Per Jim Hill, the Star Wars restaurant is coming.

ToTBellHop

The TS is part of Phase 1. It was just delayed so they could open sooner.
No. It was delayed because they thought the crowds would be too cray-cray to allow for a TSR. There is no reason to believe they will make a decision to pull the trigger on this until the existing land is complete and open. But I would bet it will come relatively soon. Again, similar to the TSL sit-down.

WDW Pro

No. It was delayed because they thought the crowds would be too cray-cray to allow for a TSR. There is no reason to believe they will make a decision to pull the trigger on this until the existing land is complete and open. But I would bet it will come relatively soon. Again, similar to the TSL sit-down.

This.

Although I will say they're most likely going to have to get their financial situation stabilized at DLR before they move forward with the next steps.

ToTBellHop

This.

Although I will say they're most likely going to have to get their financial situation stabilized at DLR before they move forward with the next steps.
I truly believe everything will be fine once they actually deliver the full SWL product. I think they're being a little ridiculous in TDA right now. They clearly thought we were all foolish enough to plan trips on the spot to visit half a land. Perhaps we are 5% smarter than they think we are. I do think Southern Californians are a little more discerning than the average FL visitor, so I expect higher crowds at DHS than at DL (and more complaints from the "this is MY vacation" crowd). But they've been advertising as though SWL was already open at DHS for like 2 years. The commercials and billboards are just silly.

bcoachable

Disneyland draws a very discerning guest- they will check it out when the land is finished, and the crowds have died down.
Wdw is more of a “family” vacation spot-
If you open Galxies Edge just as school is starting, your not going to be able to pull those families...
Crowds will come, they just wont come in droves until there is a break like Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring break and summer...
Leadership may have been a bit over estimating the “gotta go right now” crowd. I would “gotta go right now” but, my goodness, when I price out a trip, it’s getting a bit out of reach for me...
But, I will go, eventually!

NormC

Yes, that too. It is still part of phase 1.

rle4lunch

Disneyland draws a very discerning guest- they will check it out when the land is finished, and the crowds have died down.
If you open Galxies Edge just as school is starting, your not going to be able to pull those families...
Crowds will come, they just wont come in droves until there is a break like Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring break and summer...
Leadership may have been a bit over estimating the “gotta go right now” crowd. I would “gotta go right now” but, my goodness, when I price out a trip, it’s getting a bit out of reach for me...

Shutting out the local AP holders is another reason. We're moving back to SD in September and going house hunting in August. Planning a quick 1.5 day stop there staying at PP so we can get in early and get into the vitrual queue for GE as quick as possible. If we don't get it, we're not worried. And I think the locals are thinking the same thing. They'll see it eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikejs78

Premium Member
People are far more willing to take kids out of school these days. That's why October and January are now busy season. Late Aug/Sept are the very beginning of the school year, and I do think parents are more reluctant to take kids out at the beginning of the year.

SirWillow

Disneyland being slow is a perfect storm of several things- almost all of which will be rectified in the next month:

Their tier pricing on the tickets, making summer tickets very expensive compared to other times of the year. Summer has been the "off season" and slower than other parts of the year for the last couple of years now. This is just continuing and building on that theme.

Blocking out all of the AP's, so the people most likely to visit the park aren't allowed in. Just wait until those blocks come down.

And their advertising has loudly and widely proclaimed, "you aren't getting in without a reservation." Who wants to go to an overcrowded, packed park, pay super expensive prices, and then not even be able to get in? But that's the expectation that Disney has set, so people are going to wait.

Watch the crowds come up in September, and especially on the weekends. As word gets out that the parks have been empty they're already starting to come up.

bcoachable

People are far more willing to take kids out of school these days. That's why October and January are now busy season. Late Aug/Sept are the very beginning of the school year, and I do think parents are more reluctant to take kids out at the beginning of the year.
I do not disagree-
I have to wonder if the price increases are beginning to come into play. As a family plans a trip, one might say that having to take kids out of school is a negative, and it is very expensive too, another negative- too many negatives to plan it now, let’s just wait...

SirWillow

I do not disagree-
I have to wonder if the price increases are beginning to come into play. As a family plans a trip, one might say that having to take kids out of school is a negative, and it is very expensive too, another negative- too many negatives to plan it now, let’s just wait...

When we lived in SoCal the only way we'd go to Disneyland at the time was to pull the kids out of school. And my wife and I were both teachers to boot, so it meant vacation and "sick" days. That was back in 2001-2004, so obviously some things have changed, but many of those living within a couple of hours of Disneyland understand pulling the kids for a Disney trip. And any teacher worth their salt will have some sort of creative ways for the kids to "learn" while they are there and so some assignments for it.

RobbinsDad

Excellent.

matt9112

The main attraction missing, the AP blackouts, and the hype for the crowds all have to do with the current crowds being down. It has nothing to do with the mishandling of the Star Wars brand as some have made it out to be.

yeah the movies did a good job at that already. sorry lowest fruit.

matt9112

And another thing...Disney doesn’t bribe the bloggers. They are given free trips to report on a land they can say whatever they want to say. The feedback has been great on the land.

your wrong if they say bad things it will be the last free trip. just like product reviewers. this is why the best in a segment are usally powerful enough to tell what they deal with to pound sand. (linus media group would be a good example in the tech sector) in this example linus regularly trashes mac as well as both intel and nvidia without reserve if they deserve it because he is so big they cant not work with him. parks are different though since they are physical places that disney has the keys to. if disney says no i cant go to the review thats it. if intel says no 9900k for you linus will habe one anyway.

Last edited:

zombiebbq

You guys all do realize a ton of talent makes money from their audience not from freebies right. Influence requires an audience period and if a person chooses to be positive or negative depends on the content their fans want not because omg free stuff. Because the free stuff doesn't pay the bills. If your audience is into you because your negative and you change because of free stuff then you'll lose your audience..

You're absolutely right. The point here though is that Disney has no interest in inviting Influencers with that kind of angle for a sneak peak. I work for a company on par with the size of Disney who engages with Influencers and let me tell you - they aren't going to put one "on the payroll" so to speak (however that may look) for a negative ROI.

matt9112

You're absolutely right. The point here though is that Disney has no interest in inviting Influencers with that kind of angle for a sneak peak. I work for a company on par with the size of Disney who engages with Influencers and let me tell you - they aren't going to put one "on the payroll" so to speak (however that may look) for a negative ROI.

so than publicly say that....but these companies keep totting the they can say what they want or these are there own opinions. its legitimately not fair to consumers wanted an unbiased opinion.

tl77

As others have said, that's part of RotR. The restaurant space is on the right side of the map, next to where the cantina is. There is empty allocated space in the exact same spot in both DL and DHS for the table service.

And, yes, the area where the train tracks are is a large berm in DHS and is indeed where an expansion plot is for that park. If they do expansion in DL, it would need to be in a different direction.
Ok, so is there any type of "themed restaurant entrance" in that area? So that they could build the restaurant out of sight of the guests and just open it when it's finished? Something like the archway in the Germany pavilion at Epcot, that would have been the entrance for the Rhine River ride? just curious

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom