News People mover now reopened!

Cmdr_Crimson

And, since Peoplemovers haven't been built in a Disney park since the installation at Mgic Kingdom (1975) I would not expect them to be added (or replaced) at any Disney park.
The peoplemover at Houston's Airport is a WED based installation. That has to get updated since it's used constantly. The tech is still there so, there shouldn’t be a problem..

celluloid

It’s a sorry state of affairs where the words “smoother” and “cleaner” could be considered an “upgrade”

For the record 3 IPs were considered for inclusion for a 50th upgrade. Narration and show scene replacement. I’d be happy if that one remained cancelled.

Indeed. It is a sad state all around when Disney has to brag about taking a year to fix an attraction in a land of shuttered ones.

Tom Morrow

Glad it's back. I know it was wishful thinking but too bad they didn't replace this awful, awful, AWFUL spiel which has now been with us for over a decade.

I remember writing a huge rant about it when it first appeared. It's so low effort and "first draft". For an entire decade they have referred to Carousel of Progress as "four families." "It's 'out of this world!'" "Share the fun!"

Whoever wrote it and approved it was completely devoid of any creativity.

Cmdr_Crimson

Glad it's back. I know it was wishful thinking but too bad they didn't replace this awful, awful, AWFUL spiel which has now been with us for over a decade.

I remember writing a huge rant about it when it first appeared. It's so low effort and "first draft". For an entire decade they have referred to Carousel of Progress as "four families." "It's 'out of this world!'" "Share the fun!"

The voice is Mike Brassell..He's also the narrator on Living With The Land and was the composer of the Space Mountain score we hear today..

dreday3

The voice actor was Frank Graham. His radio personality voice lent itself well to Tex Avery's infomercial-like "World of Tomorrow" cartoon satires. The streamlined appliances featured in the cartoon are also very "Tomorrowlandish" in appearance. Streamlining was the future! Similarities can definitely be made to Frank's voice and the Peoplemover narration. Funnily enough, even the "House of Tomorrow" cartoon somewhat resembles the Carousel of Progress or vice versa. Tex's Tomorrowland!? Here's hoping Peoplemover regains some of it's satire with an updated VO script and more scene vignettes. Looking Good Disney! Keep it going!

Thank you for the info!

ThatMouse

Since we're complaining, why is it so dark going thru Space Mountain? The outside looks so cool, and the queue is eh ok I guess, but People Mover is just nothing to see thru there multiplied by your constricted pupils. Not everyone can ride Space Mountain so it seems like a missed opportunity unless you happen to be in there when the lights are on.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Since we're complaining, why is it so dark going thru Space Mountain? The outside looks so cool, and the queue is eh ok I guess, but People Mover is just nothing to see thru there multiplied by your constricted pupils. Not everyone can ride Space Mountain so it seems like a missed opportunity unless you happen to be in there when the lights are on.
Because they thought it was a good idea in 2009.

On a brighter note, speedramps are indeed working.

Cmdr_Crimson

This is why I kept hoping for projection mapping within the tunnels for something to look at.

Cmdr_Crimson

The voice is fine enough. I'm talking about the script, which he probably didn't write.
True but, his voice is as lackluster on LWTL..
giphy.gif

note2001

Announcement video from Disney Parks on TikTok:

The angle of that Stitch pic they posted made me scratch my head. Good to see they no longer have any secrets to keep. 😆

Seriously though, I'm all about transparency within a company, but some things don't need to be shown, while others (like when is Jambo reopening?) should be revealed.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
True but, his voice is as lackluster on LWTL..
giphy.gif

I don't have much of a problem with it on LwtL. It almost fits the ride well, if I'm being honest.

I'm guessing the same people who dumbed down the current Spaceship Earth script were responsible for this dreck as well. I could be wrong.

FigmentsFangirl

I personally miss the spiel before this current incvarnation, you could actually HEAR "Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders" or some such. Now the current spiel my brother can just barely hear, if that

Rich Brownn

I've never understood why, after finally putting a roof on the queue to make it totally dark, they got rid of the glow-in-the-dark panels. That would have looked so cool in total darkness

The Empress Lilly

Be careful what you wish for...

The current script and narration are the equivalent to being served yesterdays coffee drab. But I'll take over the narrowly avoided IncrediMover.

ToTBellHop

I've never understood why, after finally putting a roof on the queue to make it totally dark, they got rid of the glow-in-the-dark panels. That would have looked so cool in total darkness
Because they wanted it dark. Glowing panels make it less dark.

Of course, if you’ve ever ridden the MNSSHP version before sunset, you realize the building actually doesn’t completely block out sunlight.

Cmdr_Crimson

Wait, a lot of people don't like the current spiel? :c
I'm not a fan..I was there on Oct 2nd 2009 when they changed it and it was such a down grade from the Pete Renaday narration..It made it feel more kinetic with the utopian theme TL was trying to go for during that time..And The TTA was the vein of transport throughout the land..Here's what it was like prior to the new narration..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom