PHOTO - New MagicSlider accessory brings a functioning watch face to MagicBands

tribbleorlfl

Yeah, saw that on Saturday and thought from the beginning that would be a neat accessory.

My question, though, is does it interfere with the NFT component of the MB?

I see in the pics the watch face is a slider on the side of the band and doesn't go over the Mickey ears touchpoint like a traditional watch or the larger existing sliders.

The digital one was available on Saturday at the Epcot main pin stand and was $27, I believe.

Shaman

Yeah, saw that on Saturday and thought from the beginning that would be a neat accessory.

I see in the pics the watch face is a slider on the side of the band and doesn't go over the Mickey ears touchpoint like a traditional watch or the larger existing sliders.

The digital one was available on Saturday at the Epcot main pin stand and was $27, I believe.

$27!!! Nope. It's nice and all but....:cautious:

Edit: Is this sold as a bundle with a band or separately?

Rinx

$27!!! Nope. It's nice and all but....:cautious:

Edit: Is this sold as a bundle with a band or separately?

It's separate, of course. Were you expecting a bargain? :p I saw in an article on another site that it may be in the upper teens range.

tribbleorlfl

I love watching people inside the stores when they reach for merch and find the price. Most put the item back with a confused look on their face. I know I usually laugh as I put stuff down. Silly Disney.
Yeah, sticker shock is becoming a bit too frequent out there. I work in pricing (insurance) and realize profit goals need to be met, but at the same time, you aren't going to hit any goals unless you sell product. They left money on the table by overpricing this thing (even by theme park standards). Had it been $20-$22, I would have walked away w/ 2 of them considering how long we've wanted something like this.

It's funny, because I've applied for countless Pricing Analyst positions at WDW the past year and a half or so and haven't gotten so much as a nibble. Now I know why.

bhg469

The NFC will not work through the watch unless its placed as shown in the pictures. It requires the Mickey head on the band to make contact with the reader at the park entrance, FP+ and hotel door readers.

lebeau

Raining_Cash_32oz_Customer.jpg

Dollar bills, y'all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom