Permits Filed for Demolition of Adventureland Sign at Disneyland Park (Will be Rebuilt)

jmuboy

I hope the arch is rebuilt to look like the original

It still had the thatch pagoda roof on the right out the arch and supporting columns spanned the entire walkway

So it helps open up space and resolve the project stardust mission

Sharon&Susan

A few posters on Ratchat are comparing the removal of the pinch point to removing Sleeping Beauty Castle or the dedication plaque in Town Square. Disneyland for it's first 35+ years was nothing until WDI added the absolutely genius Adventureland pinch point.

SuddenStorm

A few posters on Ratchat are comparing the removal of the pinch point to removing Sleeping Beauty Castle or the dedication plaque in Town Square. Disneyland for it's first 35+ years was nothing until WDI added the absolutely genius Adventureland pinch point.
View attachment 364405
View attachment 364404
View attachment 364406

Yep, the only way this specific project will go south is if the appearance of the actual sign changes. But if all they're doing is redoing the support structure to get rid of a random pylon in the middle of a walkway, I really don't see a way to rationally complain about this.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Yep, the only way this specific project will go south is if the appearance of the actual sign changes. But if all they're doing is redoing the support structure to get rid of a random pylon in the middle of a walkway, I really don't see a way to rationally complain about this.

Agreed. People that advocate pinch points (for nostalgic reasons) with their left hand, but complain about overcrowding with their right hand don't have a basis for rationality in complaining.

jmuboy

The newly unveiled passage between AL and FL has removed the old rivers of America signage, the frontier wooden gate and all the trees. It looks awful

Hope AL entrance survives better

britain

The newly unveiled passage between AL and FL has removed the old rivers of America signage, the frontier wooden gate and all the trees. It looks awful

Hope AL entrance survives better

I actually thought it looked pretty good. For photos see the rat chat.

Nland316

View attachment 364405
View attachment 364404
View attachment 364406
I’ve always thought our current Adventureland entry was far less superior to the prior entrance with the barker bird. There used to be a hut structure on the Tiki Room side like there is on the right. It framed the entry sign very nicely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom