• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Permits 2019

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A few notes about the purpose of this thread...

Despite the name, this thread actually lists Notices of Commencement (NOCs) for construction projects around the WDW property. A NOC is a document that must be filed before work on a specific project can begin and is usually filed shortly before work starts. It's main purpose is to assure that contractors get paid on time once the work is complete. NOCs will sometimes have an explicit expiration date, but most of the time a date is not specified in which case they expire one year from the filing date.

The documents generally don't contain much information. They will list the location where the work is being done, for example the name of a ride or store. They also show a description of the work being done which is normally very vague, for example "Electrical" or "Construction". Some of the NOCs I post will just say "BVCC". This stands for Buena Vista Construction Company which is Disney's internal construction company. The work description on BVCC permits is almost always the very vague "Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction".

Unlike previous years, I have stopped posting every permit since most do not contain any useful information. When I do find interesting permits I will post them here and will usually post them in the applicable thread.

Previous Years

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Advertisement
The post will contain permits from the South Florida Water Management District. These are filed whenever a project will effect storm water control in some way, for example creating new hard surfaces like building or roads where there were not hard surfaces before. These permits are not as common but are normally for larger project and contain much more detail them the NOCs.

190211-8 - Magic Kingdom Bus Building And Shade Structure - Plans 1, Plans 2
190211-19 - Flamingo Crossings L L C - Plans 1, Plans 2, Plans 3
190211-15 - Flamingo Crossings Phase 1 Parcel H5 - Plans
190114-8 - Project 89 Ad Phase 1 (Reflections resort) - Plans, Eng Report

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
1/3/2019 - Disney Hollywood Studio - Vision Three Sixty Llc
555 Stage Lane #B - General Construction

1/14/2019 - Disney Hollywood Studio - Icarus Exhibits Inc
394 Cypress Dr - Project D - Fabricate and install AD props

1/14/2019 - Disney Springs - Interamerica Stage
1496 E Buena Vista Dr (NBA Experience) - Project DS WS - Installation of Truss and Equipment

1/16/2019 - Epcot - Interamerica Stage
Project S - Installation of light sources - 1350 Avenue of the Stars (Guardians)

1/17/2019 - Saratoga Springs Resort - Beatty Balfour
1948 Broadway, Buidling G - Model Rooms

1/30/2019 - Disney Hollywood Studio - Pcl Construction Services Inc
980C1 Osceola Pkwy (Star Wars Hotel) - Site Trailer Package (#2)

1/31/2019 - Epcot - Cockram Scenario Inc
1830C Avenue of the Star (Rat) - Installation of show set

1/31/2019 - Magic Kingdom - Coastal Steel Inc
4970 N World Dr (Tron) - Install Ride Steel

2/1/2019 - Disney Hollywood Studio - Icarus Exhibits Inc
375 Cypress Dr (Galaxy's Edger) - Project D - Fabricate and install AD props

2/1/2019 - Reflections Resort - Balfour Beatty Construction
4500 Big Pine Road - New Building, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection, Civil and Area Development

2/1/2019 - Reflections Resort - Balfour Beatty Construction
623 West Wildreness Way - Area Development of site

2/6/2019 - Disney Hollywood Studio - Candela Controls Inc
555 Stage Lane (MMRR) - Show Lighting Control Elements and cabiling for Project M installation. Fixtures Control wiring and coduit

2/6/2019 - Disney Hollywood Studio - Hubbard Construction Company
950 N Studio Dr - DHS Parking Lot - Install permanent fence and barrier sperating the parking lot from Cypress Rd

2/7/2019 - Disney Hollywood Studio - Sign Producers Inc
950 N Studio Dr - Fabricate DHS Parking Lot Graphics Indicators

2/8/2019 - Disney Springs - Lake Land Llc
B32 Coca Cola, 1512 E Buena Vista Dr - Removal of liquig nitrogen tank and associated controls

2/19/2019 - Downtown Disney - Mitsubishi Electric Power Products Inc
NBA Experience - Design and install screens

2/21/2019 - Disney Hollywood Studio - Pcl Construction Services Inc
700 Theater of the Stars Dr (Tower of Terror) - General Construction

103 Cypress Dr - General Construction

105 Cypress Dr - General Construction

2/21/2019 - Epcot - Brightview Landscape Development
1986 Avenue of the Stars - Provide labor and material for slab construction

2/21/2019 - Grand Floridian - H o a r Construction
4401 Floridian Way (Grand Floridian) - General Construction

2/28/2019 - Disney Hollywood Studio - Scenario Cockram
384 Cypress Dr (Galexy's Edge) - Attachment of wall panel elements (33) anchored to existing facility

2/28/2019 - Disney Springs - Mitsubishi Electric Power Products Inc
1486 E Buena Vista Dr (NBA Experience) - Project DS WS - Video Board

3/4/2019 - Epcot - Whiting Turner Constracting Co
1400 Avenue of the Stars #A - Project G: 200D-1 Enabling Works at North Pathways including sitework, demo, hardscape, landscaping

3/5/2019 - Animal Kingdom - Buena Vista Construction Company
Harambe Train, 805 W Savannah Cir - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction

3/5/2019 - Epcot - Murphy Lighting Systems
1830 Avenue of the Stars (Rat) - Show Lighting Controls - Low voltage terminatio and temporary ligthing install

3/12/2019 - - Balfour Beatty
2900 Titan Row,l Bldg #12 - Installation and removal of temporary structures

3/13/2019 - Disney Springs - Hawkeye Construction Of South Florida
1486 East Buena Vists Dr - Construction of new Resturant

3/14/2019 - Beach Club - Barton Malow Company
1900 Epcot Resorts Blvd - Install Jersey barriers, fence and swing gates

3/14/2019 - Epcot - Spitz Inc
1350 Avenue of the Stars (Guardians of the Galaxy) - Fabrication and installation of Show Screens

3/15/2019 - Disney Hollywood Studio - Pcl Construction Services Inc
211 S Studio Dr - (Admin Building) Foundations, slabs, and pre-engineered metal building

Last edited:

TraderSam

A few notes about the purpose of this thread...

Despite the name, this thread actually lists Notices of Commencement (NOCs) for construction projects around the WDW property. A NOC is a document that must be filed before work on a specific project can begin and is usually filed shortly before work starts. It's main purpose is to assure that contractors get paid on time once the work is complete. NOCs will sometimes have an explicit expiration date, but most of the time a date is not specified in which case they expire one year from the filing date.

The documents generally don't contain much information. They will list the location where the work is being done, for example the name of a ride or store. They also show a description of the work being done which is normally very vague, for example "Electrical" or "Construction". Some of the NOCs I post will just say "BVCC". This stands for Buena Vista Construction Company which is Disney's internal construction company. The work description on BVCC permits is almost always the very vague "Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction".

Unlike previous years, I have stopped posting every permit since most do not contain any useful information. When I do find interesting permits I will post them here and will usually post them in the applicable thread.

Previous Years
Can’t tell you how much I love these threads. Thank you!!!

ntn_haqqer

Not too sure where to put this question, but if it needs to be moved to a different threat, please relocate it. :)

I was heading west on I-4 heading towards Tampa on Sunday (3/3/19) and noticed what looked like a new hotel going up to the west of Disney Springs. Does anyone have any clue to what hotel this is? Disney owned? Marriott owned (saw something called "The Cove") on a few searches that came up before I thought I would ask here. Would appreciate the info! Thank you!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Not too sure where to put this question, but if it needs to be moved to a different threat, please relocate it. :)

I was heading west on I-4 heading towards Tampa on Sunday (3/3/19) and noticed what looked like a new hotel going up to the west of Disney Springs. Does anyone have any clue to what hotel this is? Disney owned? Marriott owned (saw something called "The Cove") on a few searches that came up before I thought I would ask here. Would appreciate the info! Thank you!
You are probably seeing the JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek expansion. The Cove is the new hotel associated with the Swan and Dolphin, but that one hasn't gone vertical yet.

Top Bottom