PERMITS

Curious Constance

BLD2020-04801DTD - Buidling DD - Tenant Improvement: 3,871 sq ft to include new full-height wall to separate retail space from existing unoccupied space. Remove and replace existing roof mounted mechanical unit and re-route ducting. With electrical.

From Mouseplanet:

... We missed this building permit, but Disney in November filed to build a new wall to partition off the retail store from the restaurant space inside the vacant former Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. The restaurant had a large gift shop at the entrance, and Disney seems to be looking for a way to open just that section.”

Should have known that @SSG didn’t miss it 😀

Curious Constance

Twitter rumor I read said that word is that a galaxys edge outpost store is to go there and the current store in dtd will be avengers themed
Makes sense since the Avenger land is supposed to open this year and would want a more prominent store location. I look forward to seeing if the dirty blankets get moved over to Rainforest Cafe then.

SSG

Original Poster
From Mouseplanet:

... We missed this building permit, but Disney in November filed to build a new wall to partition off the retail store from the restaurant space inside the vacant former Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. The restaurant had a large gift shop at the entrance, and Disney seems to be looking for a way to open just that section.”

Should have known that @SSG didn’t miss it 😀

Take A Bow Youre Welcome GIF

AJFireman

Unknown signage permit, but Building DD is the old Rainforest Café.

SGN2020-00153Disneyland Resort - See correspondence for scope 1515 S DISNEYLAND DR BLDG DD
Updated : DTD - BLDG DD - Install (1) illuminated marquee sign and (8) non-illuminated decorative attachments

Also the Asian Street Temp Structure has been removed from in front of the building so something is happening along with the other permit of the Wall being built.

SSG

Original Poster
Rainforest Cafe.

BLD2021-00249
Mechanical to support DTD - Buidling DD - Tenant Improvement: 3,871 sq ft to include new full-height wall to separate retail space from existing unoccupied space. Remove and replace existing roof mounted mechanical unit and re-route ducting. With electrical.

SSG

Original Poster
First permit of the new year; yay!

It doesn't say anything; boo!

However, building 752 is the new merch store in Marvel Land and the reported stunt action happens on its roof.

BLD2021-00105Disney - Confidential project ; see correspondence for scope 1515 S HARBOR BLVD 752
This was revised:

BLD2021-00105 DCA - BLDG 752 - Tenant Improvement: Install new aluminum framed themed wall onto existing structure. Install rappel assembly on rooftop.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Some people have asked if I post every permit coming out of the resort. I do not because some of them are completely uninteresting. For example, this permit today appears to be for swapping out a utility meter by the DTD parking lot.

BLD2021-00341Electrical for a meter pedestal change out, same location. 1742 S DISNEYLAND DR WPS-21

Apologies to any Water-Power-Sewer fans.
NOooo!! I remember that pedestal!! Disney is destroying my childhood!!!!

Ismael Flores

At least they're not replacing the crude robotic animals and storm effects.
I believe the whole building was gutted when rainforest left. Didn't someone post pictures of even the bar stools sitting behind the building.

would be great if most of the bar area was still there and they can repurpose it as a Star Wars themed bar.

Are people normally allowed to drink and walk around DTD?

Th3 DUd3

Some people have asked if I post every permit coming out of the resort. I do not because some of them are completely uninteresting. For example, this permit today appears to be for swapping out a utility meter by the DTD parking lot.

BLD2021-00341Electrical for a meter pedestal change out, same location. 1742 S DISNEYLAND DR WPS-21

Apologies to any Water-Power-Sewer fans.
But I didn't get my selfie with it. Darn it! *snaps finger

SSG

Original Poster
Another blind permit, but Building 751 is the Spidey attraction:

BLD2021-00440 Disney - see correspondence for scope 1515 S HARBOR BLVD 751

And this is a signage permit. It's using the general DCA address, so I'm not sure where it's going.

SGN2021-00008 Installation of (1) freestanding monitor display sign. 1515 S HARBOR BLVD

Last edited:

Th3 DUd3

Another blind permit, but Building 751 is the Spidey attraction:

BLD2021-00440 Disney - see correspondence for scope 1515 S HARBOR BLVD 751

And this is a signage permit. It's using the general DCA address, so I'm not sure where it's going.

SGN2021-00008 Installation of (1) freestanding monitor display sign. 1515 S HARBOR BLVD
Spoke to the Doc and he said that there are 14,000,605 places it could go, but only one will work.

SSG

Original Poster
This was updated. Before: BLD2021-00440 Disney - see correspondence for scope 1515 S HARBOR BLVD 751

After: BLD2021-00440 DCA - BLDG 751 - Tenant Improvement: Install steel frame wall assembly attached to existing structure.

And added another confidential project at the Winery:

BLD2021-00554Disney - Confidential project ; see correspondence for scope 777 W KATELLA AVE 420 (Golden Vine Winery)

And some parking work:

BLD2021-00530Disney - Cleo Parking Structure - Electrical for new fixtures, circuits, conduit and conductors at floors 2 through 5.

Old Mouseketeer

This was updated. Before: BLD2021-00440 Disney - see correspondence for scope 1515 S HARBOR BLVD 751

After: BLD2021-00440 DCA - BLDG 751 - Tenant Improvement: Install steel frame wall assembly attached to existing structure.

And added another confidential project at the Winery:

BLD2021-00554Disney - Confidential project ; see correspondence for scope 777 W KATELLA AVE 420 (Golden Vine Winery)

And some parking work:

BLD2021-00530Disney - Cleo Parking Structure - Electrical for new fixtures, circuits, conduit and conductors at floors 2 through 5.

Could the Cleo (Pixar Pals) work be additional EV charging stations?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom