News People mover now reopened!

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

*** are you taking about? 😂😂
1612064875363.png

Rjmeneg

I think Bob and Bob #1 priority is contingency Covid-19 plans and how and when to pull the trigger.
This is not new and is coming since before Covid. I visited WDW in February 2019 and recall to have never seen Magic Kigdom as dirty as that before. Most of the restrooms and other areas with a lot of waste on the floor. In my opinion, there is a clear strategy to reduce costs with maintenance overall. The time when they repaint minor details of the attraction every night has gone long time ago by now.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

There’s no big secret. It’s known why the ride failed. Its known what was right and what was wrong. There’s nothing to prove.

Theres two hopes of this. No hope and Bob Hope.
I would like to believe that. I think some form of change is coming to the magic kingdom people mover where it will no longer be the people mover. maybe not rocket rods. but i think its days are numbered.

I would like to believe that. I think some form of change is coming to the magic kingdom people mover where it will no longer be the people mover. maybe not rocket rods. but i think its days are numbered.

Why? It's popular, high-capacity, fairly inexpensive to operate, beloved by fans, and doesn't have any negative racial implications. I see no reason to think Disney would spend money changing it.

Goofyernmost

Why? It's popular, high-capacity, fairly inexpensive to operate, beloved by fans, and doesn't have any negative racial implications. I see no reason to think Disney would spend money changing it.
They could make it a very loved attraction if they would put a lot of the things you were able to see during the dark parts of the ride back. They are usually static or almost static characters or props that and displays that make it interesting and more then just a place to give ones butt a ride. They need to change the ramp up, because older people are real fans of the ride but that moving steep ramp tests the balance of older folks. Put in some new, or even the old, verbal track from early on that was funny and timed really well. It would be a small expense to do all of that, I'm thinking the the ramp would be easily replaced by an escalator. Put the glow tapes back on the Space Mtn. vehicles and open the window so that they are visible again from the People mover. I'm sure the windows are still there just covered up. It is one of the most inexpensive upgrades they could make.

They could make it a very loved attraction if they would put a lot of the things you were able to see during the dark parts of the ride back.
That's fair. I didn't mean to imply that Disney will never do a minor refresh of the ride; I just don't see them making fundamental changes (like replacing it with Rocket Rods).

Naplesgolfer

This is not new and is coming since before Covid. I visited WDW in February 2019 and recall to have never seen Magic Kigdom as dirty as that before. Most of the restrooms and other areas with a lot of waste on the floor. In my opinion, there is a clear strategy to reduce costs with maintenance overall. The time when they repaint minor details of the attraction every night has gone long time ago by now.
If they don't clean and maintain the parks they will lose the repeat guests over time. They won't be able to replace the frequent guests as they die off if they abandone all the practices that have built the fan base they have. Once they lose their reputation they may find it hard to recover it. The way they have run the parks under Iger has been awful .

Last edited:

donsullivan

Premium Member
If they don't clean and maintain the parks they will lose the repeat guests over time. They won't be able to replace the frequent guests as they die off if they abandone all the practices that have build the fan base they have. Once less lose their reputation they may find it hard to recover it. The way they have run the parks under Iger has been awful .
But we’ve been hearing this perspective for over 3 decades and throughout it all, the number of people visiting Disney World has continued to climb to record levels. After that many years it kind of rings hollow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom