Paying for Fastpass

FutureCEO

Original Poster
I have never heard of legitimate rumour about this so hence it's not in that section.

If Disney charged for it a couple years from now, would you use it? I can see them giving out 2 free fastpass ride per day and then charging a bit for extra. For there's only 2 or so rides you need for fastpass except at the MK and people would go bonkers if Disney started charging for it.

wendysue

Nope. Already hate what they've done to it enough to not come back next year. Certainly wouldn't pay extra for it.

TomP

I stated in another thread that I thought that "paid FP" was the next step, though I think that Disney will "package it" and make it a perk for on-site guests...with premium prices, of course.

BigTxEars

I stated in another thread that I thought that "paid FP" was the next step, though I think that Disney will "package it" and make it a perk for on-site guests...with premium prices, of course.

I can see them making extra FPs per day part of a resort package. Makes sense to up the benefits of staying onsite. Uni already does this of course, free EP if you stay at most rooms onsite or pay for it out of pocket. It's a viable option IMO.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I have never heard of legitimate rumour about this so hence it's not in that section.

If Disney charged for it a couple years from now, would you use it? I can see them giving out 2 free fastpass ride per day and then charging a bit for extra. For there's only 2 or so rides you need for fastpass except at the MK and people would go bonkers if Disney started charging for it.

Worst. Idea. Ever..... That just makes them look like they're giving into Universal's strategies.. Which, if they keep using FP+ like they are now, that would probably be the better way to go...

The smarter idea is to go back to the paper fastpass system.. First people in the park that commit to getting on that attraction deserve fast passes.. All this planning ahead stuff is just beyond stupid and I'm imagining is a lot more complex to understand for the older folks (not trying to offend anyone.. I'm just saying.. When I was at EPCOT, I can't count the number of times I've heard old people complaining about how to use the system.)

mergatroid

We can all guess and speculate but I doubt anyone really knows for sure, maybe not even Disney yet. I would guess they've had the 'numbers guys' doing their thing since the implementation of the new FP+ system. They'll have been checking stats and seeing what patterns turn up though it may be a bit early to get any conclusive pictures yet. I'm certain when they changed the tech they did it to make a profit rather than to make it better for the guest at Disney's expense. They may well have set targets to increase onsite guests by giving them priority to book FP+'s, if they successfully hit those targets then they may have already decided that was their goal and no need to charge for them and trump Universal. On the other hand if the numbers don't add up (whatever they may be?) then there's the option of charging, though I'm hoping they don't go down that road as my philosophy is once you've paid to enter you've paid to ride.

BigTxEars

Worst. Idea. Ever..... That just makes them look like they're giving into Universal's strategies.. Which, if they keep using FP+ like they are now, that would probably be the better way to go...

The smarter idea is to go back to the paper fastpass system.. First people in the park that commit to getting on that attraction deserve fast passes.. All this planning ahead stuff is just beyond stupid and I'm imagining is a lot more complex to understand for the older folks (not trying to offend anyone.. I'm just saying.. When I was at EPCOT, I can't count the number of times I've heard old people complaining about how to use the system.)

I know what your saying about the first people in the park ( I am never one BTW) but that idealogy is not as true as it once was. I remember in the "old days" for sporting events or concerts that you wanted a ticket for you had to go somewhere and stand inline to get tickets when they went on sale. Now you go online as often as not and fight your way into the electronic line to get tickets. Same with iPhones for example, the old way (all of a few years ago!) was to stand inline at an Apple store and now you can preorder on line ahead of time. Look at the ability to shop online, pick out and pay for an item and walk into a retail store and pick up your item without even passing the front desk. And it not just big items, you can do a bag of dog food that way at Wal-Mart. It's just a different society we live in.

WondersOfLife

I know what your saying about the first people in the park ( I am never one BTW) but that idealogy is not as true as it once was. I remember in the "old days" for sporting events or concerts that you wanted a ticket for you had to go somewhere and stand inline to get tickets when they went on sale. Now you go online as often as not and fight your way into the electronic line to get tickets. Same with iPhones for example, the old way (all of a few years ago!) was to stand inline at an Apple store and now you can preorder on line ahead of time. Look at the ability to shop online, pick out and pay for an item and walk into a retail store and pick up your item without even passing the front desk. And it not just big items, you can do a bag of dog food that way at Wal-Mart. It's just a different society we live in.

For once, I can actually understand someone else's point of view on this site! Well said..

copcarguyp71

With the previous iteration of FP I would probably be willing to pay for it. Since MM+ and FP+ and Magic Bands have chased our family away altogether for the foreseeable future I would definitely not pay for it in it's current form. They have developed a system that locks you into one park thus making you wander aimlessly through stores while waiting for your FP time and thus spending more money. Sorry....I refuse to be mindless cattle being led to slaughter.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Just curious as to how many not old people you heard complaining about the system.

copcarguyp71

All this planning ahead stuff is just beyond stupid and I'm imagining is a lot more complex to understand for the older folks (not trying to offend anyone.. I'm just saying.. When I was at EPCOT, I can't count the number of times I've heard old people complaining about how to use the system.)

I am guessing you had a clue you would in fact offend...what exactly constitutes and "old person"? At what age does it happen? There are many "kids" I see today that look like they are half a step away from needing a drool cup with their mouths hanging agape and heels slapping the ground because they are too slack in their ways to even pick their feet up as they walk and yet somehow I do not take the stance that all young people are slackers. On the other end of the spectrum I saw a news story the other day about a 114 year old getting their own Facebook account.

All I am saying is to watch the gross generalizations my friend lest they come back to bite you in the butt!

BigTxEars

With the previous iteration of FP I would probably be willing to pay for it. Since MM+ and FP+ and Magic Bands have chased our family away altogether for the foreseeable future I would definitely not pay for it in it's current form. They have developed a system that locks you into one park thus making you wander aimlessly through stores while waiting for your FP time and thus spending more money. Sorry....I refuse to be mindless cattle being led to slaughter.

So I am mindless cattle because I like Magic Bands and FP+?

WondersOfLife

I am guessing you had a clue you would in fact offend...what exactly constitutes and "old person"? At what age does it happen? There are many "kids" I see today that look like they are half a step away from needing a drool cup with their mouths hanging agape and heels slapping the ground because they are too slack in their ways to even pick their feet up as they walk and yet somehow I do not take the stance that all young people are slackers. On the other end of the spectrum I saw a news story the other day about a 114 year old getting their own Facebook account.

All I am saying is to watch the gross generalizations my friend lest they come back to bite you in the butt!

-going through my list of witty comebacks furiously... flip.. flip.. flip..-

comeback18.gif

mergatroid

Not trying to cause trouble but I think he was referring to somebody your age, perhaps even a not so subtle way of signposting you personally in everything but name :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom