PERMITS

Phroobar

The trams are always a mess right after the fireworks/World of Color/Paint The Night/Fantasmic! all end. I either try to leave during those shows or stay until half hour after closing.

Ismael Flores

well now with all the new offerings in tropical hideaway a good long walk might be good to help some people loose some pounds. nice healthy option besides sitting in a packed tram

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-05629 Disney - DCA Chiller Plant - Tenant Improvement: New pour in place pad for switch board 2000 amps, remove existing piping victaulic seal condensing water system. Install welded flanges at condensing water.

BLD2018-05670 Disney - Main Street - Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe - Tenant Improvement: New pour in place pad for installation (2) heat exchangers to provide domestic hot water for bakery.

BLD2018-05671 Disney - Main Street / Town Square - Light Pole with footings.

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-05700 Status: Received Map Info: 1515 S HARBOR BLVD 753 request for modification of building standards. This case will be eventually used for future submittal of new construction restaurant. see AJP/RJC

BLD2018-05719 Disney - East Entry Esplanade/Security Check Point - Electrical to support tenant improvement. REF BLD2018-05051

DanielBB8

As I understand it, yes there will be a walkway designed for the second level to connect the two structures and connect directly to the skybridge over Magic Way.

Disney wants as many people to walk instead of using trams, and is trying to make it as easy as possible.
There’s a disconnect. There’s no escalators to get from the upper levels to the second level. This means the pedestrians must return to the first level and then take escalators to the second level. When they return, the process is in reverse. Imagine doing this with strollers.

SSG

Original Poster
First permit of the new year. I wish it was more exciting:

BLD2019-00006 Mechanical to support tenant improvement permit #BLD2018-00667 for Disney / Adventureland / Tropical Hideaway.

SSG

Original Poster
Hmmmm.

BLD2019-00018 Disney - Critter Country / Splash Mountain - Tenant Improvement: Create new door opening to lead to ride, securite gate, guards at selected locations, 100 sq.ft rock work (plaster).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
"Securite" gate? Guards?

Is this for the entrance to Galaxy's Edge?

I would say no, it looks like backstage access from behind Splash to me. Permits for GE are labeled as "SW - DL Frontierland Expansion".

Also as of now there is no separate entrance for SW:GE. You have to go through the main gate like everyone else. ;)

McPhoenix

I was wondering more about if there might be a security gate to get from the rest of the park into Galaxy's Edge (or vice versa - checking for alcohol?)

If not, though, what do you suppose the security gate near Critter Country would be for? Backstage?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I was wondering more about if there might be a security gate to get from the rest of the park into Galaxy's Edge (or vice versa - checking for alcohol?)

If not, though, what do you suppose the security gate near Critter Country would be for? Backstage?

Again I doubt its for GE, its not labeled for it. My guess is backstage security gate behind Splash.

TROR

There's still a road for backstage that runs between Disneyland Dr and the park. Likely just for that.

Darkbeer1

Posting with No inside info. Just my knowledge of how Disney works.

But how about a Disney Hotel Guest gate, early entry into Galaxy Edge...

There is a CM gate currently accessible from the Mickey and Friends Structure South West corner next to the tram path. Have guests use the new Magic Way Bridge from the 3 Hotels to get to the area, and then have a couple of hours a day "guest route" backstage to the border of Critter Country and Galaxy Edge.

Nice perk that could add to the room rates based on demand....

Just a thought.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Posting with No inside info. Just my knowledge of how Disney works.

But how about a Disney Hotel Guest gate, early entry into Galaxy Edge...

There is a CM gate currently accessible from the Mickey and Friends Structure South West corner next to the tram path. Have guests use the new Magic Way Bridge from the 3 Hotels to get to the area, and then have a couple of hours a day "guest route" backstage to the border of Critter Country and Galaxy Edge.

Nice perk that could add to the room rates based on demand....

Just a thought.

Interesting idea. Wonder if they'd actually do something like that, I have doubts in my mind, but who knows....

Darkbeer1

Interesting idea. Wonder if they'd actually do something like that, I have doubts in my mind, but who knows....

Not sure if it can be done logistically, but it matches up with how the execs think... On heck of a Hotel Perk to stay on property. And now with no 4th Hotel, could bring in some new money.

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2019-00126 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Tenant Improvement: Merchandise kiosk fabricated off site bolted on existing foundation.

BLD2019-00124 DCA - Paradise Pier Enhancements - Jessie's Critter Carousel - Tenant Improvement: Installation of ball finial show set on top of existing carousel structure and steel diorama for grapics over 7' high anchored to existing pad.

Old Mouseketeer

Not sure if it can be done logistically, but it matches up with how the execs think... On heck of a Hotel Perk to stay on property. And now with no 4th Hotel, could bring in some new money.

Interesting idea. I think the biggest obstacle would be at the SE corner of M&F. If they take the new Cleo escalator down to the plaza, they would have to cross the new tram path inside M&F. But if they route them through the 2nd floor of Cleo across the new bridge to M&F they would have to descend the stairs with no elevator. Wheelchair parties would have to take either the Cleo or M&F elevator down to the ground and cross the new tram path inside M&F.

Once through Winston Gate, they could be routed South down the sidewalk behind the RotR queue to a presumed gate near the Critter Country entrance to SW:GE.

But even though the sidewalk seems to be fairly tidy from what we can see, there is still a lot of exposed infrastructure opposite Winston Gate. I know these things are visible when the RunDisney events traverse backstage areas, but this is a little different. I'm not sure seeing the empty back side of spires is the best introduction to the new land. I wonder if offering access by monorail to hotel guests and traversing the hub and Frontierland would be better.

Honestly, though, they might just offer early morning access every day, depending on operating hours and the need for nightly maintenance. I know when they have done the 24-hour parties certain big attractions had to close for a minimum number of hours every night.

But I think everyone is right--TDA will be looking at every option.

SuddenStorm

Hmmmm.

BLD2019-00018 Disney - Critter Country / Splash Mountain - Tenant Improvement: Create new door opening to lead to ride, securite gate, guards at selected locations, 100 sq.ft rock work (plaster).
I would say no, it looks like backstage access from behind Splash to me. Permits for GE are labeled as "SW - DL Frontierland Expansion".

Also as of now there is no separate entrance for SW:GE. You have to go through the main gate like everyone else. ;)

Doesn't sound like backstage to me- they wouldn't be installing 100sq feet of rock work for backstage. But I could be wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom