News PHOTO - Bo Peep from Toy Story 4 coming to Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kman101

The internet is a big place. I'm envious of your ability to see every circle, every discussion, everywhere and determine that no Bos were Peeped.

Amazing isn't it? LOL

Toy Story 4 was literally made to address Bo Peep's absence (well, maybe not "literally made" for that reason, $$$$ of course ...). She was a main character in the 1st and faded in the 2nd and disappeared in the 3rd. I sometimes think they overdo it with adding new toys but I get why they do it (look, Forky!). Other toys suffer.

Cmdr_Crimson

So, since they are bringing her back for M&G's...Does this mean that she could also return in Midway Mania?
Bo_Peep.jpg

mm52200

With Jessie having such a big role in TSL, I can't see the switchout being permanent.

At least they're not firing someone since I'm supposing the same CM will just be wearing a different costume.
Not quite that simple. Every single character has specific heights and measurements, down to being a quarter of an inch too tall or short, or your chest or shoulders are too long, random things you never think of.
And while no one is ever fired or let go when a certain character or show closes or goes away, it’ll be harder for cast members in that height range to get hours. Full time may be only scheduled their minimum guaranteed 32 hours, while part time or seasonal cast could not be scheduled at all. It’s a trickle down effect and a lot of Jessie’s friends would definitely lose hours as there are not many characters in that height range that meet regularly.

Magic Feather

Not quite that simple. Every single character has specific heights and measurements, down to being a quarter of an inch too tall or short, or your chest or shoulders are too long, random things you never think of.
And while no one is ever fired or let go when a certain character or show closes or goes away, it’ll be harder for cast members in that height range to get hours. Full time may be only scheduled their minimum guaranteed 32 hours, while part time or seasonal cast could not be scheduled at all. It’s a trickle down effect and a lot of Jessie’s friends would definitely lose hours as there are not many characters in that height range that meet regularly.
If I recall, the chipmunks and Pooh operate in the same height range and Jessie, in addition to some Disney Jr. Characters. While I am unsure of the difference between Bo Peep and Jessie’s requirements, I would be surprised if there weren’t opportunities to be had.

mm52200

If I recall, the chipmunks and Pooh operate in the same height range and Jessie, in addition to some Disney Jr. Characters. While I am unsure of the difference between Bo Peep and Jessie’s requirements, I would be surprised if there weren’t opportunities to be had.
I’m not saying there aren’t any opportunities but very few, and people who might be friends with Jessie won’t automatically be friends with Bo Peep, cause she’s most likely a different height range.
And yes Jessie is in a similar height as munks but they don’t meet at MK anymore, only Studios, DAK, and at Garden Grill right now so not a ton of opportunities.

Kman101

I’m not saying there aren’t any opportunities but very few, and people who might be friends with Jessie won’t automatically be friends with Bo Peep, cause she’s most likely a different height range.
And yes Jessie is in a similar height as munks but they don’t meet at MK anymore, only Studios, DAK, and at Garden Grill right now so not a ton of opportunities.

What about for characters in entertainment, like the Chipmunks are in Move it Shake It but don't have m&g's ... how does that work? Sounds like a dumb question maybe ... lol

mm52200

What about for characters in entertainment, like the Chipmunks are in Move it Shake It but don't have m&g's ... how does that work? Sounds like a dumb question maybe ... lol
Well everyone is in “entertainment” but if performers are trained in MiSi they can do that sure, but also not many people get trained in it and they only need one of each chipmunk a day for that show compared to a meet and greet location which can have three of each in the summer.

Kman101

Well everyone is in “entertainment” but if performers are trained in MiSi they can do that sure, but also not many people get trained in it and they only need one of each chipmunk a day for that show compared to a meet and greet location which can have three of each in the summer.

Thank you! I've never quite understood how characters/entertainment decisions are made. Always nice to get a little more insight :)

ImperfectPixie

That's um....interesting? Maybe it's just me, but skin-toned fabric should be avoided at all costs. It ALWAYS looks awful. Also...why do they feel the gloves are necessary? Even if they had no choice but to use skin-toned fabric, they could have ended it at the neckline and allowed bare arms, or ended it at the wrists and given her two bracelets instead of one.

DisneyOutsider

That's um....interesting? Maybe it's just me, but skin-toned fabric should be avoided at all costs. It ALWAYS looks awful. Also...why do they feel the gloves are necessary? Even if they had no choice but to use skin-toned fabric, they could have ended it at the neckline and allowed bare arms, or ended it at the wrists and given her two bracelets instead of one.
Even the pastiest of skin tones would end up darker than Bo's head given any significant time in the Florida Sun. Only way that works was if they made her a true face character.

I think it looks pretty good. Certainly not awful as you suggest

ImperfectPixie

Even the pastiest of skin tones would end up darker than Bo's head given any significant time in the Florida Sun. Only way that works was if they made her a true face character.

I think it looks pretty good. Certainly not awful as you suggest
It's just the skin-toned fabric I don't like. Other than that, I think she looks great.

EDIT: (The reason the fabric bothers me so much is because it brings to mind someone wearing panty-hose or tights that don't fit correctly.)

No Name

It's sad here we see a new land and we don't even have Lotso out either...

I’m not about to ask for a character that doesn’t fit in the context of the area. Do we forget that he isn’t introduced until 3, where Andy doesn’t play with toys in his backyard anymore? More importantly, do we forget that he is the antagonist and leaves the story having just tried to kill Woody, Buzz, and co.? I’d sooner hope and expect to see a Jar Jar Binks toy character in TSL than Lotso.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom