Paying for your trip with PayPal !?

Vernonpush

Original Poster
I just took an online survey when going to the Disney World site. There was one question about using PayPal to pay for the vacation.

DisneyPayPal.jpg

Seems odd that they would use this.

miles1

Actually there's a really good chance that I would use it. First, I hate piling up a credit card, if even briefly, to book our trips. For our family of four or sometimes five, our package can total $2500-$3000. Why run it through a credit card if I have the money sitting in the bank? It seems the credit card companies find some way to charge interest on it, even if you pay it immediately. (My debit card has a limit of $300 per transaction, so I can't use that to book with.)

Second, I've had my CC number compromised on the internet. I'm sure Disney's site is very secure, but why take the chance? I know that Paypal is secure.

Third, DW is a fairly proficient Ebay seller and she usually has a few hundred dollars sitting in her Paypal account to help pay for Disney trips.

So yes, I'd certainly use it if the option were available.

lynnie5150

As a buyer I would and its a great idea. Paypal is a seller beware company and is the worst company that you can ever deal with as a seller on Ebay. Do a google search and you will see how horrible they are.

kal1484

(My debit card has a limit of $300 per transaction, so I can't use that to book with.).

You should be able to call your bank right before you book and let them know you need to up your limit. They can give you a period of time where you can charge more than $300, or should be able to. My bank can.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I use it all the time but its only because its the only way to pay for things most of the time from eBay. I do not see the difference or advantage of using it to pay for a vacation when the main site takes credit cards, and credit debit cards.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
A few weeks ago I got a survey with the same question on it. I would gladly use PayPal for Disney trips. I don't have any credit cards and I hate having to use my debit card for things on the internet. I have had identity theft twice.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
If youre scared to use your credit card to pay on Disneys site for a vacation...you have deeper issues than credit card theft to worry about.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
If youre scared to use your credit card to pay on Disneys site for a vacation...you have deeper issues than credit card theft to worry about.

I think my deeper issues are just fine, but thank you for concerning yourself with them. I was merely stating that I prefer not to use my credit card online whenever I can. I still do it if I have to, but I prefer to use something like PayPal whenever I can. If Disney began offering PayPal as an option, I would use it.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I think my deeper issues are just fine, but thank you for concerning yourself with them. I was merely stating that I prefer not to use my credit card online whenever I can. I still do it if I have to, but I prefer to use something like PayPal whenever I can. If Disney began offering PayPal as an option, I would use it.

I just dont see the advantage of going through an outside company to pay for your trip when you can just pay it THROUGH Disney...Disney has to pay to accept payments so it does not even make sense for them.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I just dont see the advantage of going through an outside company to pay for your trip when you can just pay it THROUGH Disney...Disney has to pay to accept payments so it does not even make sense for them.

Well, Disney must see some advantage to it if they are putting it as a survey question. :shrug: I don't know what there reasoning is, but then again, it is not my job to know things like that. If they want to offer it as an option, I will use it. If they end up not offering it, I will continue as I always have. No big deal. :shrug:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Well, Disney must see some advantage to it if they are putting it as a survey question. :shrug: I don't know what there reasoning is, but then again, it is not my job to know things like that. If they want to offer it as an option, I will use it. If they end up not offering it, I will continue as I always have. No big deal. :shrug:

I got you, to each his/her own. I didnt mean to insult you either I was just being "funny".

WDWFigment

As a buyer I would and its a great idea. Paypal is a seller beware company and is the worst company that you can ever deal with as a seller on Ebay. Do a google search and you will see how horrible they are.

Totally agree. As a regular seller on eBay and user of Paypal, I cannot stand most of their business practices (eBay, owner of Paypal). I could go on for paragraphs, but I doubt anyone really cares.

I make sure to select my credit card as my method of payment whenever I use paypal to pay. Not just because of the additional protection it gives or the cashback, but because I want to make sure eBay/Paypal is profiting as little money as possible thanks to me.

For those concerned about credit card theft, etcetera, maybe you should look into an AMEX.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom