Permit filed for "Epcot Entrance Work"

HMF

Original Poster
A permit has apparently been filed for Epcot Entrance work. Sadly I don't have the source document and am hearing it second hand but still' Is anyone thinking what I am thinking?

SeaCastle

The permit did not indicate what was being worked on besides "Epcot Entrance". Being filed by the Buena Vista Construction Company, Disney's private construction force, they characteristically did not say exactly what they were doing, either. I'm not holding my breath for having the stones removed,, but at this point, with the vague nature of the permit, anythng can be assumed.

mickey2008.1

While im fine with LAL stones, and my father is on one, who has since passed, I am fine with them being moved to another location. Just dont get rid of them completely. Its the only time that I actually visit him, as i hate to go to cemetarys. Dont flame me, but this is true for many who have pictures there, its a happy memory. I would like to see EPCOT opened up in front, just move the stones, or metal plaques, around the park.

Rob562

thanks for the reality check Raven :cry:
where is this located?

On the opposite end of the entrance plaza from the bus stations.
Its location almost mirrors the old Group Sales & restroom buidling you pass between the buses and the ticket booths.

-Rob

Flip83

Permit for the Entrance is pretty vague, isn't it? I mean this work permit could be for the smallest thing, like changing a lamp post by the entrance.

I sure hope they don't get rid of LaL, I think its very cool that I'm on it with ny brother. If they would ever want to relocate, I'm fine with that, but not totally trash it.

JimboJones123

While im fine with LAL stones, and my father is on one, who has since passed, I am fine with them being moved to another location. Just dont get rid of them completely. Its the only time that I actually visit him, as i hate to go to cemetarys. Dont flame me, but this is true for many who have pictures there, its a happy memory. I would like to see EPCOT opened up in front, just move the stones, or metal plaques, around the park.

The pictures can stay-- in fact they could be a very tasteful display on their own.

But the real estate at the park front is too important.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The pictures can stay-- in fact they could be a very tasteful display on their own.

Yes, the pictures could be, if they weren't fading into oblivion...many of the tiles are in very bad shape now and are difficult to see anything in them. I never liked the idea of LaL to begin with because it just seemed like a desperate money grab

The rocks would be rediculously hard to remove; I don't think there's any reason to remove them from Disney's standpoint. Plus, people paid money to have their pictures their, people would probably be mad at Disney for taking them down.

Skipper03

The rocks would be rediculously hard to remove; I don't think there's any reason to remove them from Disney's standpoint. Plus, people paid money to have their pictures their, people would probably be mad at Disney for taking them down.

Construction wise I think Disney can pull anything off, that isn't really a factor. And how many people would be mad for having their picture moved in comparison to the hundreds of thousands of guests visiting the park? Not many...

I'm just saying, if they do move the stones it's probably not that big of a deal to Disney. Agreed that they should be placed somewhere rather than total demolition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom