Peter Pan evacuation video

castlecake2.0

These videos are cool but I wish cast enforced thé know recording rule during evacs as guests should be focused on exiting carefully rather than filming.

JIMINYCR

So the little girl found out how it feels to be a giant, like in her story books, walking through London town.
Giant-Children-4924.jpg

HouCuseChickie

Now I'm curious what their evacuation plan is for an emergency, like a fire. I can't imagine wheeling steps over to every flying ship would work too well for something like that.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Now I'm curious what their evacuation plan is for an emergency, like a fire. I can't imagine wheeling steps over to every flying ship would work too well for something like that.

They don't wheel steps over to the ships. Every so many yards they have steps level with the track. In a breakdown the CM's push the 'ships' to the nearest set of steps and then allow the guests out. They may have some mobile steps but they aren't the usual procedure. I would hate to be on that attraction if it broke down during a fire in that building I must admit :eek:

HouCuseChickie

They don't wheel steps over to the ships. Every so many yards they have steps level with the track. In a breakdown the CM's push the 'ships' to the nearest set of steps and then allow the guests out. They may have some mobile steps but they aren't the usual procedure. I would hate to be on that attraction if it broke down during a fire in that building I must admit :eek:

Interesting. I guess I was viewing it backwards from how it's done with the steps. Either way, I'm with you...this can't be the place you want to be stuck in the event of a fire. It's got me thinking back to my mom's fears over boardwalk dark rides I used to beg to go on when growing up. Still, I'm sure Disney has more solid plans than the boardwalk...I hope.

muddyrivers

Youtube suggested I watch this, it's the evacuation of Flight of Passage for a fire. Towards the end you see backstage for those interested.

I was quite surprised how no one reacted when the woman said there was a silent fire alarm. Maybe I've been through too many what if's but I would much rather have found out it was a false alarm than find out it was the real thing and my lack of action costs me my life.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I was quite surprised how no one reacted when the woman said there was a silent fire alarm. Maybe I've been through too many what if's but I would much rather have found out it was a false alarm than find out it was the real thing and my lack of action costs me my life.

I know what you mean. Perhaps Disney do such a good job at making everything seem 'magical' that people thought "It's Disney, nothing seriously bad can happen"? Whilst I would have remained calm personally, I would have taken it more seriously than some of the folks on there did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom