News PHOTO - Orange Bird 'thank you' magnet mailing soon to Walt Disney World passholders

jeanericuser001

So this is what they give to passholders who stuck around despite the cuts in benefits, decrease in access to the parks, and raises in price. Ouch. You can't say disney execs are not without a sense of humor.

Attachments

• 200.gif
    200.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 70

deeevo

Are these the leftovers from last years F&G that was shutdown? I can't remember what magnet was being handed out when all hell broke loose.

tcool123

Are these the leftovers from last years F&G that was shutdown? I can't remember what magnet was being handed out when all hell broke loose.
Before the shutdown it was the Donald Duck magnets being handed at Dinoland right now.

The Orange Birds were meant to be handed out during the second half of F&G last year, but they never got to release them. I'm glad to see them releasing it as I was very excited to get my hands on it.

correcaminos

Pity we weren't able to activate ours yet. Oh well . I love orange bird and had been all set to get this one last year before they closed.

AshaNeOmah

Sure would like to get my hands on one of those APs. With three trips planned and rooms booked between now and New Years.... it sure would be nice.

JohnD

More than likely. OB was one of two magnets that was planned on being given out to passholders who show up to receive one.

JohnD

Before the shutdown it was the Donald Duck magnets being handed at Dinoland right now.

The Orange Birds were meant to be handed out during the second half of F&G last year, but they never got to release them. I'm glad to see them releasing it as I was very excited to get my hands on it.

Same here. Previously, I had put some magnets on my car. No they didn't get stolen. They got completely whacked by the weather. OB is going directly on the refrigerator or somewhere else indoors.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It’s a gesture but... underwhelming. They truly think AP’s and WDW guests in general are easy to please. But since said people keep showing up and apparently giving them high GSAT numbers, what’s their incentive to do anything but the bare minimum that they are allowed to get away with?

DoleWhipDrea

I wanted my AP Orange Bird magnet last year. How is this a “thank you” when they already had these put into production for a year ago?

I didn’t renew my pass.

jeanericuser001

It’s a gesture but... underwhelming. They truly think AP’s and WDW guests in general are easy to please. But since said people keep showing up and apparently giving them high GSAT numbers, what’s their incentive to do anything but the bare minimum that they are allowed to get away with?
Well here is a gesture I think many ap holders feel like giving in response to this gesture......but were a bit more refined.

Attachments

• scroob.gif
    scroob.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 76

JohnD

I wanted my AP Orange Bird magnet last year. How is this a “thank you” when they already had these put into production for a year ago?

I didn’t renew my pass.
The difference is that you don’t have to show up in Epcot to get one. You’re getting one mailed to you regardless.

JohnD

Not sure about everyone else, but I never got the last one (Tinker bell) that was supposed to be mailed to us. Seems like most from what I've read also never got theirs. Definitely hoping won't be the case with this one. ☺

I somehow got mine.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I had to show a long form birth certificate, give a blood and plasma sample and agree to an NDA that prohibited me from showing my magnet to anyone that wasn't an annual passholder, but I got them.

The NDA prohibits me from saying what I needed to provide to get a magnet. Still waiting for ours, though, perhaps I didn’t provide Bob with enough shine on his bald head? He’s a stickler for a perfectly smooth shave. Oops!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom