News People mover now reopened!

_caleb

How would that work? Now I’m curious...how do you pull off an Incredibles people mover? I’d imagine it wouldn’t be like the TRON sorta overlay.
While I would not be a fan of an Incredibles overlay of the PeopleMover, I could see it fitting better than the Incredicoaster does. The PeopleMover feels retrofuturistic in the way the films do, and the show scenes could use proper AAs and would fit in controlled-environment showbuildings. Baby on a stick could at least hide the sticks? I don’t know.

Did I mention IP shouldn’t be forced into every attraction?

techgeek

Trust me, it would be a bigger problem for them to try to get rid of it.

Disney history is littered with attractions that became ‘hard to maintain’ and one day just slipped off the map from seasonal or extended refurb status.

Very recently Primeval Whirl got that treatment, although granted there’s not likely to be many tears spent in its demise.

The new Disney isn’t really much different then the old Disney in respect that everything has a number, and there are no sacred cows (except, apparently, CoP...).

Goofyernmost

Disney history is littered with attractions that became ‘hard to maintain’ and one day just slipped off the map from seasonal or extended refurb status.

Very recently Primeval Whirl got that treatment, although granted there’s not likely to be many tears spent in its demise.

The new Disney isn’t really much different then the old Disney in respect that everything has a number, and there are no sacred cows (except, apparently, CoP...).
The older we get the more we need that type of ride. They do need to replace those vertical moving sidewalks with regular escalators. Age and arthritis make negotiating it, especially downward, sometimes difficult and dangerous. Then spend a couple bucks to put some entertaining scenes like they used to have in the blank dark areas of the ride. Make the inside of Space Mountain visible again and return the black light strips to the SM vehicles. Oh, and one more thing go back to the original script. That alone was entertaining.

Surferboy567

While I would not be a fan of an Incredibles overlay of the PeopleMover, I could see it fitting better than the Incredicoaster does. The PeopleMover feels retrofuturistic in the way the films do, and the show scenes could use proper AAs and would fit in controlled-environment showbuildings. Baby on a stick could at least hide the sticks? I don’t know.

Did I mention IP shouldn’t be forced into every attraction?

Not saying IP should be forced, I’m just generally curious to see how this would work. Are we taking a light reskin with just Bob narrating, maybe a single screen tunnel like TRON, or possibly a full on Incredibles peoplemover with story etc.

Mac Tonight

At this point, I'm convinced Chapek and co. can IP-ify anything... including the restrooms.

"Come on guys, it's a slam dunk! IP in the bathroom. Ehh!?!?!?!" - Bob Chapek

Mac Tonight

OK... I'll see myself out.
tenor.gif

Mac Tonight

Think it is safe to say the IP move began quite a ways back, but was really grasped onto by Bob Chapek.
IP has always existed in the parks, even back to Walt's day. But at least back then there was balance between IP and original concept. I think it was late-stage Eisner and the entire Iger/Chapek regime that has embraced the "IP or nothing" approach.

MatheusPG

I’ve got some art at home if no one beats me to it. Remind me.
It's really astonishing how much this management doesn't care about theming, sometimes I feel that Six Flags has much more care than they do...

"How about we bring back the peoplemover with an overlay, even though the ip's seeting is in the past and we already have a ride based on that next door?"

"I don't care, you can even change Tommorowland to some World-Celebration-Generic area as long as you don't create something original."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom