Peoplemover closed for refurbishment

Mac Tonight

At this point, I'm convinced Chapek and co. can IP-ify anything... including the restrooms.

"Come on guys, it's a slam dunk! IP in the bathroom. Ehh!?!?!?!" - Bob Chapek

wdwmagic

Administrator
Advertisement
At this point, I'm convinced Chapek and co. can IP-ify anything... including the restrooms.

"Come on guys, it's a slam dunk! IP in the bathroom. Ehh!?!?!?!" - Bob Chapek

Mac Tonight

OK... I'll see myself out.

MatheusPG

I’ve got some art at home if no one beats me to it. Remind me.
It's really astonishing how much this management doesn't care about theming, sometimes I feel that Six Flags has much more care than they do...

"How about we bring back the peoplemover with an overlay, even though the ip's seeting is in the past and we already have a ride based on that next door?"

"I don't care, you can even change Tommorowland to some World-Celebration-Generic area as long as you don't create something original."

DGracey

IP has always existed in the parks, even back to Walt's day. But at least back then there was balance between IP and original concept. I think it was late-stage Eisner and the entire Iger/Chapek regime that has embraced the "IP or nothing" approach.

To be fair, at the time Disneyland was constructed, the company did not have that many films (or IP) to fill the entire park. Hence why many attractions were built based on themes and not from movies.

Now the company has the reverse situation. Way, way too many IPs and franchises and not enough places to put everything. They will never be able to use everything they have (a blessing? or a curse?).

Top Bottom