Peephole in Epcot bathroom?

ImperfectPixie

Your eyesight must be better than mine. What sealant are you talking about? The gap is the distance from the front of the hole to the back and it completely corresponds with the line up of the rest of the grout. You are still assuming that the hole is in the wall and I am saying that it is in the grouting only because the toilet was either designed in such a way that it didn't fit properly or was installed incorrectly. Not a good thing but hardly a high priority thing. It comes under the heading of "When you are up to you butt in Alligators, it is tough to remember that your original intention was to drain the swamp".

Still without a 3D image it is unlikely that we will ever know so for your and my benefit, I am leaving this thread and the rest of you can occupy your time with potty conversation.
Watch the second video on page 13 or 14 - you can very clearly see that you are looking through a hole into a space beyond.

Sir_Cliff

Maybe an opportunity for some fan service?

world_of_motion_sea_serpent_by_innsmouthfishwife_d60f3zz-fullview.jpeg

I know, I know, peeping is not a laughing matter!

Pepper's Ghost

Wow, I'm astonished at the stamina displayed in this thread, sincerely. I gave up pages ago. 🤣

One thing I'll reiterate because I believe someone touched on this... a ton of caulking globbed on to the top of the toilet where some sicko is going to introduce a peephole is the perfect cover. It makes it look like shoddy repair work. Btw, the reason I'm willing to make the assumption of motivation to obscure a peephole in that manner is because if true, the sicko actually peeping isn't of sane mind already. Not a big leap to think, "I'll just glob a bunch of caulk and people won't think anything of it." A hole going all the way through 2 different layers of hard material in that place makes no sense without intent. It's almost the equivalent of a floor mounted toilet with a hole behind the tank, just above the tank line. Tiles and the board behind just don't wear out into a hole just above the toilet line without some logical cause. Keep in mind, years of heavy individuals sitting on the fixture wouldn't break the wall. It could damage the mounting bolts that go through the wall, but they're essentially different systems. Think Yeti, rollercoaster, and mountain on EE. They're 3 different systems that intertwine, but are separate. Any substantial damage and sagging of the fixture would break it right off which would require much more substantial repair than just remounting a new fixture. Or, more likely "caution" tape closing that one stall and ignoring it for years.

If you're suggesting that a previous fixture was in place with different dimensions could've caused this, let's set aside the improbability of the new fixture aligning properly for installation without being the same dimensions/model without extensive changes to the wall. What proof is there? You're assuming something for which you have zero evidence and is very unlikely. Assuming a peephole on the other hand, not such a big leap considering there's a hole in an unlikely place for a hole for which you can see clearly into the area on the other side. Evidence of the possibility is right there. Okay, assume that part of the tile mysteriously broke away due to some unexplained bad repair work... explain the hole in the wall that makes no sense in that place? There's just no evidence without a cause of what might have created a hole through the wall if not intentional.

I heard there's a nasty faucet leak in room 1972 at Caribbean Beach. Looking forward to the in-depth analysis in that thread.
I actually heard it was room 1408 at The Dolphin. Weird!

some other guy

If you're suggesting that a previous fixture was in place with different dimensions could've caused this, let's set aside the improbability of the new fixture aligning properly for installation without being the same dimensions/model without extensive changes to the wall. What proof is there?
given how oddly niche stuff can get I wouldn't be shocked if somewhere out in the Disney-sphere there's a long essay or few detailing the history of the various models of toilets used in Future World over the years and why the revamped ones are bad 🤣

Sonconato

Wow, I'm astonished at the stamina displayed in this thread, sincerely. I gave up pages ago. 🤣

One thing I'll reiterate because I believe someone touched on this... a ton of caulking globbed on to the top of the toilet where some sicko is going to introduce a peephole is the perfect cover. It makes it look like shoddy repair work. Btw, the reason I'm willing to make the assumption of motivation to obscure a peephole in that manner is because if true, the sicko actually peeping isn't of sane mind already. Not a big leap to think, "I'll just glob a bunch of caulk and people won't think anything of it." A hole going all the way through 2 different layers of hard material in that place makes no sense without intent. It's almost the equivalent of a floor mounted toilet with a hole behind the tank, just above the tank line. Tiles and the board behind just don't wear out into a hole just above the toilet line without some logical cause. Keep in mind, years of heavy individuals sitting on the fixture wouldn't break the wall. It could damage the mounting bolts that go through the wall, but they're essentially different systems. Think Yeti, rollercoaster, and mountain on EE. They're 3 different systems that intertwine, but are separate. Any substantial damage and sagging of the fixture would break it right off which would require much more substantial repair than just remounting a new fixture. Or, more likely "caution" tape closing that one stall and ignoring it for years.

If you're suggesting that a previous fixture was in place with different dimensions could've caused this, let's set aside the improbability of the new fixture aligning properly for installation without being the same dimensions/model without extensive changes to the wall. What proof is there? You're assuming something for which you have zero evidence and is very unlikely. Assuming a peephole on the other hand, not such a big leap considering there's a hole in an unlikely place for a hole for which you can see clearly into the area on the other side. Evidence of the possibility is right there. Okay, assume that part of the tile mysteriously broke away due to some unexplained bad repair work... explain the hole in the wall that makes no sense in that place? There's just no evidence without a cause of what might have created a hole through the wall if not intentional.

For what it’s worth, I mentioned this to my husband who is an Architect and he said that what you said was spot on. But pictures are worth a thousand words, so he put together some photos from a project (not Disney) that he worked on that shows the process. He said he took thousands of photos to help educate younger staff better understand conditions when they are doing drawings…not just toilets! The following are additional thoughts from him:

• Wall Hung Toilets – They always have a carrier – NO toilet is ever hung off the wall, they are ONLY hung off the carrier.
  • Plumbing Chase – This is the space where the carrier and piping occurs. He said some projects just have enough space for the carriers and piping, whereas some clients require space to walk so maintenance can be done without shutting down the restrooms when possible, which makes sense if feasible. WDW would likely have this for obvious reasons and some spaces you can see the access doors to them.
  • Sealant – Sealant needs something behind it to prevent it from filling the hole. If the hole is a sizable space, how do you keep it from filling that entire void. He said sealant will fail if the thickness exceeds half the width.
Although we don’t want to get involved in this discussion, he does hope these photos (attached) help. He said that you would typically NOT have a clear view into that plumbing chase behind the surface of the wall.

Attachments

• Toilet Installation.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 170

JoeCamel

For what it’s worth, I mentioned this to my husband who is an Architect and he said that what you said was spot on. But pictures are worth a thousand words, so he put together some photos from a project (not Disney) that he worked on that shows the process. He said he took thousands of photos to help educate younger staff better understand conditions when they are doing drawings…not just toilets! The following are additional thoughts from him:

• Wall Hung Toilets – They always have a carrier – NO toilet is ever hung off the wall, they are ONLY hung off the carrier.
  • Plumbing Chase – This is the space where the carrier and piping occurs. He said some projects just have enough space for the carriers and piping, whereas some clients require space to walk so maintenance can be done without shutting down the restrooms when possible, which makes sense if feasible. WDW would likely have this for obvious reasons and some spaces you can see the access doors to them.
  • Sealant – Sealant needs something behind it to prevent it from filling the hole. If the hole is a sizable space, how do you keep it from filling that entire void. He said sealant will fail if the thickness exceeds half the width.
Although we don’t want to get involved in this discussion, he does hope these photos (attached) help. He said that you would typically NOT have a clear view into that plumbing chase behind the surface of the wall.
Yeah but did he name the perp?😉

DisneyCane

Are the other toilets caulked the same way? That could be a clue in this grand mystery!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom