Penguins + Soarin' = Whattttt?!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Testtrack321 said:
Since nobody got them, here they are....

1.) The CM the penguins "talk" to is wearing a DCA Soarin' Over California costume (notice it's more like a flight suit than a dress jacket and pants.)

2.) The penguins go on the ride they are seated on seats that have cushoned backs, no overhead support, and a lapbar. NOT the Soarin' ride vehicles!

There are actually three errors.....

3) The penquins did not meet the heigth requirements..... :lookaroun

Epcot82Guy

Just as a side note about advertising this way, when ToT opened, I REFUSED to go on it for a good 4 or 5 years because I thought you did stand up in the car because of the billboards. :lol: So, I guess such advertising can come with a risk!

GrandFloridian1

By the way, when are they ever going to sell Soarin merchandise? I heard it didn't sell well in California so they decided not to bring the merchandise to Florida. :cry:

HinunterZuNich

When I wast WDW July 28 - August 3, that commercial played at least 5 times a day when I was in the room. I definetly agree that it's great because at first you don't know what it's for, then it ends up beng about WDW. Is the commercial in #disney-central on IRC, I want to download it :lol:

the-reason14

I never really understood why they dont show the accurate stuff, ie ride vehicles and how the ride really looks,(SM, TOT, and Soarin) isnt that false advertising.

peter11435

the-reason14 said:
I never really understood why they dont show the accurate stuff, ie ride vehicles and how the ride really looks,(SM, TOT, and Soarin) isnt that false advertising.
It’s not false advertising because you don't actually pay for the rides. Additionally the laws against false advertising don't exactly apply to appearance of something like that.

It would be false advertising to advertise Disney tickets and say they are only 19.99, but in reality they are much more. It would not be false advertising to advertise Disney tickets that were Mickey shaped when they are actually rectangle. I hope you get my point.

I.M.Fearless

:lol:
I want to see that commercial!
That sounds hilarious!
Like the Tower of Terror 4 commercial (you know, it shows the buttons for which floor, and the lit up one is the floor with the elevator, and it just starts jumping all over the place).

mkepcotmgmak

i haven't seen it yet, but it sound like a great idea for a commercial! glad to see that they are working 'out of the box'

now if we could only get Figment in a commercial for epcot! haha. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom