Permit filed for "Epcot Entrance Work"

Mr.EPCOT

I'm pretty sure East Gate is the cast facility at the east end of the turnstiles, there's a little break room there and some other stuff.

"Entrance" could also mean the removal of the old kennel.

I'm probably remembering wrong, but hadn't you alluded to the kennel being repurposed a while back?

Tom

Beta Return
I'm pretty sure East Gate is the cast facility at the east end of the turnstiles, there's a little break room there and some other stuff.

That would make sense. The previous permits were for carpentry and other work - which wouldn't have taken place in a kennel that was going to close as soon as the new Pet Resort opened.

Alektronic

Some investigative work has resulted in the following...

* The address on the permit is 1320 Avenue of the Stars. Bing puts this near Energy (on the east side of the main entrance).

* Using SeaCastle's database-o-addresses, I did a reverse lookup. 1320 AotS corresponds to EPCOT EAST GATE FACILITY.

* A search in the list of permits from the last year resulted in three permits. One from November 2009, one from June 2010, and one from August 2010. All filed by BVCC, so no drawings or descriptions.

While this doesn't really tell us much, it does bring up a question. Does anyone know what they mean when they refer to the "East Gate Facility"? They reference it often. Is the main entrance divided up into "East" and "West" gates? Or is there a CM entrance off to the east of the guest entrance, somewhere closer to Energy?

East Gate is where the Stroller Shop is at and all the way to the Entrance restrooms and the Kennel.

officeboy

It was mentioned to me there were plans afoot to change the area north of the turnstiles and south of main car parking to better facilitate entering the park from a guest flow and security standpoint. I have no faith in the source, but it was noise that came out of his mouth...

Anybody got a 'chuck of salt' smiley?

RAXIP

DSCN4738.JPG

DSCN4739.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom