Pay-Per-Ride Attractions

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
About a year ago, there were lots of rumors surrounding the future of Discovery Island, and how it would be turned into an exclusive pay-per-use experience. This hasnt yet happened, although we know from interviews with people like Marty Sklar, that these types of attraction are seen as being the wave of the future.

I was wondering what are your thoughts on this type of themepark experience? Would you be prepared to pay, say $50 for a 2 hour attraction experience, where you are part of the action for the full 2 hours?

Other ideas/suggestions that have been tossed around include a more elebaorate version of Tower of Terror, where small tour groups are lead through the Hotel, with a high degree of special effects thrown in for good measure. The 30 minute tour would be priced ontop of your normal admission cost.
NOTE: This are just ideas/suggesitons - I am not saying WDW are seriously looking at this! :)

So what do you think?

:D

DanStat

It's OK

It's an OK idea...I don't know if I would do it though. I don't think you should have to pay to do it once you are inside the park...maybe make a new hopper pass. You get the admission to the park, and the other attractions.

Pay-per-ride attractions are also not hardly the most popular attractions in the park.

That's just my opinion.

cindy-rella

Re: It's OK

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
It's an OK idea...I don't know if I would do it though. I don't think you should have to pay to do it once you are inside the park...maybe make a new hopper pass. You get the admission to the park, and the other attractions.

Pay-per-ride attractions are also not hardly the most popular attractions in the park.

That's just my opinion.

I like the idea of adding it to a new hopper pass. I think they would have more success doing it that way. It would be something I would probably try on one of my trips. We are going to DisneyQuest this time on our trip during Thanksgiving. It's something new we've never done and my teenage son is just thrilled to be able to go.

Beauty and the

I think it's a great idea, as DI isn't in any other park then it seems to make sense that it will be individually priced and/or added on to a hopper pass. It could easily be developed into something entirely new and the position and size of the island lends it's self perfectly to an air of exclusiveness. I'm sure people would be prepared to pay large sums of money for an extra special place, you only have to look at the sucess of Discovery Cove to know that people love to be given the VIP treatment.

markymark

Thats exactly what I was thinking Beauty. I think people who have experienced Discovery Cove, would be more than happy to pay extra for something really special.

I personally would be quite happy to pay an extra $50 for a truly different experience.

Scooter

Really it wouldn't be any different than Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party or the Not So Scary Halloween Party. People flock to these events because they feel they are getting a "Bonus" and seeing something special and differant.

Sounds like a good idea but it would probably work better if they only did it 3 or 4 times a month.

Disney Quest failed here in Chicago because people weren't going during the day, only on weekends.

Lance

I like the idea, if it costs extra, I wouldn't do it, because I am a cheapo.

Discovery Island cost extra, so it would just be a more expensive and different experience.

Tink

What's Discovery Cove?

And I think it is a good idea. Especially if it was the type of attraction that lasted, as Steve said, like 2 hours at a shot. Something totally interactive, radical and realistic would be cool. Has anyone ever seen the 1970's movie Westworld? Something like that would be cool without the killer Yul Brynner robot, of course! :p

DQ in Chicago is closed. They couldn't get the guests to continue to operate it. It closed in September I believe. We walked past it in May but didn't feel like dropping $20+ to go into an arcade.

DanStat

DisneyQuest

I love DisneyQuest! I can't beleive the one in Chicago closed!

Some of my favorite Disney memories are at the DisneyQuest in Orlando though! We went on a school trip...a long story!

But...going back to the PPR, I would prolly do it if they had a Pay-Per-Ride attraction...

Tink

Originally posted by Beauty and the
Originally posted by Tink
What's Discovery Cove?

a fanastic day out that can include aDolphin swim owned by the same company as Sea World, there's loads of info on it in the Sea Worls section of theis forum.

Oh, that explains why I never heard of it! I never venture out of the Disney related sections of the forum, except for chit chat! :p

Sounds like fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom