PERMITS

JoFu

River Belle to get some work.

Received BLD2017-03100 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 5311 (Riverbelle Terrace) Disney - River Belle Terrace - Tenant Improvement: 2,458 s.ft reconfigure kitchen and dining area, new interior walls with electrical, mechanical and plumbing. (3) Light poles.
Getting rid of the remaining cafeteria style elements and adding more seating?

Phroobar

Space getting some love.

Received BLD2017-03104 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 9113 (Tomorrowland Attractions Office and Breakroom) Disney - Tomorrowland / Space Mountain - FY17 Rehab - Electrical modification to projectors, outlets, themed lighting, new 100 amp panel and transformer 30 kva.
Hesse the reason we have regular Space Mountain now. The projectors are worn out. I don't know why they don't add projections to regular Space Mountain. (lift hill galaxy doesn't count)

SSG

Original Poster
Hmmm; more power for a Halloween overlay?

Issued BLD2017-03105 MORROW MEADOWS CORPORATION 1515 S HARBOR BLVD 313 (Guardian of the Galaxy) Electrical to install (20) receptacles

D

Deleted member 107043

This just references ongoing mechanical work at GotG, but it tickles me that they call it Mission: Break Down.

Issued BLD2017-02895 LIMBACH COMPANY LP 1515 S HARBOR BLVD 313 (TOWER OF TERROR) Mechanical to reference Tenant Improvement #BLD2017-00894 for DCA - Hollywood Land - PKG 1 - Guardians of The Galaxy Mission: Break Down/ B313 -

I think MiceChat mentioned in a recent article that the ride system has been performing poorly since the update. I guess it's true.

SSG

Original Poster
CM recognition?

Received BLD2017-03216 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1515 S HARBOR BLVD 307 (Drive-In Cafe) DCA - Service Award - Temporary Permit - Miscellaneous: (12) Light truss towers on ballast, (1) stages for "Service Award" located in two different areas in the park 'Ramones' and 'Guardians Galaxy' (Installation Event date September 11th, 2017, Removal September 14th, 2017)

Old Mouseketeer

CM recognition?

Received BLD2017-03216 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1515 S HARBOR BLVD 307 (Drive-In Cafe) DCA - Service Award - Temporary Permit - Miscellaneous: (12) Light truss towers on ballast, (1) stages for "Service Award" located in two different areas in the park 'Ramones' and 'Guardians Galaxy' (Installation Event date September 11th, 2017, Removal September 14th, 2017)

I suspect that's the awards mixer for CMs with 10+ year milestones.

SSG

Original Poster
More safety measures at Splash

Received BLD2017-03379 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 4301 (Splash Mountian) Disney - Critter Country/Splash Mountain - Tenant Improvement: 860 s.ft to create cross over platform and stairs with guardrails for fall protection/path of travel to access roof top mechanical equipment. Located on the third floor.

SSG

Original Poster
Permit to demo Build a Bear et al.

Received BLD2017-03461 MARK BOOKSPAN 1580 S DISNEYLAND DR 103,104 Demolition: 2,683 sq. ft. interior demolition for suites 103 and 104.Exterior facade columns and storefront being demolished.

SSG

Original Poster
Replacement motors for Soarin'. The refurb calendar has it down Sept. 5-21.

Issued BLD2017-03473 MORROW MEADOWS CORPORATION 1465-1515 S HARBOR BLVD (DLAND GATE 8) Electrical for (6) motors (Soarin Over the World)

VJ

Hmmm; more power for a Halloween overlay?

Issued BLD2017-03105 MORROW MEADOWS CORPORATION 1515 S HARBOR BLVD 313 (Guardian of the Galaxy) Electrical to install (20) receptacles

'future temporary power'? Halloween overlay, perhaps?

Issued BLD2017-03142 MORROW MEADOWS CORPORATION 745 W KATELLA AVE 804 (Cozy Cone Motel) Electrical to replace disconnect switch for future temporary power - DCA - Cars Cone Motel - Cozy Cone Motel

I think the rumor (or maybe it was confirmed? I can never tell anymore) is that both Cars Land and GOTG will receive Halloween overlays this year.

SSG

Original Poster
Maybe they mean "Ironic'

Received BLD2017-03534 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1313 S HARBOR BLVD Disneyland - SW - Frontierland Expansion - Iconic Prop for Bldg #10030/Attraction #2 - Miscellaneous:

This is linked to a 2016 permit, which said:
Disneyland - SW - Frontierland Expansion - Bldg #10030/Attraction #2 - New Commercial Construction: 115,206 s.ft two story Amusement Building includes office, break room, restroom for (cast members only) and 4,412 sq.ft trench level vaults for maintenance, 878 s.ft roof equipment level. Decorative Rock work. (8) cranes.

truecoat

This is linked to a 2016 permit, which said:
Disneyland - SW - Frontierland Expansion - Bldg #10030/Attraction #2 - New Commercial Construction: 115,206 s.ft two story Amusement Building includes office, break room, restroom for (cast members only) and 4,412 sq.ft trench level vaults for maintenance, 878 s.ft roof equipment level. Decorative Rock work. (8) cranes.

So, what is this?

Old Mouseketeer

So, what is this?

I suspect it's the completed two story building on the NE corner of the "expansion" area of SWGE. Both this building and the previously completed one story building are filled with construction offices vacated from the temporary trailers that were at the eastern end of SWGE.

The alternative is that it's the add-on at the eastern end of the Falcon building. The trench level vaults imply it could be vehicle maintenance for Falcon.

SSG

Original Poster
Sounds like the demo of Build a Bear is moving ahead:

Received BLD2017-03836 WALT DISNEY WORLD CO 1540 S DISNEYLAND DR DTD - Building D - Non Residential Addition: 322 s.ft removal of existing elevator and stairs to expand floor area. New demising wall. Demo ground ceiling floor with electrical

Received BLD2017-03839 STEVE FLENTJE 1540 S DISNEYLAND DR DTD - Building D - Tenant Improvement: Replace existing hatch and safety gate, new guardrail at roof parapet, new warning line at roof top, create new opening in each existing tower. relocate (6) tranformers serving existing lights, all work for fall protection.

SSG

Original Poster
I won't list them all but multiple permits were issued for work on Antenna Cell Sites all over the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom