Peter Pan's Flight vs Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Better ride?

• Total voters

comics101

This is a choice between WED of old and modern WDI, so you can probably guess which one I picked. ;)

But at least it's easier to get on Peter Pan if you know when to do so. Managed to only wait 25-30 min last time. I don't even bother with Mine Train because of how long the line is.

I'm totally in your boat; give me WED circa 1971 over modern WDI any day of the week. With that said, I'll just add that personally, if tomorrow Disney announced that PPF was closing for refurbishment, and that all still figures were going to be swapped out for animatronics similar to those found on the Mine Train, I'd be thrilled. There are some cool elements of Mine Train that, if added to the average C-ticket dark ride, could provide them an update and create a truly spectacular experience. And that's why PPF beats Mine Train, for me. If PPF were the exact same ride but with modern tech, it'd be one of the best dark rides at the resort. There's nothing that could be added to Mine Train as it currently exists that would transform it into the best coaster/dark ride hybrid at WDW, short of expanding/adding to the ride.

Side note: If only WDW management had pursued such an option for the 50th anniversary. Imagine if PPF and Winnie the Pooh received massive animatronic/effects upgrades while a new dark ride (done in the classic Fantasyland-style) opened at the former home of SWSA. What a neat way to celebrate MK (at minimal cost) and what a missed opportunity.

tpoly88

I don't understand the attraction for Peter Pan's Flight. It's a slow, boring, short ride but people are willing to stand in line for over an hour to do this. The current standby wait is 70 minutes. When I visited WDW in October I hadn't ridden PPF in many years. I decided to try it again because I figured with the long line Disney must have made some improvements to attract a crowd like that. After another slow, boring short ride I was reminded of why I pass it by each time I visit the MK.
I think a lot of us ( me included) like this ride for the nostalgia, of a time that once was and remembering his excited I was to watch Peter Pan on wonderful world of Disney with my brothers. Then to go on the ride when I was 5 years old. I think that is it. The mine train.. I would never wait any more than 25 min for that ride. Most disappointing ride in Disney and could have great but it was rushed. Just went on it last week after not going on it for years and my wife and I both said not worth the wait.

Club Cooloholic

I'm totally in your boat; give me WED circa 1971 over modern WDI any day of the week. With that said, I'll just add that personally, if tomorrow Disney announced that PPF was closing for refurbishment, and that all still figures were going to be swapped out for animatronics similar to those found on the Mine Train, I'd be thrilled. There are some cool elements of Mine Train that, if added to the average C-ticket dark ride, could provide them an update and create a truly spectacular experience. And that's why PPF beats Mine Train, for me. If PPF were the exact same ride but with modern tech, it'd be one of the best dark rides at the resort. There's nothing that could be added to Mine Train as it currently exists that would transform it into the best coaster/dark ride hybrid at WDW, short of expanding/adding to the ride.

Side note: If only WDW management had pursued such an option for the 50th anniversary. Imagine if PPF and Winnie the Pooh received massive animatronic/effects upgrades while a new dark ride (done in the classic Fantasyland-style) opened at the former home of SWSA. What a neat way to celebrate MK (at minimal cost) and what a missed opportunity.
Bring back Mr Toad! That movie still holds up too, it's become one of my kids favorites

Simba's Mom

Although I think Peter Pan's Flight is the better ride, I'll be riding 7DMT as much as possible, but never riding PPF any more. That's because I can't do moving walkways and PPF's walkway doesn't stop.

Ginzuishou

Seven Dwarves is wayy too short, but I would rather ride that than Peter Pan. Peter Pan has a fun ride vehicle, but the ride is boring with nothing interesting to look at.

Djsfantasi

Seven Dwarves is wayy too short, but I would rather ride that than Peter Pan. Peter Pan has a fun ride vehicle, but the ride is boring with nothing interesting to look at.

I’d disagree that there’s nothing to look at. But I have a related concern. Did they speed up the ride? I found it difficult to enjoy each scene.

bdearl41

For all the Peter Pan haters out there. Put it in context. Remember that ride is 50 years old. Pretty cool considering metal roller coasters barely existed when it was built.

The Empress Lilly

Peter Pan is one of the best dark rides in the park. While Mine Train is probably the worst coaster on the park.
This!

Personally I look much better in simple but great fitting shorts and polo shirt than in a suit and tie that's off-the-rack and two sizes too small. If you catch my drift.

Classic dark ride with magic X factor > one half of a so-so family coaster.

Goofyernmost

This!

Personally I look much better in simple but great fitting shorts and polo shirt than in a suit and tie that's off-the-rack and two sizes too small. If you catch my drift.

Classic dark ride with magic X factor > one half of a so-so family coaster.
I think I understand what you are speaking in code about, but if I do, I have a question. What part of 7DMT do you consider "off the rack"? It's one of the first moderate coasters that is also a dark ride. I don't believe I have ever been on a coaster before that slowed up to go through a mine scene. It also has very extensive detail on the ride it self. PLUS a completely new designed coaster vehicle and it is properly in Fantasyland. All that leaves is the track and even if I were to know it was a design exactly the same as other paths of other tracks I don't find it important as it is unique to the overall theme. It's in Fantasyland, formal apparel is not required and the length of it is just the norm for Disney over the last couple of decades. Expecting more truly also fit in Fantasyland. What was there was done well, in my humble opinion. Far superior to the I don't think it will ever end "Small World" classic attraction which also comes under the heading of "the curse of too much space".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom