Pavillion Layout (Renderings Inside)

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Ok, now, since noone has any ideas about how the pavillion will be rendered, here is mine. Enjoy! - The WeirdOne :D

P.S. - This Is The First Floor.

Attachments

• shiftingskiespropsedlayout1.jpg
    shiftingskiespropsedlayout1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 162

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Here Is Another. - The WeirdOne :D

P.S. - This Is Floor 2.

Attachments

• shiftingskiespropsedlayout2.jpg
    shiftingskiespropsedlayout2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 148

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Here Is The Last One. - The WeirdOne :D

P.S. - This Is The Roof Area.

Attachments

• shiftingskiespropsedlayout3.jpg
    shiftingskiespropsedlayout3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 140

WeirdOne

Original Poster
We originally had the pavillion shaped like mickey. All of the pavillions have distinct shapes, so we decieded to go with Mickey. Weather Works are the part entitled Labs! I just forgot the name and wrote Labs! Anyone else care to comment? - The WeirdOne :D

P.S. - figmentdream (and anyone else), any suggestions, improvements, etc?

Oh okay then if Weather Works is the "Labs!" area :D

Only major thing I can think of would be to structure the shops and restaurants around the perimeter of the main circle on the ground floor to yield something like this: (BTW what are these Teacups of which you speak)

WeirdOne

Original Poster
That was my idea, it is just kindof hard to do that in illustrator you know. These teacups that I speak of were an idea that we originally had and I have no clue if we canceled them or whatnot. I'll find the topic. Gimme a few minutes. But, you guys like the layout. I'm waiting on Chad, because it is really only us three doing work here. - The WeirdOne :D

The "teacups" idea sounds pretty good, here are a few suggestions/ideas I have for them:

-Name: Storm Swirl or Storm Swirler

-I can see the cars go two ways, one as proposed have each car be a "weather" object or could they not be themed to be weather research pods that are being sent up into a storm unlike no other, one that has been created by many different types of storms being swirled together. We seem to have had a very scientific theme to the pavilion so far, and while I like the rain drop, snowflake ect, it might seem odd to be riding in them. One obvious solution is that you were shrunk to the size of them, but then like the wind and tornado cars would have to be cut, it just seems easier to have "pods" in fact they could even have a clear plastic lid that could close on top of them.

-I would also suggest that the whole ride be put inside a dome. So that images could be projected onto the inside of the dome, of a swirling storm and other weather effects.

BTW: I do all of my diagrams on Power Point

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Well, I wouldn't develop the tea cups yet, I have no clue if we can to proceed with them or not. Noone was sold on them and people didn't really like the idea. Where's Chad, he'll solve all of this! - The WeirdOne :D

Figment1986

Just wondering, who came up with having the pavilion beaing a hidden mickey, And if i remember right, the largest hidden mickey disney ever has? That's got to be huge, if you didn't remember MGM had the largest one, The chinese theater is at the botton of the chin, and echo lake was one ear, and a building was a nother one. But when they built The sun set aria, it destroyed the other ear. I don't remember how large it was, but it was in the record books.I remember seaing it from helicopter on tv during one of the old X-mas parades.

Yea, the more I think about it the "teacups" would be rather problematic and don't really fit in EPCOT. May it is not such a good idea after all, hmmmm Chad what do you think, or anyone else for that matter...if not teacups what in it's place then?

WeirdOne

Original Poster
I personally love the tea cups idea as long as it's properly themed. No harm in SOME 'ol fashioned fun at EPCOT. - The WeirdOne :D

Well, as much as you or I for that matter may not mind some good ol' fun in EPCOT, the main goal is to be educational in some way, and I don’t see that happening much with a well themed version of teacups per say.

If we would decide not to go with the ride I was thinking some sort of complex fountain, possibly interactive could be but in the center with a large cloud canopy on top that would , rain in variations of heaviness and produce other weather related effects, for interaction there could be podiums with a button and a type of weather written and the type of weather could be simulated in part of the fountain structure.

Just some thoughts:)

WeirdOne

Original Poster
oh! Oh! OH! I got an idea! *frantically waves hand* I say this in an Imagineering book.

The Tower Of The Four Winds for It's A Small World.

Its a twoer/sculpture/mobile thingie that very clarly represents weahter. CONSTANT CHANGE! That could be the center piece of the pavillion under the dome. - The WeirdOne :D

Chad

What The...?

Sorry, I didn't even know this thread existed! I normally just go from the links in the e-mails..Oh well..Here's my two cents..

The hidden mickey thing really holds very little leverage with me..I'd rather see a functional building without three circles, then a cramped building that is part of an 'inside joke'. Anywho..

I like the fountain idea, make the pavillion three stories tall, and make the fountain/mobile extend ALL the way, and make it interactive all the from top to bottom...Like Clouds on level three..Rain on level 2 and wind/pressure levels on level one..all controlled by people standing around it..And then have those 'talk tube' things so the people will have to coordinate activities...
(for example..If the people on level two REALLY wanted it too pour, they'd have to convince the cloud guys On level three to make some Cumulus Nimbus clouds, and if the cloud guys wanted to make the nimbus clouds, they'd have to convince the guys on the bottom to lay off the high pressure (which would cause the wind to be stronger) so they can build up their clouds..This would become an attraction in itself...

I still think my external design would work fine..and it looks nothing like mission space..

WeirdOne

Original Poster
So, lemme get this straight, we are dumping the hidden mickey idea because you feel it is cramped. IT DOES TOO LOOK LIKE MISSION: SPACE :fork:! I don't like the design. Maybe I would agree to it if you droped the sprial things on the side. Those don't work for me. Sorry.

Also, the thing you described. I'm sorry, no way I agree to that. I see a giant mobile that extends from floor to ceiling and when guests press on certain buttons in group floor, things happen on the mobile. (EX - When guests press the black button, the clouds spin causing glitter to sprinkle out like rain. Whe they press the yellow button the sun revolves around and it glows all shades of yellow. ETC. ETC)

I think your idea is just over making this mobile. Think of it like the balloon things in The Land except guests press buttons making them move up and down. Let's not overcomplicate a simple mobile.

Again, this is all IMHO. Please FEEL FREE. NO, PLEASE DO DISAGREE. Thanks! - The WeirdOne :D

Chad

Geez, that was negative :)

The thing I was talking about IS a mobile...just like a next generation mobile (if there is such a thing) Each level of it would have different things hanging from it...Like the bottom would be TRUE mobile, with Planes, hot air ballons and fun shapes all around it..There would be 4-8 'wind' stations where you would take control of the wind..(Either North, S,E,W,NE,NW,SE,SW) and you would basically use a joy stick to move a blower that would manipulate these objects with wind..But the wind strength would depend on the other two factors on the other floors..Sorry you didn't like it, I just thought it would be a little more Innovative then a simple old mobile you can find in the Land and in Wonders of life..

I still don't see it looking like Mission space..Big ball? Nope.. Glass domes? Weather has em; M:S doesn't..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom