News People mover now reopened!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
IF there are closures they can just let stuff sit empty for a week instead. I'm not sure there will be closures though. Maybe.

Well that comment didnā€™t age well...

And they wonā€™t do more than basic maintenance to keep ride mechanics going. They likely wonā€™t spend a dime more than is absolutely necessary during the closure.

Josh Hendy

People mover will be closed indefinitely.
Too bad because this ride was apparently intended from day one to be simple, reliable technology with the fewest possible breakdowns. No complicated custom-machined parts like HM, no cascading waterfalls like PotC, no complicated AAs. Just butt-simple cars floating along on magnets. Takes a bit of doing to FUBAR that up, just saying šŸ˜•

Rich Brownn

Too bad because this ride was apparently intended from day one to be simple, reliable technology with the fewest possible breakdowns. No complicated custom-machined parts like HM, no cascading waterfalls like PotC, no complicated AAs. Just butt-simple cars floating along on magnets. Takes a bit of doing to FUBAR that up, just saying šŸ˜•
Did we ever find out what the issue is? Like I said earlier it's probably the turntable at load/unload. The ride itself rarely malfunctions.

Walt d

Remember when Bush took over the White House and rumor was Clinton's staff removed all the W's from the keyboards? Maybe Iger planted all sorts of pranks around the parks before leaving. :joyfull:
I surely hope thatā€™s not the case. I truly enjoy riding the people mover, on a hot day, its a cooling ride as you zip along. Would hate to see it eliminated Bobby i..

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Perhaps.
(where's a tin foil hat emoji when you need one?)
Go ahead and laugh -- you just wait until the total protonic reversal occurs! Many Shubs and Zulls will know what it is to roast in the depths of a Sloar that day I can tell you...!
1584184191736.png

jt04

Iā€™ll admit that made me chuckle.

I have wondered if the rails could be removed, then cement applied to make a smooth surface for the ride vehicles. Of course it would take new ride vehicles with rubber tires but the result would be much smoother and quieter. Has this been considered? Will be interesting to see the tech used on the new people mover at the Vegas CC. I'm betting on something similar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom