“ scared but the best we got was holding on the bars. Not to mention I wanted the ride video of her reaction also, but because of another guest I’m being denied that memory.

4F12190C-CF27-423D-A917-463AE335C39A.jpeg

What Can I do? Disney’s playing the whole it’s not our fault card but like I mentioned the tower of terror ride Picture and photo was so I could see my daughters reaction to my favorite ride of all time. I got to see it my boys reaction back in march but my last trip was just for my daughter

I was just copying my daughters school “scary” picture pose.

Am I completely screwed? regarding this?

nickys

Premium Member
So ever since I went on my trip to WDW two weeks ago, I have been waiting for my all my ride photos from Hollywood Studios that took them, slinky dog dash and Tower of terror, usually they take 2-3 days to pop up on the disney world app, then got a reminder about a week later about how there was a glitch in the system and it would take longer for them.

View attachment 516233

Then I get back from an email from them saying they are taking their time to find the photos and ask me for guidance on the outfit I was wearing which I reply back.

Then today I get the final coffin on the head: They can’t find my slinky dog dash picture because of a “technical“ glitch and that my tower of terror picture has been deleted because of the whole entire CDC guidelines and policies regarding guests who don’t wear masks they delete the ride picture.

Here’s the picture, I am livid we are getting mass punished for this and one of the whole reason I went on this trip was because it was my daughter’s first time on tower of terror and was trying to get a specific photo of her “being“ scared but the best we got was holding on the bars. Not to mention I wanted the ride video of her reaction also, but because of another guest I’m being denied that memory.

View attachment 516232

What Can I do? Disney’s playing the whole it’s not our fault card but like I mentioned the tower of terror ride Picture and photo was so I could see my daughters reaction to my favorite ride of all time. I got to see it my boys reaction back in march but my last trip was just for my daughter

I was just copying my daughters school “scary” picture pose.

Am I completely screwed? regarding this?
You could try writing back and asking if it’s possible to get the photo with the offending riders “Mickey-ed out”. I’m sure I’ve seen someone’s ride photo with a couple of Mickey heads fairly recently.

PolynesianPrincess

This happened to us on our trip a few weeks ago. Numerous photopass pics from rides. I don't know if the masks make it harder for them to determine who's in the pics or what. Not sure if we didn't get them because people removed their masks or what.

Ldno

Original Poster
You could try writing back and asking if it’s possible to get the photo with the offending riders “Mickey-ed out”. I’m sure I’ve seen someone’s ride photo with a couple of Mickey heads fairly recently.
Thanks I will, let’s hope it’s not lost!
This happened to us on our trip a few weeks ago. Numerous photopass pics from rides. I don't know if the masks make it harder for them to determine who's in the pics or what. Not sure if we didn't get them because people removed their masks or what.
They were making it seem like if one person shows up without a mask the entire picture gets deleted, they told me to call them to verify this. Did you try reaching out to them and see what they said about it?

I am bummed out about it since I got none of the ride photos for the entire park, I could understand one or two, but all of them

Last edited:

PolynesianPrincess

I haven't had a chance to call them yet. We rode RNRC 3 times, no pics showed up. Our Tower pic didn't show up, our Mom's pic on Slinky didn't show up. It was only DHS we had issues at. The rest of the parks were fine.

donsullivan

Premium Member
The reality of this is that Disney is taking a very, very hard stance on mask compliance and cannot have any photos floating around the Internet showing non-compliance; especially on-ride photos that Disney took and distributed. They simply cannot allow it for anyone, no matter the reason.

This is no different than they've done for years on other attractions where people did inappropriate things for the photos and those photos were destroyed. Disney is not going to distribute a photo with folks who are not complying with the mask rules no matter how important your trip is to you.

Ldno

Original Poster
Thank you so much, your suggestion worked, they managed to release the cropped image of the ride photo!
I haven't had a chance to call them yet. We rode RNRC 3 times, no pics showed up. Our Tower pic didn't show up, our Mom's pic on Slinky didn't show up. It was only DHS we had issues at. The rest of the parks were fine.
Call them up and ask them if they can find it for you, way faster than waiting 2 weeks for a reply on their end. They were able to see the picture and ride photo on their end, ask them to mickey them out and see if they release them to you.
The reality of this is that Disney is taking a very, very hard stance on mask compliance and cannot have any photos floating around the Internet showing non-compliance; especially on-ride photos that Disney took and distributed. They simply cannot allow it for anyone, no matter the reason.

This is no different than they've done for years on other attractions where people did inappropriate things for the photos and those photos were destroyed. Disney is not going to distribute a photo with folks who are not complying with the mask rules no matter how important your trip is to you.
After getting off the phone with them I finally understood their stance on why they can’t release those pictures. Which sucks for me as A whole, like PolynesianPrincess the entire day they had issues with all the ride photos, finally the rep told me the slinky photo was down, but he was looking at the tower of terror video and photo from my ride.

To be honest the more I look at my photos, the more I noticed more selfish “people” in my photopass pictures without their mask taking pictures of their family. I caught two families and I am completely surprised Disney Released them to be honest.
Granted I can honestly say I am happy with the current results, yes the ride photo is cropped but Hey at least I can keep the a good memory of my daughter’s first time on my favorite ride of all time.

0BEF2D43-87E3-4F4A-BC64-A601D32B9D8D.jpeg

P.S. they did release the video next to it also by the way, they just didn’t tell me.

So yes, if you are missing photopass call them up and ask them to “mickey them out” or cropped them!!! Thank goodness for social distancing at least!

NelleBelle

I first heard about this happening on another forum and was absolutely floored about it! I was sure this was some "rumor" but I've heard of this happening more and more. People are such jerks...glad it worked out in the end and frankly, wish I could have everyone cropped out of my pictures 😉

Ldno

Original Poster
I first heard about this happening on another forum and was absolutely floored about it! I was sure this was some "rumor" but I've heard of this happening more and more. People are such jerks...glad it worked out in the end and frankly, wish I could have everyone cropped out of my pictures 😉
I thought they were rumors also but after waiting for 2 weeks and not seeing anything from DHS, it made me finally take action and ask them about it.

I get extremely ey happy seeing these icons and new pictures pop up, it’s the best feeling ever to expect nothing but greatness from the CM who took the photos or seeing how the ride photos turned out!

D2791F3F-95CA-43BB-953B-9C438B3F5F4A.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom