PERMITS

SSG

Original Poster
Basically, for the Bridge to be built, it need a license agreement from another governmental agency in regards to encroachment. (I presume it is either a roadway or electrical zone).

That process requires a building division permit number. So this will allow the issuance of that number.

After the license is issued, and Disney has permission to build, it will then submit the actual building details required for the permit to be approved.

AKA, Government Red Tape, and a way to get past a Catch-22 of needing the license to build, but not sure what will be allowed under the license agreement.

"PROVIDING PWDS WITH A PERMIT NUMBER FOR THE ENCROACHMENT LICENSE AGREEMENT "

At a guess, the Public Works Department?

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-04490 Disney - Main Street Train Station - Candlelight Procession Installation - Temporary Permit: outdoor steel platforms, outdoor wheelchair lift, accessible platform, show light towers and audio towers, (2) generators, movable folding viewing seats and wheelchair spaces with companion seats. (11-25-2018 to 12-7-2018)

BLD2018-04489 DCA - Grizzly Peak - Redwood Creek Challenge Trail - Temporary Santa Stage and (2) ramps (Installation date 11/1/2018 , removal date 1/5/2019).

BLD2018-04500 Disneyland - Critter Country Christmas Seasonal Installation - Temporary Use Permit - Installation of new photo op back drop cabin (Installation on November 1st 2018, remove January 5th, 2019)

BLD2018-04499 DCA - Golden Vine Winery - Holiday Food and Wine Festival 2017 - Temporary installation of (12) food kiosk, (2) truss arches, (2) lighting truss towers. (Install November 1st 2018 / Removal January 5th, 2019)

Last edited:

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-04590 Mechanical to support tenant improvement of cast check - in office - Fantasyland West Facility - Disneyland. REF: BLD2018-03074

BLD2018-04592 Mechanical to support tenant improvement - Space Mountain - Tommorland - Disneyland. REF: BLD2018-03338

BLD2018-04599 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Bldg 10010 - Tenant Improvement:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
BLD2018-04590 Mechanical to support tenant improvement of cast check - in office - Fantasyland West Facility - Disneyland. REF: BLD2018-03074

BLD2018-04592 Mechanical to support tenant improvement - Space Mountain - Tommorland - Disneyland. REF: BLD2018-03338

BLD2018-04599 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Bldg 10010 - Tenant Improvement:

Lots of details to go over, where do I start.... ;)

SSG

Original Poster
Some festooning going on:

BLD2018-04700 Disney - Building 800 - Tiki Festoon Lighting - Install new attachment points for existing festoon lighting to includes (2) steel posts and (6) roof mouned anchors.

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-04751 DCA - Golden State Expansion / Pkg 2 - DCA - Golden State Expansion / Pkg 2 - Non Residential Addtion: Addition to core and shell of 17,604 s.ft to create a pit level, extend first floor and second floor with new mezzanie, catwalk, and roof top equipment rooms for future tenant. Canopy 2,224 sq.ft over queue and maintanance bay entry.

BLD2018-04756 DCA - Golden State Expansion - Miscellaneous: (1) Temporary Construction Trailer.

NobodyElse

Some festooning going on:

BLD2018-04700 Disney - Building 800 - Tiki Festoon Lighting - Install new attachment points for existing festoon lighting to includes (2) steel posts and (6) roof mouned anchors.

Festoon ! The Disney Difference. Six Flags would settle for mere swag.

Phroobar

Festoon ! The Disney Difference. Six Flags would settle for mere swag.
tenor.gif

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-04819 Disney - BOH - Frontierland - (2) Electrical subpanel upgrades from 400 amps to 600 amps located in Winnie The Pooh Basement and adjacent (North) of gate 5.

BLD2018-04833 Electrical to support new equipment - Westside Diner - BOH - Disney. REF: BLD2018-02948

BLD2018-04837 Disney - East Entry Esplanade - Screening Tents - Demolition: 110 sq.ft existing built up kiosk and landscaping.

BLD2018-04836 DTD - Area Development / Concrete Replacement - Miscellaneous: Replacement of the area development slab over existing deck, work being conducted adjacent to building 1580 around UVA Bar only (Verification for paving structural assessment for emergency vehicles)

TP2000

BLD2018-04837 Disney - East Entry Esplanade - Screening Tents - Demolition: 110 sq.ft existing built up kiosk and landscaping.

I would have to guess they are getting rid of this 1999 structure, a "Guest Information" kiosk in the middle of the entrance complex, which is now just a quaint nod to yesteryear and a time long since past when you didn't have to be patted down and go through metal detectors and have your purse rummaged through by a $15 an hour security geek and treated as if you were an Al Queda Sleeper Cell before entering Disneyland.

You want information? We don't do that anymore, just check your iPhone instead and spread 'em lady, or else you ain't getting in!

disney_flags.jpg

Last edited:

Anjin

This was updated: Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Bldg 10010 - Tenant Improvement: Show set Pre-fabricated Cargo Ship anchored to roof of existing facility.
The fact that SWGE is referred to as a Frontierland Expansion makes me so happy. Even more so, the Golden State Expansion from an earlier update, referring to a land that no longer exists!

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-05007 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Miscellaneous: Pre-fabricated show set attraction entry with four main componets bolted to existing foundatation under permit BLD2017-02850

BLD2018-05042 Disney - BOH - Tram Refueling Facility Frontierland - Tenant improvement:

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-05051 Disney - East Entry Esplanade / Security Check Point - Tenant Improvement: 4,800 sq.ft of pre-fabricated open air shade structure with electrical and metal fencing gate.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
BLD2018-05051 Disney - East Entry Esplanade / Security Check Point - Tenant Improvement: 4,800 sq.ft of pre-fabricated open air shade structure with electrical and metal fencing gate.

So I guess Disney has decided to build a more permanent structure for the eastern side for now. I wonder if that will change now that things last night went more favorably for them, EGW could be back on the table by next spring.

britain

So I guess Disney has decided to build a more permanent structure for the eastern side for now. I wonder if that will change now that things last night went more favorably for them, EGW could be back on the table by next spring.

More permanent? It’s still a pre-fab structure. So it might just be a different configuration from what’s there now.

Darkbeer1

I doubt it, too many other issues for the city council to deal with. Maybe a year from now, if we are lucky. Also, Measure L is still in play.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom