People who wear black clothes on a HOT day

SplashJacket

Are you one of the people who wear black clothes to the park on a hot day? I'm talking about black pants and/or black shirt or hoodie on a day that is above 75 degrees? Or even 90 degrees? Why? How?

Is it a fashion statement? Is it a medical condition? Are you from another dimension? Are you just plain wild and crazy? What possesses one to wear all black clothes when it's 85 degrees and humid?
Went to Disneyland last month, my whole group of 4 Georgians wore shorts and short-sleeves the whole time.

Was perfect weather. 50s and 60s some days and low 70s others. Except on the 70s days, where the distribution of sweatshirts, jackets, and sweatpants was closer to 50/50, we were basically the only ones in shorts and short sleeves. Occasionally (~5% were maybe wearing short or short sleeves but not both).

SoCal residents freeze, I guess

Smiley/OCD

I have found that just like my parents, the older I get, the less tolerance I have for extreme temperatures cold or hot.
The one thing I’ve always found weird is when I moved from north Jersey to the Jersey shore, people down here wear shorts no matter how cold it is. In north Jersey, if it was January and 30 degrees and you were wearing shorts, people just didn’t laugh at you, you were followed by men with long nets…lol but I agree, hotter it is, the lighter the shirt, the shorter the sleeve and the more sunscreen you use.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
We just returned from a trip.and it was average 80-85 degrees and the "feels like" temp was closer to 90 on certain days.

We saw people wearing skin tight black denim and black hoodies. Denim is already hot enough but the black denim just looks like.it absorbs enough heat to fry an egg on.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yes! We saw a lot of goth type outfits at Disney. Faux leather and patent leather look really uncomfortable to begin with. Add in heat and humidity, you got swamp a$$
1682794465453.png

aachtbahnmaatje

Ja, wir sind Gothics aus Deutschland und ich trage immer schwarz.
Ich glaube, ich schwitze in Schwarz so, wie ich in Weiß schwitzen würde.
So simple.....I would never wear another colour just because of temperature

SplashJacket

Being from Michigan, I have developed a deep loathe for the cold on every level, so really heat just isn't enough to me off that bad. Like 90 degrees can be exhausting, but I'd take it over 45 any day.
I feel like everyone just wants the opposite.

Love the cold, but bring from Georgia, I’m inundated with 95°+ humid days throughout the summer and beyond.

Have family from Maine that moved to Orlando, and they’ve lost their tolerance to the cold.

For me, my hatred for the heat stems from clothing. If it’s hotter than 70°, I’m hot, and there’s nothing I can do as an individual (walking outside or entering a public place) to change that. But if it’s too cold, I can just throw on more layers. Obviously there’s a point where things just become miserable, but 98% of the planet probably doesn’t live where unbearable cold happens frequently.

BlakeW39

I feel like everyone just wants the opposite.

Love the cold, but bring from Georgia, I’m inundated with 95°+ humid days throughout the summer and beyond.

Have family from Maine that moved to Orlando, and they’ve lost their tolerance to the cold.

For me, my hatred for the heat stems from clothing. If it’s hotter than 70°, I’m hot, and there’s nothing I can do as an individual (walking outside or entering a public place) to change that. But if it’s too cold, I can just throw on more layers. Obviously there’s a point where things just become miserable, but 98% of the planet probably doesn’t live where unbearable cold happens frequently.

heheh, I guess it depends on the person. I know people from cold places that love winter, and people from cold places who hate it. I am of the latter. You can throw on more layers but as humans our bodies are far better adapted to disipate heat than they are to retain it. Once its cold, your face hurts, your fingers... you have to put on insane amounts of clothing which make any sort of physical activity difficult. And even then, prolonged exposure isn't preferable. Meanwhile heat doesn't really bother me at all until its over 90... 85 I would describe as my preferred temperature just across the board. And even at 90-93, it isn't prohibitive for me, like I can still go outside and do things. During winter, I barely want to get out my car because it's so cold 💀

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Ja, wir sind Gothics aus Deutschland und ich trage immer schwarz.
Ich glaube, ich schwitze in Schwarz so, wie ich in Weiß schwitzen würde.
So simple.....I would never wear another colour just because of temperature
Nun, sind wir auch Fans von Mono, die noch mehr Kinder der Dunkelheit sind? Oder eher wie Lord of the Lost

LeighM

I'll wear black shorts because it's a breathable fabric. I'll wear black tank tops because it's both comfortable and flattering on me. But did you add your trip report into this separate thread? I wasn't sure what was reading LOL.

The Empress Lilly

Maybe with a few layers, or large free hanging bedouin attire colour loses its heat absorbing effect.

But that is not my experience with my standard shorts and shirt outfit. I once wore an all- black outfit. A classic EPCOT one. I looked fabulous. For the first four minutes. Then for the rest of the day I was wetter than under my shower from all the sweat. Never again. 😪

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom