PERMITS

Phroobar

A B-list princess meet and greet? This is were we meet Princess Eilonwy, Princess Elena, Princess Giselle, Princess Kida, Princess Sofia, Princess Kairi, Princess Vanellope von Schweetz and finally Princess Leia!!!

SSG

Original Poster
A crane? Is SWL work going to happen here as well?

Permit Number: BLD2016-04423 Status: Received Map Info: 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 5402 (Rancho Del Zocalo)
Name: WALT DISNEY WORLD CO
Address: 1313 S HARBOR 5402
Received Date: 09/13/2016
Parcel: 08219019
Plan Check Date:
Issue Date:
Expiration Date:
Finaled Date:
Description: Disney - Frontierland - Rancho Del Zocalo - Tenant Improvement: Installation of a wall mounted crane on Rancho Del Zorro existing roof parapet.

mikenatcity1

Permit Number: BLD2016-04423 Status: Received Map Info: 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 5402 (Rancho Del Zocalo)
Plan Check Date:
Issue Date:
Expiration Date:
Finaled Date:
Description: Disney - Frontierland - Rancho Del Zocalo - Tenant Improvement: Installation of a wall mounted crane on Rancho Del Zorro existing roof parapet.

What is Rancho Del Zorro? I know the restaurant Del Zocolo, but not Zorro...and what is a crane doing there I wonder...

dweezil78

Plan Check Date:
Issue Date:
Expiration Date:
Finaled Date:

It's just a wall mounted crane... Probably to help with loading supplies or something I'd imagine? One of these guys....

11.png

dweezil78

Do you think it's close enough for a wall mount crane to be effective? I know Zocalo is next to BT but I seem to recall several feet of separation.

The back of Zocalo is adjacent to the BTM train service station, so that would make sense...

NobodyElse

Do you think it's close enough for a wall mount crane to be effective? I know Zocalo is next to BT but I seem to recall several feet of separation.

Like I said, just a guess. The wall crane/winch setup pictured above extends out several feet (and that's just an example). I suppose we'll see (or likely most of us won't see, as it'll be backstage).

SSG

Original Poster
Two new ones:

Permit Number: BLD2016-04649 Status: Received Map Info: 1313 S HARBOR BLVD
Name:
WALT DISNEY WORLD CO

Address:1313 S HARBOR 5810

Received Date: 09/27/2016

Parcel:08219019

Description: Disney - Tom Sawyer Island - Rivers Of America/Frontierland - Accessory Building: 310 sq.ft cabin/shed for show set purpose (U occupancy)

Permit Number: BLD2016-04652 Status: Received Map Info: 1313 S HARBOR BLVD

Address: 1313 S HARBOR

Received Date: 09/27/2016

Parcel:08219019

Description: Disney - Frontierland - Tom Sawyer Island - Fort Wilderness Cast Buildings - Tenant Improvement: 280 sq.ft demo non bearing wall, wall mounted air conditining unit, electrical work.

D

Deleted member 107043

Why does it list itself as Walt Disney World Company on the permits instead of Disney Parks & Resorts or Disneyland?

Old Mouseketeer

The 2nd floor of Innoventions is being re-done.

Permit Number: BLD2016-04354 Status: Received Map Info: 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 8600 (Innoventions)
Address: 1313 S HARBOR 8600
Received Date: 09/08/2016
Plan Check Date:
Issue Date:
Expiration Date:
Finaled Date:
Description: Disney - Torrowland - TEC, Second Flr - Tenant Improvment:1,406 sq.ft to demo non-bearing walls, electrical, existing accessible restroom demo plumbing and door.

This is very interesting. I have a few thoughts:
  1. Usually, Disney only demolishes something when they have budget to build something else (and remember, the new fiscal year starts Oct. 1). This suggests that there is definitely something going in upstairs.
  2. That restroom was CM-only and was the only one on the second floor. I can't imagine them demolishing it and not replacing it. The only other CM restrooms are on the ground floor in the former VIP suite for CoP/Innoventions which is now being used as the dressing area for the LB characters and breakroom for photopass and character hosts. It's not available to attraction hosts. The new break room on the second floor behind the Marvel merch location has no plumbing (it was the space for the Asimo stage).
  3. I can't get a handle on what 1406 sq. ft. represents on that floor. My rebel spies tell me that Thor's throne room set is still there (there was a recent Tomorrowland cast party there and some CMs snuck into the throne room to snap pictures). The restroom is next to the big rear-projection globe. Next, going clockwise, is the merch location, followed by the Captain America/Spidey meet and greet, Ironman, and then the Throne Room. Then there's the open video game space, which brings you back to the wall in front of the restroom and emergency exit.

The only majorly new thing built last year for SuperHero HQ was the new break room and merch location. The Captain America set was modified by cutting a giant circular hole where the star backdrop was and constructing a curved wall behind it. Spidey's backdrop was a curtain that hung between the two.

If it actually was a DVC lounge, there would have to be guest restrooms. I don't think it's costume storage for Jedi and Launch Bay because that's been relocated to the Pizza Port basement (the old computer room) and they just spent money to install a non-passenger utility lift there.

Of course, the logical thought is that there will eventually be more LB attraction, including a preview of Star Wars Land up there, and possibly more meet and greet/photo ops, and, of course, merchandise. My guess has always been that they would unveil the model at D23 next summer before moving it to Launch Bay. I think this might be a comparable timeline to Avatarland.

Given that Marvel has been moved to DCA, I could see them dismantling the Throne Room (I can't believe they would simply demolish that beautiful set) and demolishing just about everything else except the new break room.

I can't imagine what else it could be. Thus far, my rebel spies have been unable to learn anything about this, although no Bothans were killed. So far.

SSG

Original Poster
Permit Number: BLD2016-04709 Status: Received Map Info: 1313 S HARBOR BLVD 5811 (Cider Mill)
Name:
WALT DISNEY WORLD CO
Address: 1313 S HARBOR 5811
Received Date: 10/01/2016
Plan Check Date:
Issue Date:
Expiration Date:
Finaled Date:
Description: Disney - Frontierland - Tom Sawyer's Island "Pirate's Liar" Fantasmic Malelificent Lift - Tenant Improvement: Remove/Replace show hydraulic stage door lift, and hydralic Malelificent show lift on existing slab.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom