Rumor Pecos Bills to be rethemed?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Thread title should probably be changed to reflect that this is a rumor.

I have no idea if this is true one way or the other, but seeing Imagineers at a site “looking around” does not automatically mean a retheme is imminent.

I also wonder how they’d handle an extended closure at one of the park’s two largest quick service restaurants.

Animaniac93-98

I also wonder how they’d handle an extended closure at one of the park’s two largest quick service restaurants.

The last time they did an extended closure of Pecos Bill's in the 90s, they temporarily reopened the Adventureland Verandah.

Except that's Skipper Canteen now.

I guess they'd have to keep Tortuga Tavern open the whole time, though it's not really adequate for such crowds. Perhaps Tomorrowland Terrace instead? It's on the other side of the park, but at least has the space.

ToTBellHop

It is indeed an option to make this Tiana-themed. Frontierland would basically continue from CBJ across the bridge just west of RoA to BTMRR while Tiana gets a mini-district that may even be part of Adventureland.

1675396345164.png

Adventureland in green, Frontierland in red.

Doesn’t mean this is the plan, though. But is was thought transitioning from PotC to New Orleans would work well.

doctornick

It is indeed an option to make this Tiana-themed. Frontierland would basically continue from CBJ across the bridge just west of RoA to BTMRR while Tiana gets a mini-district that may even be part of Adventureland.

Doesn’t mean this is the plan, though. But is was thought transitioning from PotC to New Orleans would work well.

It's a terrible idea IMHO. The MK POTC does not transition to a New Orleans as it is themed to a Caribbean fort nothing like NOLA.

Build a mini New Orleans on the far side of Splash outside the RR station/berm.

Cmdr_Crimson

If they could call it Tiana's Mile long Cafe in nods to it's original name from the mile long bar would work.

But, If it is true if Pecos gets rethemed it does remove the tarnish this animated short had..And yet we still have the native Americans on peter pans flight..

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes

View attachment 696211
Adventureland in green, Frontierland in red.

I think it should look like this:

06FAAA7F-44FF-42DA-BA32-12D2B206A1F4.jpeg

Adventureland in green, Bayou mini-land in purple, and Frontierland in red.

Sorry my image isn’t perfect. I took the photo on my Google Maps phone app.

Chupaca Bruh

To really do it right they would need to redo the front of that portion of the building. I am sure Disney will not, but they should if this is the plan. The entrance would be where the red arrow is pointing.
1675436425717.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom