Photo update!

Courtman

Original Poster
We ventured down to Disneyland Paris last weekend to see the Tower of Terror and renew our Annual Passes. Here are some of the pictures we took to show the changes going on in Disneyland Resort Paris at the moment.

In the main Disneyland Park there aren't so many changes, but most of them are in Frontierland. The River Rogue Keelboats, dormant for so long seem to be up and running again. No mention on the park map, but we went on it:

pd_upd01.jpg

pd_upd02.jpg

pd_upd03.jpg

Pocahonta's Kids Play Area is closed. It was marked on the map as closed sometime in May for a few days only - but its closed now.

The old Critter Coral, which has been gathering tumbleweed for some time has sort of reopened - but as a Toy Story character meet n greet:

pd_upd05.jpg

You can pose with Bullseye in one of the old stables. Very little has changed to the layout as you can see:

pd_upd06.jpg

And Stinky Pete even puts in a slightly plasticy appearance (he doesn't smell at all):

pd_upd07.jpg

Courtman

Original Poster
In Adventureland, they've changed the location of Captain Jack's Meet 'n' Greet. Before it was crammed into the tiny area in front of the ride, now its by the pirate ship. Never saw him there though.

pd_upd08.jpg

Candleabration continues apace. Here are a few pictures from it, and the castle of course!

candle1.jpg

candle2.jpg

candle4.jpg

candle5.jpg

Behind the castle, the Sword in the Stone is being refurbed:

pd_upd09.jpg

That's it for the major changes at Disneyland Park, now for the Studios....

Courtman

Original Poster
Now, to Walt Disney Studios. This is really starting to take shape and despite my reservations about Tower of Terror it has made the park a much smarter looking place.

At night, the entrance plaza looks stunning (this picture doesn't really do it justice):

wds_upd01.jpg

Studio 1's entrance still has the Cars wallpaper up, wonder when Wall*E will make an appearance - he's on lots of billboards everywhere else, and cute he looks too!

wds_upd02.jpg

Once through Studio One, you meet Walt and Mickey still. But its what's behind the statue that reveals the most changes:

wds_upd03.jpg

Gone is the dreary walkway to the Studio Tour. It may only be painted flats, but it looks much smarter and very effective:

wds_upd05.jpg

And of course the biggest change....

Courtman

Original Poster
...is the Tower of Terror!

wds_upd04.jpg

Now, I thought it would be an eyesore in the middle of the park - boy was I wrong. The old terrace area has been themed around the hotel, and fits in nicely.

wds_upd07.jpg

After walking through the terrace you meet this monster:

wds_upd08.jpg

Impressive. The exit to the ride is through the obligatory gift shop. The attention to detail on the whole building is impressive.

wds_upd09.jpg

The sign is a little tucked away, in a broken fountain - but has the same effect as in Florida:

wds_upd06.jpg

Courtman

Original Poster
The Studio Tram Tour sits at the foot of the Hollywood Hills sign. It has a new entrance which is just a painted flat but smartens the area up and fits it in with the Hollywood theming much better:

wds_upd10.jpg

The area with the Flying Carpets and Animagique is now "Toon Studios":

wds_upd11.jpg

Crush's Coaster dominates the skyline in building 5. The ride briefly nips outside. People sit in shells and two face forward, two backwards. The ride spins round inside. Queue times for Crush's Coaster were stupid - 75mins, with no fast pass!

wds_upd12.jpg

Next door to Crush's Coaster is a new meet 'n' greet, Mickey is there and also characters from Ratatouille:

wds_upd13.jpg

And speaking of Remy, the little rat has become the star of the buffet restaurant in the Studios - Rendezvous des Stars:

wds_upd14.jpg

That's the main changes we saw in the Studios, but there is more!

Courtman

Original Poster
Last but not least, Disney Village. Its looked a bit tacky for a while, and the big illuminating balls they put up did nothing to enhance it. But they seem to be working on it a bit.

They have replaced the daft food wagons with something a bit more permanent, and new flower beds and concrete borders (to sit on have been installed):

dv_upd01.jpg

Looking down the village from Planet Hollywood, there are more planters and other seating areas:

dv_upd02.jpg

And by the Sports Bar and Sandwich Bar is a new seating area, again much improved and with new planters to separate the seating area from the thoroughfare:

dv_upd03.jpg

And at the end of the village Panoramagique still sits and operates frequently too by the look of it. Was a bit windy when we went by, but saw it up loads over the weekend!

dv_upd04.jpg

And that's it for my update!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Courtman - I thought the same thing about the Studios. They really are coming along very nicely. With the crowds I saw at the start of April hopefully phase 2 will get the green light very soon now.

The village was the same - a bit of beautification has done it wonders. And they are moiving fast; on the Friday there was a big hole in the ground, on Saturday they were concreting and installing planters, and by Sunday afternoon the same place was a completed large, wooden decked patio area!

Thanks for sharing. You`ve made me want to sort my pics out for a similar update :wave:

Courtman

Original Poster
Great update, thanks!

But, for some reason I can not view the photos.

Its a pretty poor update if you can't see the pictures, this isn't radio after all! Don't know why you can't see them, they are working at this end - sorry. Hopefully your browser will show them soon!

Courtman

Original Poster
Some more pictures, while not necessarily showing any updates do illustrate just why I think Disneyland Paris is for the most part the best themed of the Disney's I've been to...

Entrance to the main park, Mickey's wand lights the magic:

wand.jpg

The main entrance is under the imposing (and expensive!) Disneyland Hotel:

dh.jpg

You can go upstairs in Sleeping Beauty's Castle and go out on the rampart and look out over Fantasyland - that's where I got the picture of the Sword in the Stone:

sbc.jpg

And under the castle is something of a surprise:

dragon.jpg

Courtman

Original Poster
Fantasyland has stunning theming throughout, from the storybook area with "Les Pay des Contes du Fetes" to the Casey Jr train-ride. Here are a couple of views of Fantasyland, including the Mad Hatter Teacup Ride:

mhtc.jpg

fantasyland.jpg

Its a Small World is completely different from anywhere else I've been. The Disneyland Railroad runs through the frontage of the building.

iasw.jpg

Discoveryland is the Paris version of Tomorrowland, and is probably the most crowded and disorganised area of the park in my opinion - very often the entrance to the area behind the sign is crammed with people.

discoveryland.jpg

Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast is a clone from Florida, but much improved with guns you can pick up and move around.

bllb.jpg

Bang in the middle of Discoveryland is Space Mountain : Mission 2. As a roller-coaster chicken, I can't vouch for it - but I'm told its very very good!

sm.jpg

Tucked behind Space Mountain is Honey I Shrunk the Audience (its getting dated even in French), and Star Tours (ditto). Inside the Videopolis building is a burger restaurant, lots of seating and a small-ish theatre hosting very good version of the Lion King.

videopolis.jpg

Courtman

Original Poster
Adventureland is a quiet land, with a big pirate ship play area, Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Adventure Isle (big adventure playground basically), Indy rollercoaster and of course Pirates of the Caribbean!

pi.jpg

Frontierland is a large area, sprawling from the Tarzan theatre all the way round to the Phantom Manor. Good theming throughout, it has Thunder Mountain as the centrepiece, and Phantom Manor is the most imposing building:

pm.jpg

Courtman

Original Poster
Just a few extra pics to illustrate the Studios, although most of the highspots were put in the update.

The entrance courtyard is dominated by the Tour d'Earful, and a statue from the Sorcerer's Apprentice:

earful.jpg

And, to finish things off - a closeup of the "damage" to the Tower of Terror...

hth.jpg

And now, that really is it from our trip! Enjoy the pictures!

bayoumoon

High spots - low spots? they are all wonderful! The pictures make me want to go get my pass port cancel my 09 Alaska vacation and go to Disney Paris instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom