Paying for some else's meal...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
My parents have a reservation this morning at Crystal Palace. I would like to call up and pay for their meal, because I am SO GREAT!

Does anyone have a direct number for the resturant? Or does anyone know if this is even possible?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
There's nothing like the last minute , eh? ;) All I can think of is try starting with 407-WDW-DINE, maybe they can give you the direct phone number for the restaurant.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
There's nothing like the last minute , eh? ;) All I can think of is try starting with 407-WDW-DINE, maybe they can give you the direct phone number for the restaurant.

I resemble that remark. I still have 40 minutes. lol. I will try the Disney DIne line. Good thinking.

JerseyDad

No luck. According to Disney Dining, Crystal Palace is a telephone free environment.

....that's a crock! IF they WANT to ...they CAN get in touch with ANY venue on the property in some way, form, or means. Whomever you spoke with ....I guess ...is running low on their daily recommended allowance of "magical attitude". There seems to be an epidemic of that going on there in the recent past ......

lilclerk

No luck. According to Disney Dining, Crystal Palace is a telephone free environment.
I think they would just suggest you buy them a gift card anyway. I don't think the restaurants will take phone payments anymore.

....that's a crock! IF they WANT to ...they CAN get in touch with ANY venue on the property in some way, form, or means. Whomever you spoke with ....I guess ...is running low on their daily recommended allowance of "magical attitude". There seems to be an epidemic of that going on there in the recent past ......
Having worked in call centers for many years, I can say the phone CMs probably don't have the phone number, or they are only allowed to transfer in extreme circumstances with supervisor permission. I'm sure it has nothing to do with their attitude. I worked for a bank call center and there were hundreds of branches where there was no phone number available even internally for us to call. The branches didn't want to deal with customers over the phone. I'm sure some of the busier Disney restaurants are the same way.
Not excusing it, just saying.
bth_smiley_shrug.gif

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster

I was told that I could get them a gift card. When I pointed out that I was in New Jersey, and they were in Florida, and it would be tough to deliver said gift card, I got the, oh that's right, that's too bad line. So, that didn't go that well.

But it's the thought that counts, right???

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
I think they would just suggest you buy them a gift card anyway. I don't think the restaurants will take phone payments anymore.

Yes, a gift card. But as I pointed out above, I am in NJ, they are in The Happiest Place on earth. Oh well. I thought it would be a nice little moment when the check arrived and it was paid for. Get em next time.

HollyAD

Is there anyway for you to buy a gift card over the phone and have it delivered to their room? Then they could use it for a different meal while they are there.

JerseyDad

Having worked in call centers for many years, I can say the phone CMs probably don't have the phone number, or they are only allowed to transfer in extreme circumstances with supervisor permission. I'm sure it has nothing to do with their attitude. I worked for a bank call center and there were hundreds of branches where there was no phone number available even internally for us to call. The branches didn't want to deal with customers over the phone. I'm sure some of the busier Disney restaurants are the same way.
Not excusing it, just saying.
bth_smiley_shrug.gif

....it has EVERYTHING to do with their attitude. Disney wants to have this all knowing / all seeing electronic-computerized MDE system ....and FP+ ....and they can't work out how to get a meal billed to your credit card?
I was in WDW in Aug/Sept ....and was met with "I can't do that / I didn't do it / I won't do that" attitude from numerous CM's ....starting with the witch behind the counter at check-in. It's a big flaming downward spiral and no one wants to take responsibility. Yet ...you sit in your resort room and they pump 24/7 visions of "magical days" and experiences at you or try to get you to buy into the DVC at every turn because it makes for "magical vacations".

...the call center person only needed to get a supervisor ....whom ...as I have seen in the past ...possesses a greater amount of 'magic' than the rank and file "Disneyites", and then they should toe the company line and make the magic happen. But that's not happening anywhere in the WDW system lately. My daughter has several friends that did the WDW College Intern Program and now work there permanently ....and they tell her that the conditions & atmosphere are almost unbearable. When a standard CM looks to a supervisor for "help" ...apparently it is now frowned upon because it's perceived as "well I can't do the job I'm assigned and need someone to hold my hand" ...so it's become a system of not taking that extra step for fear of criticism.

....bottom line is that if a WDW eatery can take your credit card to make a reservation ...and penalize you if said reservation is not kept ...then thay can work out getting a meal paid for. They chose not to ....

NYwdwfan

If they are staying on property (or probably even if not) you can call the hotel directly and add a credit to their room. If they already paid in full they are probably charging things to the room - tips, souveniers, alcoholic beverages? - and you can offset that cost for them. Someone did this a few years ago for us - we got back to the room and there was a message to call the front desk and thye told us we had a credit compliments of the person.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Is there anyway for you to buy a gift card over the phone and have it delivered to their room? Then they could use it for a different meal while they are there.

Yeah, I could do that. But that sorta feels like just mailing them a $100 bill. I wanted to make a nice moment, not just give them $$$. lol. My fault for waiting till the last minute. They are still there fro 5 more days, maybe I can sort something out.

lilclerk

....it has EVERYTHING to do with their attitude.

I'm not defending poor customer service or a snotty attitude, that's inexcusable. I just think you're giving the frontline CMs and supervisors a little too much credit in the current Disney environment. It's entirely possible that even a supervisor wouldn't have access to the phone number if the restaurant doesn't want it given out.

I'm not talking about the FP/MM+ disaster here, those are real complaints that should be sent to Guest Communications where they can be (hopefully) monitored and (hopefully) changed. Complaining to a frontline CM does nothing.

Sorry... I didn't mean to hijack the thread, I'm done now.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
If they are staying on property (or probably even if not) you can call the hotel directly and add a credit to their room. If they already paid in full they are probably charging things to the room - tips, souveniers, alcoholic beverages? - and you can offset that cost for them. Someone did this a few years ago for us - we got back to the room and there was a message to call the front desk and thye told us we had a credit compliments of the person.

There's an idea. A touch more personal and fun then a gift card.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
I'm not defending poor customer service or a snotty attitude, that's inexcusable. I just think you're giving the frontline CMs and supervisors a little too much credit in the current Disney environment. It's entirely possible that even a supervisor wouldn't have access to the phone number if the restaurant doesn't want it given out.

I'm not talking about the FP/MM+ disaster here, those are real complaints that should be sent to Guest Communications where they can be (hopefully) monitored and (hopefully) changed. Complaining to a frontline CM does nothing.

Sorry... I didn't mean to hijack the thread, I'm done now.

Hijack away. My query has been satisfied. Crystal Palace has no phones, question answered. lol

HollyAD

Yeah, I could do that. But that sorta feels like just mailing them a $100 bill. I wanted to make a nice moment, not just give them $$$. lol. My fault for waiting till the last minute. They are still there fro 5 more days, maybe I can sort something out.
I agree it would be nicer to surprise them with a paid for meal! What a nice treat.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We received a gift through Disney floral on our trip. A plush Mickey and some gift cards for the kids. It was a wonderful surprise. If they have other meals coming up could you get Disney Floral to arrange the gift card to come to their table with a note from you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom