News People mover now reopened!

Goofyernmost

They are running RnRC, Slinky, Test Track and FoP with no dividers/spacing + full vehicles. It's unsafe but it is what it is.
In all the years that I travel to WDW, I have never seen them put more then one family per Peoplemover car. Even when traveling alone, every time I rode it I had the whole thing to myself.

TrojanUSC

In all the years that I travel to WDW, I have never seen them put more then one family per Peoplemover car. Even when traveling alone, every time I rode it I had the whole thing to myself.

Per "row" (aka the two benches facing each other) or per vehicle? If you are right up against another family in the same vehicle but in a different row, there's very limited social distancing.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I've been in TTA with me and my friend sharing a car with some random duo.
You mean, in this space?
b0fa4f5a40f424020e732e85983e604b.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

If anything comes from this long refurb I "really" hope they at least have something to look at whilst in the tunnels..Projection mapping,anything heck a new narration is due now..

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Even before covid... It would take forever to get things fixed. Example. I was a supervisor on one of the attractions. Something was broken in my area so I had to submit an order to get it fixed. It has to go through a totem pole of people to get it approved. Once they did, turns out the manufacturer they used no longer existed. They had to shop around for someone new. Finally a little over 6 months later it was replaced. Sadly it took only about two weeks before another guest(s) broke it again.
But yes. Even the simplest things can take forever.
And that’s just so sad. It shouldn’t take so long.

drizgirl

You do realize they can just load every other car..like they do on the other omnimovers. Figuring out how to social distance the ride isn’t what’s delaying it.
Has that thing even run without orange cones in every other car for the last few years? Seems like they were ahead of their time on this.

Goofyernmost

Per "row" (aka the two benches facing each other) or per vehicle? If you are right up against another family in the same vehicle but in a different row, there's very limited social distancing.
I was talking about per vehicle. Since it is a (hopefully) continuously moving vehicle there is no reason to stuff people into one. And I never saw them do it. It was/is a popular attraction, but it never had around the block lines with long waits. When you think about it there really, in later years, was nothing to see, but was a nice place to take a break and rest the feet

JoeCamel

Even before covid... It would take forever to get things fixed. Example. I was a supervisor on one of the attractions. Something was broken in my area so I had to submit an order to get it fixed. It has to go through a totem pole of people to get it approved. Once they did, turns out the manufacturer they used no longer existed. They had to shop around for someone new. Finally a little over 6 months later it was replaced. Sadly it took only about two weeks before another guest(s) broke it again.
But yes. Even the simplest things can take forever.
And some things are fixed at once.
I remember in 2014 or so I was talking to a CM about the decline in show and he lightly defended the current state. I pointed out the bottom of a post in Liberty Square that had damage from ECVs running into it to the point wood was missing. He said "yeah I need to turn that in", next morning it was repaired! He was posted in that area at least 3 hours each day.
Maybe because I as a guest mentioned it but it was casual conversation.

Last edited:

TTA94

Just curious, what increased PMs popularity? Seemed like over the last few years, pre covid, the long lines started. Was it the curiosity of the Tron construction? Then again I think the long lines started before Tron?

Touchdown

Just curious, what increased PMs popularity? Seemed like over the last few years, pre covid, the long lines started. Was it the curiosity of the Tron construction? Then again I think the long lines started before Tron?
Lines have grown everywhere, with POTC, iasw, JC and HM being afflicted by FP and the train being down more then up, the Peoplemover is the only midday diversion ride with a realitively short queue.

The other midday diversions are all shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom