PERMITS

mandelbrot

I'm unclear as to what that means. I have never been inside any of these areas, so I think it's possible that I don't understand how these spaces are situated.
There is a very large underground complex beneath the Northern end of the Grand Californian connecting to the section of Downtown Disney beneath Brennan's, Tortilla Jo's, Splitsville, Uva, and all the surrounding buildings. There's a sizeable parking structure down there mostly used for GC valet parking, VIP parking, unloading of deliveries, and trash/recycling. It's not very well laid out and takes a while to figure out how to get around.

mandelbrot

The Valet Parking was an add-on about 10 years ago, same time the DVC units were added.

As for the service tunnel. That was original, but similar to what WDW did. The tunnel was built first, and the trade was lowered a half a story. Then after it was built, they raised the grade to match the top of the tunnels. That is why there is a uphill on the east end of DTD.
Where is there a detectable uphill section of Downtown Disney?

And the valet parking structure has been down there since 2000.

SSG

Original Poster
Well, well.....Eastern Gate Way?

BLD2019-01842(NAME??) - USCIS Parking Lot - Site Development: Install (5) light poles, (4) EV chargers, (1) 2500 amp switchboard, (2) 200 amp panels and (2) 100 amp panels. Restripe parking lot.
BLD2019-01845(NAME ??) - Sybron Parking Lot - Site Development: Install (51) light poles, (8) EV chargers, (1) motorized gate arm, (2) card readers and 135 ln ft x 7 ft high fence with swing gate.

SSG

Original Poster
Well, temporary CM parking to replace the Katella CM lot
They're also gating and lighting the Carousel Inn lot, which butts up against Sybron :

BLD2019-01846 (NAME ??) - Carousel Parking Lot - Site Development: Install (12) light poles, (1) 100 amp panel and 164 ln ft x 7 ft high fence with swing gate.

And modifying Pumbaa:

BLD2019-01843 (NAME??) - Pumbaa Parking Lot - Site Development: Install (1) 47 sq ft prefabricated guard booth, (1) light pole, (2) motorized gate arms, (1) card reader, (1) 125 amp panel and 35 ln ft x 12 ft high chain link fence and swing gate

In addition to USCIS and Sybron.

I wonder if the plan is to punch a hole from the Carousel Inn lot through to Sybron/USCIS and have CMs access the resort that way.

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

They're also gating and lighting the Carousel Inn lot, which butts up against Sybron :

BLD2019-01846 (NAME ??) - Carousel Parking Lot - Site Development: Install (12) light poles, (1) 100 amp panel and 164 ln ft x 7 ft high fence with swing gate.

And modifying Pumbaa:

BLD2019-01843 (NAME??) - Pumbaa Parking Lot - Site Development: Install (1) 47 sq ft prefabricated guard booth, (1) light pole, (2) motorized gate arms, (1) card reader, (1) 125 amp panel and 35 ln ft x 12 ft high chain link fence and swing gate

In addition to USCIS and Sybron.

I wonder if the plan is to punch a hole from the Carousel Inn lot through to Sybron/USCIS and have CMs access the resort that way.

NO, the CM's will be using the same Shuttle Buses to keep traffic impact to a minimum.

Old Mouseketeer

Well, well.....Eastern Gate Way?

BLD2019-01842(NAME??) - USCIS Parking Lot - Site Development: Install (5) light poles, (4) EV chargers, (1) 2500 amp switchboard, (2) 200 amp panels and (2) 100 amp panels. Restripe parking lot.
BLD2019-01845(NAME ??) - Sybron Parking Lot - Site Development: Install (51) light poles, (8) EV chargers, (1) motorized gate arm, (2) card readers and 135 ln ft x 7 ft high fence with swing gate.

Sybron is the parking lot north of USCIS. Both properties are north of the Pumbaa lot and owned by Disney. Disney has demolished the Sybron building, but USCIS (US Customs and Immigration Service) has a lease that runs through 2020 and the Government has no incentive to end a lease early because it doesn't care about making money, so Disney can't offer them any incentive.

The defunct master plan for the Eastern Gateway project required using a sliver of the west side of the USCIS property to make the Pumbaa and Sybron properties contiuguous. I'm guessing the first permit reflects the fact of Disney negotiating an agreement with the GSA (US government landlord) to use the strip to unite the two halves of what will become the new Manchester CM Lot. Pumbaa already as a CM entrance with card reader(s) on the north side. They need to construct a CM entrance to the Sybron (north) lot.

EDIT: I see from a later post that there are also permits for the Carousel Motel site. It makes sense that they want to use that real estate for parking.

What is not reflected in these permits are the previously reported improvements including restrooms and offices for the shuttle contractor.

Old Mouseketeer

If Pumba has a cast ID reader in place, it’s never been used.

I may have been misinformed. I've never parked there. But I thought that guest entry was on the south side from Disney Way, and CM entry was on the north side access road from Manchester. I assumed there was a card reader at the North entrance. Looking at the aerial image on Google Maps there doesn't seem to be one. Looking at K-Lot the readers and gates are clearly visible. My bad!

The_Mesh_Hatter

I may have been misinformed. I've never parked there. But I thought that guest entry was on the south side from Disney Way, and CM entry was on the north side access road from Manchester. I assumed there was a card reader at the North entrance. Looking at the aerial image on Google Maps there doesn't seem to be one. Looking at K-Lot the readers and gates are clearly visible. My bad!

Entrance is on Manchester, but you just flash your ID to security. Makes sense that will change when it doubles/triples in size.

It’s a bummer it sounds like there isn’t going to be a pedestrian short cut thru the old Carousel Inn property, per @Darkbeer1

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2019-01899Disney - DCA Chiller Plant - Mechanical for TI to include remove existing piping victaulic seal condensing water system. Install welded flanges at condensing water.
BLD2019-01900Electrical for Disneyland - Briar Patch
BLD2019-01901Electrical for Disney - Princess Shoppe / Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Bldg 7103
BLD2019-01902Electrical for Disney - Fantasy Faire, Fairy Tale Treasure
BLD2019-01905DCA - Golden State Expansion - Area Development 750 - See correspondense for scope of work.
BLD2019-01904Electrical for DCA Lamplight Lounge RR
BLD2019-019061616 S DISNEYLAND DR 532 (DCA Parade Building #532) Electrical for 400 amp sub panel, 8 disconnects, and 1 - 112Kva transformer to support trailers.
SGN2019-00107Disneyland - Redd Rocketts Pizza Port/BLDG #8406 - Install (1) illuminated wall sign and (1) non-illuminated freestanding sculpture for "ALIEN PIZZA PLANET".

britain

BLD2019-01899Disney - DCA Chiller Plant - Mechanical for TI to include remove existing piping victaulic seal condensing water system. Install welded flanges at condensing water.
BLD2019-01900Electrical for Disneyland - Briar Patch
BLD2019-01901Electrical for Disney - Princess Shoppe / Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Bldg 7103
BLD2019-01902Electrical for Disney - Fantasy Faire, Fairy Tale Treasure
BLD2019-01905DCA - Golden State Expansion - Area Development 750 - See correspondense for scope of work.

BLD2019-01904Electrical for DCA Lamplight Lounge RR
BLD2019-019061616 S DISNEYLAND DR 532 (DCA Parade Building #532) Electrical for 400 amp sub panel, 8 disconnects, and 1 - 112Kva transformer to support trailers.

SGN2019-00107Disneyland - Redd Rocketts Pizza Port/BLDG #8406 - Install (1) illuminated wall sign and (1) non-illuminated freestanding sculpture for "ALIEN PIZZA PLANET".

I wonder if that non-illuminated freestanding sculpture is replacing the Moonliner....

Phroobar

I wonder if that non-illuminated freestanding sculpture is replacing the Moonliner....
I hope they are adding this.

latest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom