PHOTO - New MagicSlider accessory brings a functioning watch face to MagicBands

TyrantBoss

Honestly I would rather the bands be rings. If you wear a watch on your left arm like I do, and your magic band on your right arm, then you pull into a Disney resort, you have to take off your magic band to lift the gate because the band reader is on the left side of your car.

If they make magic bands into rings then we can wear our magic rings on the same hand as our watches ....then all we have to do is tap our finger to the band reader. It would be so much easier.

invader

Honestly I would rather the bands be rings. If you wear a watch on your left arm like I do, and your magic band on your right arm, then you pull into a Disney resort, you have to take off your magic band to lift the gate because the band reader is on the left side of your car.

If they make magic bands into rings then we can wear our magic rings on the same hand as our watches ....then all we have to do is tap our finger to the band reader. It would be so much easier.
Continually fist bumping a Mickey head would be pretty cool too

And who doesn't wear a watch on their left arm lol

CDavid

The NFC will not work through the watch unless its placed as shown in the pictures. It requires the Mickey head on the band to make contact with the reader at the park entrance, FP+ and hotel door readers.

I mentioned this previously over on the MM+ board, and while I really do think this is an interesting idea, it seems almost backwards in execution. Wouldn't it make more sense to sell a watch (or watch band) with built-in Magic Band functionality rather than a watch add-on for the regular Magic Band? Something like the classic Mickey watch pictured a few posts ago. There are people who wouldn't wear a Magic Band but will wear a watch.

The other problem is the odd placement of the watch face. Seems like it should be possible to make a Mickey to Mickey connection work through the watch face, perhaps? How much of an opening would you need in the watch "face" to make contact and/or allow a signal to pass through?

Guest spending on both merch and F&B is through the roof quarter after quarter so...

Increasing attendance numbers coupled with prices raised through the stratosphere would tend to do that. Doesn't mean Disney could not do even better by providing a greater variety of merchandise that guests want to buy and pricing it at more reasonable levels. Prices which are viewed as too high may actually dissuade people from shopping.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I mentioned this previously over on the MM+ board, and while I really do think this is an interesting idea, it seems almost backwards in execution. Wouldn't it make more sense to sell a watch (or watch band) with built-in Magic Band functionality rather than a watch add-on for the regular Magic Band? Something like the classic Mickey watch pictured a few posts ago. There are people who wouldn't wear a Magic Band but will wear a watch.

The other problem is the odd placement of the watch face. Seems like it should be possible to make a Mickey to Mickey connection work through the watch face, perhaps? How much of an opening would you need in the watch "face" to make contact and/or allow a signal to pass through?

Increasing attendance numbers coupled with prices raised through the stratosphere would tend to do that. Doesn't mean Disney could not do even better by providing a greater variety of merchandise that guests want to buy and pricing it at more reasonable levels. Prices which are viewed as too high may actually dissuade people from shopping.
I completely agree.

Disney is missing the boat.

I would gladly buy a "Magic Band Skagen" and pay hundreds for it as I regularly do the same for a new watch eact trip anyway! I want the "jewelry watch" options...not a cheap addon.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
With the apple watch / apple pay option available, and the relationship with Disney, it would be awesome to use an apple watch you may already own. Tie in to MM+ and replace the magic band. (No I don't yet have an apple watch, just seems like a good fit).

Cmdr_Crimson

You know....Oddly...Cheap Knockoffs look better than the one's they are selling....
427-1266-large.jpg
50-PCS-Cartoon-New-Minie-Mouse-Silicon-Rubber-Girls-Boys-Great-Craze-Wristwatch-Cute-Kids-font.jpg

CaptainAmerica

I've been told that Disney won't sell anything unless they can make at least a 500% mark-up on the product. This surely drives that point home.
That seems high. Off the top of my head, they're absolutely not getting anywhere close to that on Lego, DVDs, video games, Ray-bans, Dooney & Bourke, Melissa & Doug, SMS headphones, or just about anything in World Showcase.

jakeman

This accessory has potential but the placement location on the band is awkward. I know it's for technological reason, but as a consumer, that's not really my problem.

I was eagerly anticipating a watch face, but did not expect it to be so large in comparison to the band.

I guess I'll continue to wear my regular watch and continue to carry my MB on my belt loop.

DisneyRoy

Left handed people?

Not this guy. Left handed and wear a watch on my left wrist. The last time we were there was our first trip with the bands which I put on my left wrist in place of my watch. And I found myself constantly looking at the band to see the time and then being disappointed every time it didn't tell me. This is a welcome addition. Now they just need a better design and price point.

Brian

With the apple watch / apple pay option available, and the relationship with Disney, it would be awesome to use an apple watch you may already own. Tie in to MM+ and replace the magic band. (No I don't yet have an apple watch, just seems like a good fit).

I have an Apple Watch Sport and will be traveling to WDW in July. I have already had nightmares about the fact that the band colors might not match. :p

But seriously, I can see an Apple Watch replacing the functionality of a MagicBand in the near future.

bhg469

I have an Apple Watch Sport and will be traveling to WDW in July. I have already had nightmares about the fact that the band colors might not match. :p

But seriously, I can see an Apple Watch replacing the functionality of a MagicBand in the near future.
I cant! You can't go to mile resorts on a trip and use the same band the entire time. You can't have an AP made it your room key.

Nope that toy you have on your wrist will be obsolete before disney sorts this out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom