Paying Homage

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
We all know the Mouse likes to pay some sort of homage to a past attraction when it is replaced. Some well known ones being Mr. Toad handing over a deed to Owl in the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, as well as a sculpture of Mr. Toad in the Haunted Mansions pet cemetery, the Horizons symbol in the gravity wheel in Mission SPace. etc etc I could go on on.
Anyway! What if anything was been done for Camp Minnie Mickey in Pandora? Has 20K been marked somewhere in Little Mermaid? What do you think or what would you like to see in Toy Story Land or Galaxy's Edge for the Backlot Tour, Catastrophe Canyon, Light Motor Action and the Great Movie Ride in Mickey and Minnie's runaway train attraction or how Universe of Energy will show up in Gaurdians of the Galaxy?

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

I havent heard of a nod to camp Minnie Mickey. There is an imprint of the 20,000 League Nautilus Sub in a rock in the queue of Little Mermaid.
Theres so many things from the GMR I'd like to see placed somewhere in the park. Each scene has wonderful items that should deserve a placement somewhere. Picking just one item as a tribute will be hard. Gene Kellys umbrella? Bogarts hat? Indys jewell? Dorothys Toto? Who knows what will be given the honor? Maybe they will just use the old movie camera that sat in the loading area?

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
There is an imprint of the 20,000 League Nautilus Sub in a rock in the queue of Little Mermaid.
Theres so many things from the GMR I'd like to see placed somewhere in the park. Each scene has wonderful items that should deserve a placement somewhere.

I didn't know about the Nautilus being hidden in a rock in the Little Mermaid, I did know that there was once one inside Pooh Tree when it was a play ground.

I hope they would consider using the lighted neon sign at the beginning of GMR for the new attraction! (Crossing my fingers)

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
I'd like to see the mirrored pond where the sign sits for UoE reused for the Gaurdians of the Galaxy attraction.

I would be glad to see some of the props from the prop house queue from the Backlot Tour used in some capacity

And finally I really hope the Mouse would bring back the Splash fountain and put it somewhere else in the park! Maybe in Echo Lake by Min and Bills, in the courtyard of Sunset Market or better yet somewhere by the Hollywood Brown Derby.

Cmdr_Crimson

This is on the wall in Dinosaur...
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2014/10/101-dinosaur-2009-08-15-7440-550x366.jpg

This picture of Jim Henson (In Muppet form) Hangs high and in the center of the pre-show area of Muppetvision...
latest

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Bump

Well we are only a few months away from the opening of Toy Story Land any thoughts on what may be left behind as a memory of the Backlot Tour and or other attractions the land is taking over?

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
I know that there is a Troll tapestry hanging in Elsa and Annas Sommerhus that pays tribute Maelstrom. Also some of the set pieces from Catastrophe Canyon were repurposed at the Boulder Ridge Cove Pool at Wilderness Lodge.

Oh wow I did not know about either of these! Thank you for sharing!

~edit~ This makes me wish they would have saved the Fab Five Sculptures from Camp Minnie Mickey and repurposed them around Fort Wilderness.

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Maybe there will be a Singing in the Rain Umbrella or at least a nod to it in Galaxy's Edge or a Costume Shop in TSL to represent where the old Design and Sewing Shops were in BLT (although I believe they were located where the new CS is going)

Princess Leia

Well it turns out that Dragon Rock from the never built Beastly Kingdom did survive though it is pretty well hidden thanks to tress and other flora growing over it.

Post #61: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/dragon-rock-the-cavern-by-pandora.920399/page-4
I wish I took a picture of it when I was there. I was on the bridge, looking around, and voila there it was!

I really wish they would just build Beastly Kingdom somewhere on the property. HP has practically taken over all Beastly Kingdom-esque aspects at IOA, so Disney could start from scratch, or go back to the original ideas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom