News People mover now reopened!

KBLovedDisney

When going down, turn around and go down backwards.
Go to town!

images

(I'm so sad my brain went there.)

ToTBellHop

If older people have a problem going downward facing forward just imagine what it would be like to go down backwards and then not fall on their a$$ at that bottom. So technically I'm not aboard with that suggestion. On the surface it did seem like a reasonable cure though. However, after a short time imagining the outcome it didn't pass muster. 🤔 ;)
He’s just saying to face upward as you go down the ramp. It is easier on your sense of equilibrium to tackle a hill facing up.

seabreezept813

Yes, you are
I’m sure I’ve missed the info somewhere. But the exit was much shorter before or at the very least less walking right? Doing parent swap our last day I rode twice as the tagalong and my feet practically fell off just from going through the queue twice. It was a 9 day trip so we were already beat...

TrojanUSC

I’m sure I’ve missed the info somewhere. But the exit was much shorter before or at the very least less walking right? Doing parent swap our last day I rode twice as the tagalong and my feet practically fell off just from going through the queue twice. It was a 9 day trip so we were already beat...
Before it was a moving walkway that took you up the incline, now it's walking-only with a much steeper incline at the end.

Bocabear

And really, the moving walkway was meant to keep traffic flowing past the "Home Of Future Living" display... An amazing ending to the attraction... Unfortunately became dated and lost their sponsorship...and the sets were destroyed...Incidentally th3 2 story sets were also visible from the People mover traveling above. With ne new walking exit they would never bother to redo the displays because they don't want people stopping to look... Such a shame and a real loss overall.

mikeymouse

The slope of the speed ramps is shallow enough to fit into the ceiling of the Lunching Pad. Something steeper would drop down into the Lunching Pad.

An escalator landing on the ground in the same place as the speed ramps wouldn’t have enough clearance above due to the unload platform disc location. Hope that makes sense. The whole structure really is quite an engineering marvel.
I'm amazed how much weight this structure is supporting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom