PERMITS

Darkbeer1

Golden State expansion?

Well, Disney has been working with the city to find the proper balance in Disney's desire to keep certain projects protected for public scrutiny. Disney wants to protect it's competitive edge in regards to innovative projects, and hasn't liked the fact people are learning things from non-Disney sources.

The city does have public record laws, but also has the power to protect ideas. It is a tough balance, and is a work in progress.

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2019-01604DCA - Golden State Expansion - BOH - Adjacent to Commissary Building - Free standing canopy 360 sq.ft cast members outdoor dining area associated with existing commissary building. (total outdoor dinning area 608 sq.ft)
SGN2019-00092Disney - SW - Frontierland - Installation of illuminated show set sign anchored to wall. Reads "TBD warning" (Star wars language)

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2019-01641Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Bldg 10020 - Tenant Improvement: (20) Pre-frabricated show sets orbs anchored to existing canopy structure.

BLD2019-01661DCA - Paradise Pier Enhancements - BLD513 - Inside out Emotional Whirlwind - Tenant Improvment: Installation of (4) show-set poles ranging 5 to 8' height with spining elements anchored to existing slab with one pole sign read "inside out".

Last edited:

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2019-01669DCA - Golden State Expansion / Pkg 4 / 750 - Area Development:
BLD2019-01678Disney - Tomorrowland - Redd Rocketts Pizza Port - Electrical to tenant improvement. REF BLD2019-00808
BLD2019-01679DCA - Pacific Wharf - Golden Vine Winery / 420 - Electrical to support new heaters. REF BLD2019-00594
BLD2019-01680Disneyland Hotel - Fantasy Tower - Electrical to change out receptacles and lights at lobby restroom.

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2019-01758Disney - Frontierland Overall - Site location/Adjacent to Racho Del Zocalo -Light pole: Relocation light pole with new footings. Electrical to portable cart work is adjace
BLD2019-01759 745 W KATELLA AVE 811 DCA - BOH - Building 811 - New Commerical Construction: Two story office building with basement level 28,076 square feet.
SGN2019-00101Install (1) illuminated wall sign for "MARCELINE'S CONFECTIONERY".

SSG

Original Poster
According to Google, right in front of Luigi's.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So they are building a two story office building in front of Luigi's?

No, I assume that 745 W Katella is the corner of DCA where Luigi's and GotG is located, the old parking lot. There is a building number identified along with it, 811. So my assumption is they are replacing the 3 buildings in the back corner with one single 2 story building with basement. This appears to be part of Phase 2 for Marvel, if my assumptions are correct.

Old Mouseketeer

No, I assume that 745 W Katella is the corner of DCA where Luigi's and GotG is located, the old parking lot. There is a building number identified along with it, 811. So my assumption is they are replacing the 3 buildings in the back corner with one single 2 story building with basement. This appears to be part of Phase 2 for Marvel, if my assumptions are correct.

No, they're not replacing the three green buildings that back up to Harbor. This is replacing the trailers currently at the South end of the old parking lot South of Guardians. This new building will back up to Racers. The project has been announced to CMs and it will have offices and conference space.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No, they're not replacing the three green buildings that back up to Harbor. This is replacing the trailers currently at the South end of the old parking lot South of Guardians. This new building will back up to Racers. The project has been announced to CMs and it will have offices and conference space.
Ok, but isn't that what the three green buildings currently are used for? If so doesn't that mean they aren't needed any more thus can be demo'd. If not then I can't see any sort of Phase 2 going back there if they're adding additional CM buildings without removing those green ones, just not enough space.

Which then begs the question, why are they even bothering to worry about the Trolley line and its barn if no Phase 2 is going back there.

Old Mouseketeer

Ok, but isn't that what the three green buildings currently are used for? If so doesn't that mean they aren't needed any more thus can be demo'd. If not then I can't see any sort of Phase 2 going back there if they're adding additional CM buildings without removing those green ones, just not enough space.

Which then begs the question, why are they even bothering to worry about the Trolley line and its barn if no Phase 2 is going back there.

The four buildings circled in RED in the aerial view below, to the best of my knowledge, are not going anywhere. They house functions essential to operating DCA and at least 75% of them have to be on-property and close to related functions in that area.

I have marked the approximate location of the new two-story building in GOLD.

Phase 2 will go in the GREEN area South of Guardians and East of Phase 1 (Flik's Fun Fair) and Cars Land. This is the latest I have heard. Perhaps others have better sources.

Marvel Phase 2.png

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The four buildings circled in RED in the aerial view below, to the best of my knowledge, are not going anywhere. The Northernmost building is the DCA East attraction repair shop. The middle building has two rehearsal halls/studios which also make money for Disney Performing Arts (my nephew's school orchestra has performed there). It has DCA Entertainment offices and costume issue for DCA performing groups and super heroes (fuzzy characters are issued in the big white building behind Guardians). The South building has the Banqueting commissary (kitchen) for the parks. This is the base for catering special events in the two parks. Upstairs are Operations (Attractions) offices.

I have marked the approximate location of the new two-story building in GOLD.

Phase 2 will go in the GREEN area South of Guardians and East of Phase 1 (Flik's Fun Fair) and Cars Land. This is the latest I have heard. Perhaps others have better sources.

View attachment 367310
Still doesn’t seem enough for any coaster let alone show building for said coaster. So unless it’s no longer a coaster I just don’t see Phase 2 in that area without removing the green buildings.

Old Mouseketeer

Still doesn’t seem enough for any coaster let alone show building for said coaster. So unless it’s no longer a coaster I just don’t see Phase 2 in that area without removing the green buildings.

Seriously? By my rough calculation the green area I outlined is twice the size of the Indy show building and roughly equal to RotR. How much size does your unannounced Phase 2 attraction need? I understand that you and others look askance at back of house buildings like these and the two new buildings on the so-called "expansion pad" at the East end of SW:GE. They are easy targets for armchair Imagineers because they stick out, unlike the much larger amount of support space that is incorporated into the back of onstage buildings in both parks.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Seriously? By my rough calculation the green area I outlined is twice the size of the Indy show building and roughly equal to RotR. How much size does your unannounced Phase 2 attraction need? I understand that you and others look askance at back of house buildings like these and the two new buildings on the so-called "expansion pad" at the East end of SW:GE. They are easy targets for armchair Imagineers because they stick out, unlike the much larger amount of support space that is incorporated into the back of onstage buildings in both parks.

With your rough calculations can that space fit the GotG building going into Epcot? Because that was about the size of building expected for the rumored Avengers coaster was going to be that was rumored to go in that area. If you think that size show building plus queue, and a shop or two, can go into that green area you circled then ok. But maybe my spatial reasoning is not on par with yours but its just doesn't look like it'll fit to me. But who knows I guess we'll find out over the next couple years.

Also the one thing I think you are still failing to realize, current Disney has absolutely no qualms about moving more and more BoH offsite. They have proven it again and again over the last 5+ years. So that is why others including myself see BoH buildings as targets for future expansion. I know its hard for you to accept it having such a close tie to the BoH, but its happening. There is no other way to expand DLR, there is no 3rd gate happening, its just the plain truth. So in order to expand Disney will continue to move BoH offsite, and continue to shuffle and stack any remaining onsite BoH buildings a much as possible Single story BoH buildings will eventually all go away.

Last edited:

socalifornian

With your rough calculations can that space fit the GotG building going into Epcot? Because that was about the size of building expected for the rumored Avengers coaster was going to be that was rumored to go in that area. If you think that size show building plus queue, and a shop or two, can go into that green area you circled then ok. But maybe my spatial reasoning is not on par with yours but its just doesn't look like it'll fit to me. But who knows I guess we'll find out over the next couple years.

Also the one thing I think you are still failing to realize, current Disney has absolutely no qualms about moving more and more BoH offsite. They have proven it again and again over the last 5+ years. So that is why others including myself see BoH buildings as targets for future expansion. I know its hard for you to accept it having such a close tie to the BoH, but its happening. There is no other way to expand DLR, there is no 3rd gate happening, its just the plain truth. So in order to expand Disney will continue to move BoH offsite, and continue to shuffle and stack any remaining onsite BoH buildings a much as possible Single story BoH buildings will eventually all go away.
Guardians is just Ellen and the tunnel connecting to the new building right? It’s similar to the rockin’ setup
10752A5B-3721-41D1-BF6E-64E7C78047D8.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom