News PhotoPass at some character locations being replaced by automated cameras

ThatMouse

This just reinforces my opinion that PhotoPass is not worth it. What's amazing is the overwhelming love of PhotoPass. Yet, I have never personally gotten a PhotoPass photo worth printing or doing anything with. Ride photos are dumb. Pose & smile photos are uninteresting. The best ones are always taken by our own cameras. Good thing is cast members and guests are more than happy to take some of us both FOR FREE!

Cmdr_Crimson

Islands of Adventure has had a photo shoot Kiosk in Jurassic Park for a long time...I found these two on google as examples to show what they look like..

First is the camera station to the right side..
maxresdefault.jpg

And Here's the end result....
18905735459_9504bcbbaa_b.jpg

DABIGCHEEZ

You say you want a human Photopass photographer... no problem.

I am sure they will be announcing in very near future... Get those awesome family shots in front of the castle and great character interaction shots with your own WDW personal Photopass photographer ... all for the introductory price of $400/per day. :D

TOCPE82

I am sure they will be announcing in very near future... Get those awesome family shots in front of the castle and great character interaction shots with your own WDW personal Photopass photographer ... all for the introductory price of $400/per day. :D

Or like the guy who complained about the lines and under-staffing... and the GR CM tried to sell him on a personal VIP tour at $$$$$$$$

Tavernacle12

Ugh to all of this.
Why are they starting with Tinkerbelle? You'd think they'd start with someone who draws less of a line to test it out with. I don't think any guests are going to be happy with this, the question is how many are going to complain. Why the high cost of Photopass if all I'm paying for is a computer to press record?

How much is this going to impact actual character interactions? I haven't done it a ton, but I feel like the photographer usually helped end them. Is the machine going to know when to stop awkward moments quickly or to not interrupt something special?

I imagine this won't effect the character dining at all, since those don't have photographers anyways (except maybe for Cinderella at Royal Table?).

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

They already offer this: http://disneyfineartphotography.com/

SSH

Please please please write in, complain at Guest Relations, do any and all feedback you can about this poor decision as I feel that will be the only way that some kind of reversal of this decision could happen, but even then that’s a stretch still.

I wish you guys luck...I have no stake in this, since I've never been a photopass customer...but I WAS on the "write, complain, send any/all feedback" about value resort parking fees. :rolleyes: I emailed them, called and posted on social media, as did many others and got a canned response for my efforts.

I will feel badly for everyone when the next market crash and recession hits, but the only bright spot will be the humbling knockdown WDW experiences- 2009 will come again. :devilish:

Tavernacle12

One nice thing about this, insofar as people being able to complain, is that since Photopass is an add on, if the pictures don't come out well, not only will people stop paying for it on subsequent visits, but sites will start recommending people avoid it all together. It's not a situation in which, say, cutting effects on a ride or streetmosphere means people spend less somewhere. If it doesn't work, Disney will see the monetary effect of that really quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom