Permanent week option

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Hey guys, I am asking this for a coworker who is investigating purchasing a membership. Do some of the resorts allow you to purchase a specific week? I have never heard of this but I purchased many years ago and admit I haven't kept up with all the new offerings.

TIA

JaxFLBear

Hey guys, I am asking this for a coworker who is investigating purchasing a membership. Do some of the resorts allow you to purchase a specific week? I have never heard of this but I purchased many years ago and admit I haven't kept up with all the new offerings.

TIA
Starting with Aulani, DVC has offered a Guaranteed Week option at new DVC resorts. They don't really advertise the option, but it's available. They use the 52 week calendar with Sunday check-in dates.

Starting with Copper Creek, DVC also added an Guaranteed Week option for runDisney fans.

https://dvcinfo.com/dvc-information/buying-dvc/purchasing-a-guaranteed-week/

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
They have guaranteed week offerings. If you choose you do not want to use that week at your home resort, you can then use the points at a different resort or a different time. The guaranteed week is only for the home resort you purchase at. If the point cost for that week goes up in the future, you are exempt from it. If it goes down, I do not know if you have a few point surplus in your account at that point. That is a question for DVC. Guaranteed week is only secured via resale of a guaranteed week or a new point contract sale direct from Disney. They do not commonly pop up on resale, however.

Because you are buying the convenience of guaranteed, typically it is in a higher demand time of year, you pay an additional premium on top of what ever the point cost for the seven nights is. That being said, all points for the guaranteed week are on one contract and cannot be broken up in to smaller contracts.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member

correcaminos

Also something to keep in mind with fixed weeks is that they can only sell so many of them. So they do (and have at CCV from what I have seen some report) sell out. If you have one in mind, with a resort that offers it, you'll have to make sure it is free to purchase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom