People

James Clifton

Original Poster
Just don't understand "slobs"! Walking to mainstreet from Buzz & see a woman walking & talking,unwrap candy & throw the wrap on the ground! Must have been too heavy to take to a trashcan! In Epcot get my fish & chips go to a table ...people left all their empty cups,paper plates & trash on the table!! Just lazy people I guess.It was p/u & put in the trashcan.Wish they were leaving when I came to the table....would have had no problem...."asking"them too dispose of their trash!
Jim

Chef Mickey

So true! I think to some people the attitude is that they paid so much to be there, so why should they have to clean up after themselves. I don't get it at all.
I absolutely hate that mentality.

Disney isn't that expensive, so people acting like they have carte blanche to do whatever need to wake up.

Chef Mickey

Well WDW does cater to the lower class nowadays. This is why there are lumberjacks in EPCOT and hordes of ECVs.
I'm always ridiculed for saying it, but I think Disney needs to raise prices to increase margin and shrink crowds. Fewer people, better experience. I'm willing to pay more, a lot more, to get that experience. I'd pay $200/day to go to the parks with half the crowd. No doubt about it.

Clamman73

I'm always ridiculed for saying it, but I think Disney needs to raise prices to increase margin and shrink crowds. Fewer people, better experience. I'm willing to pay more, a lot more, to get that experience. I'd pay $200/day to go to the parks with half the crowd. No doubt about it.
But you'd still be left with a percentage of people who like to leave empty tartar sauce packets. :banghead: :mad:

rsoxguy

My teen years were spent in the 70’s, a time when the mantra “don’t be a litter bug” prevailed. I believe that the mantra for the ongoing decade is “do that which is convenient for your own well-being”. The behavior described by the OP is only a sign of the times. On the bright side, the woman described by him probably doesn’t possess the resources to have someone clean her mess at home and therefore has to deal with candy wrappers being stuck to her feet all the day long. Suits her well.

Weather_Lady

It drives me crazy, too, and I saw it happening all over WDW when we were there last. If I catch someone in the act, I'm not afraid to pick up their trash, scream at them in a panic that they "must have dropped it accidentally," and hand it back to them. (Knock on wood, this always results in them disposing of it in a trash can, as they're embarrassed to litter when they know someone is watching. Sometimes they even "thank" me, as if to embrace the fiction that it really was an accident. Hopefully it doesn't get me punched in the face one of these days... ;) )

If the person isn't around, I just throw it away myself. There's a lovely comfort in knowing that at that moment, at least, I left something better than I found it.

Nick Wilde

It drives me crazy, too, and I saw it happening all over WDW when we were there last. If I catch someone in the act, I'm not afraid to pick up their trash, scream at them in a panic that they "must have dropped it accidentally," and hand it back to them. (Knock on wood, this always results in them disposing of it in a trash can, as they're embarrassed to litter when they know someone is watching. Sometimes they even "thank" me, as if to embrace the fiction that it really was an accident. Hopefully it doesn't get me punched in the face one of these days... ;) )

If the person isn't around, I just throw it away myself. There's a lovely comfort in knowing that at that moment, at least, I left something better than I found it.
I love this idea. I'm using it.

SarahClark

I'm sure you'd still see sloppy disrespectful people. In fact, often times richer people care less about their surroundings.

Chef Mickey

I'm sure you'd still see sloppy disrespectful people. In fact, often times richer people care less about their surroundings.
I'm less concerned about rich versus poor and more concerned about crowd volume. If you can minimize the crowds, I don't care what the person's financial status happens to be. I think the crowds and sheer volume of idiots are what ends up ruining experiences, not so much the the individual people. It's the one after the other in tight quarters that gets old.

216bruce

But you'd still be left with a percentage of people who like to leave empty tartar sauce packets. :banghead: :mad:
resized_x-x-everywhere-meme-generator-tartar-sauce-tartar-sauce-everywhere-b3df8c.jpg

216bruce

My grandma, rest her soul, just used to call folks, as being described here, as "white trash". I know that isn't pc, but there is a reason 'trash' is in the nickname.

HolleBolleGijs

The candy wrapper is ridiculous.

As far as leaving the plates and cups on the table, that might be a cultural thing (unless they were American - no excuse). It happened quite often there. Heck, even at McDonald's in France people often expect the employees to clean up their trash. I don't know what it's like in other countries, though.

Not that I condone that behavior though. Especially in a QS restaurant, when people literally walk by a trashcan with a pile of trays on it on their way out (or at least one), you would think they would say to themselves, "Oh hey, it looks like we're supposed to throw our own trash out. Maybe I'll go back and take care of that." Nope.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:

JasonDeyoung

Most people now days are just lazy and gross. Trash cans are literally like what, 20 feet apart at Disney and QS places have trash cans everywhere. It has gotten bad over the years. Trash on monorails, busses, bushes! I mean come on have some respect and use a damn trash can lol I don't know, I was raised to have manners and respect for people and places and well I'm ocd and trash really grosses me out when it's just chilling on a bush or bench and it's not the poor cms job to follow slobs around all day cause they can't walk two feet to a trash can. Ok rant over :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom