Paying with Gift Cards?

bsiev1977

I'll have the money available shortly to be able to pay off my upcoming December trip.
I'd like clarification as to whether I can buy gift cards and use them to pay over the phone. I'd rather not have to use my credit card. My local Walgreens sells the cards that I can put as much as $500 on each car.
Or
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I seem to recall reading at some point that I could pay off my balance at a Disney Store. If that's true, there is one about an hour away from where I live.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You can use gift cards but im (not trying to get into your business) just curious but why don't you just use your checking debit card instead of a credit card, or just use a credit card and pay it right back?
That would save you the trouble of having to buy the gift cards or from driving an hour away. Or you can pay it off online if you booked online.
We always used a credit card and just paid it right back. Your credit cards are protected from fraud and so is your debit card as well if that's what your worried about. That had happened to us on credit cards and we owed nothing and they just cancel that card and send you another. Also you do not pay interest if you pay your balance in full when its due, or at least pay over the minimum what you charged for the trip if you owe other money on the credit card. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CamiLyn227

I a lot of times use gift cards to pay off our trip. You can do it online or over then phone. And if there is any money left over on the cards you can use them for just about anything at Disney. Just make sure to save all of the cards even after you've used them. If there are any refunds for any reason the money will go back to the gift card.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Can anyone clarify this? I heard that if you have a target card you can buy Disney gift cards there and still get your 5% discounts on the cards? $20 bucks off of $500 doesn't sound bad to me...I was gonna do it to make my final payment but I just want to make sure it does work before I actually go through with it...

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Can anyone clarify this? I heard that if you have a target card you can buy Disney gift cards there and still get your 5% discounts on the cards? $20 bucks off of $500 doesn't sound bad to me...I was gonna do it to make my final payment but I just want to make sure it does work before I actually go through with it...
Yes that is correct. They only sell $50 and sometimes $25 cards. You cannot choose how much you want to put on them etc. So you would have to buy 10 $50 cards if you want $500 worth. I usually only am able to buy the $50 cards at my SuperTarget. :)

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Some warehouse clubs will also sell Disney gift cards at a discount. Not as high as 5%, think its closer to 1%, but its an option.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
I just did that for my June trip. Good luck, and it's always nice to save a buck or $20:D

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

I'll have the money available shortly to be able to pay off my upcoming December trip.
I'd like clarification as to whether I can buy gift cards and use them to pay over the phone. I'd rather not have to use my credit card. My local Walgreens sells the cards that I can put as much as $500 on each car.
Or
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I seem to recall reading at some point that I could pay off my balance at a Disney Store. If that's true, there is one about an hour away from where I live.
One really important thing is don't throw away your gift cards!!!! If you have to cancel your trip for some reason, Disney has to refund your money to whatever card you made each payment with, so they will refund whatever portion you paid with the gift card back to that specific card number, and if you don't still have it, there may not be an easy way of getting a replacement.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom