Passholder Summer Offers are Up

rodserling27

Passholders! Act Now—Save up to 30% on Summer Stays at Select Disney Resort Hotels
With great summer rates at Disney Resort hotels, now's the perfect time to plan a spectacular summer vacation that your family will cherish forever. Save up to 30% at select Disney Resort hotels when you book by August 14, 2012 for stays most nights June 15, 2012 through August 14, 2012.

For example, stay in a standard room at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort starting at just $104 per night, plus tax for most Sunday through Thursday nights June 15, 2012 through August 4, 2012. That's a savings of 20%!

Explore example savings across a variety of Disney Resort hotel categories:

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
6/15–7/8/2012 and 7/20–8/14/2012 Value Resort 20%
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
6/15–7/31/2012 Moderate Resort 25%
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort Deluxe Villa Resort 30%

Great Savings at Other Disney Resort Hotels:
In addition to the options above, be sure to check for available savings at other Disney Resort hotels.

The number of rooms available at this rate is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price of the same room. Additional per adult charges may apply if more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts. Minimum stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. See Important Details.

I just called and they wouldn't give the discount on the Pirate themed rooms at CBR...but then she said I'd only be saving $150 off what I already had, so I suppose I'm not broken hearted about it...but I wish the discount was steeper, that would change my mind!

devoy1701

are those rates in line with how they've been over the past couple years? We usually took a trip mid to late August when the Seasonal Pass Blackouts were lifted (this was just 2 yrs ago) and those rates were usally $64/night at the Values and $99/night at the Mods. I can't imagine paying $104/night at an AllStar Resort.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

are those rates in line with how they've been over the past couple years? We usually took a trip mid to late August when the Seasonal Pass Blackouts were lifted (this was just 2 yrs ago) and those rates were usally $64/night at the Values and $99/night at the Mods. I can't imagine paying $104/night at an AllStar Resort.

Personally I think $104 a night is not a bad price for All Stars. When I was looking for a couple of nights in Nov and it was $129. I thought that was a bit high.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Personally I think $104 a night is not a bad price for All Stars. When I was looking for a couple of nights in Nov and it was $129. I thought that was a bit high.

I don't think $104 is bad for Carribean Beach, but I'm not going to pay that for a Value Resort... I'd rather pay an extra $50/night and stay at Bonnet Creek or S&D with a FL Resident Rate. I will go as far to say that $64/night was severely undercutting the market price in Orlando...even 2 years ago...but I think my breaking point for a Value is about $85 including tax...breaking point for a Mod would be $125...I know it's personal preference, but that's what I value the rooms, amenities, location, size of those resorts to be.

Upvote 0

COProgressFan

I don't think $104 is bad for Carribean Beach, but I'm not going to pay that for a Value Resort... I'd rather pay an extra $50/night and stay at Bonnet Creek or S&D with a FL Resident Rate. I will go as far to say that $64/night was severely undercutting the market price in Orlando...even 2 years ago...but I think my breaking point for a Value is about $85 including tax...breaking point for a Mod would be $125...I know it's personal preference, but that's what I value the rooms, amenities, location, size of those resorts to be.

Yeah, I think I agree with your assessment on price. Anything more than maybe $130 seems crazy to me for a Mod, and I don't think I'd ever pay more than $100 for a value.

There are just too many off property choices for equal/better resorts at a much lower price point. And this is coming from someone who ALWAYS used to stay on property, until about 2008 or so. Now sometimes we do and sometimes we don't. The Disney resort pricing has gotten crazy (especially at Deluxes) and it's become more of a game with rack rates getting really high and a stream of never ending discounts. (If rooms are "on sale" for most of the year are they really "on sale"?)

Upvote 0

Becky

Pop is only 5% off and ends 8/14. This is what the GP discount is/was. After 10 years of AP's this is my last as I do not live near Florida and Disney does not seem to place value on AP holders anymore.

Upvote 0

tsaintc

Pop is only 5% off and ends 8/14. This is what the GP discount is/was. After 10 years of AP's this is my last as I do not live near Florida and Disney does not seem to place value on AP holders anymore.

I completely agree. I called @ 830am this morning and was told that they had very limited availability due the previous late summer promo offered to the general public.

For the last 3 years, I have been able to upgrade to moderate for the rack rate price of a value; not this time. Needless to say, I am not feeling the Disney magic today. One less 'benefit' of the AP. But, since I have 30 days booked thru the end of 2012, it is the only option that makes sense.

Upvote 0

TINKER625

When a passholder rate is still too high for a family, there is something wrong. You buy these passes to get the best deal. I also was told by MANY workers in Disney passholders dont use there passes in the stores. You can get 10-20% off total purchase. They dont ask you so most people forget.
You also have to get you money's worth when you get the pass. The prices will probably go up again. For the last 10 years prices goes up.
Why cant they just freeze prices for one year?
Speaking to some workers , they even feel Disney is getting too expensive for family's. DISNEY Should want more and more people to go, but from the prices of things it makes it more difficult.

Upvote 0

Annielkd

Aren't these the same discounts offered to the general public. It doesn't seem any different. Can someone tell me why this is different than what they are offering on the website?

Upvote 0

backinaction

$104 for the discount allstar price? Just confirms the fact that we will probably never stay on property again. When we can pay 30 dollars for a hotel 5 minutes outside Disney, staying on property is making less and less sense. The only real benifits left are EMH and Magical Express.

Upvote 0

rodserling27

Original Poster
$104 for the discount allstar price? Just confirms the fact that we will probably never stay on property again. When we can pay 30 dollars for a hotel 5 minutes outside Disney, staying on property is making less and less sense. The only real benifits left are EMH and Magical Express.

I hate to say this, but I'm starting to be of this mindset. EMH is great, but as a frequent-goer, do I really need them? Not really, especially if you stay long enough.
I was hoping for a great 35% discount or so for CBR...but AP discount is just 5% more than the general public? Disappointing. I'm torn as to whether I'll renew my AP or not. Must think about this one...

Upvote 0

devoy1701

I hate to say this, but I'm starting to be of this mindset. EMH is great, but as a frequent-goer, do I really need them? Not really, especially if you stay long enough.
I was hoping for a great 35% discount or so for CBR...but AP discount is just 5% more than the general public? Disappointing. I'm torn as to whether I'll renew my AP or not. Must think about this one...

I miss the days when you could get 35% off CBR and 40% WL... $104/night at a Value is really a joke as an AP discount...not when I can stay at the Swan for $145 during the same time frame or for about $20 more stay at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to EMH...unless they overhaul the system for it, such as having an extra park open, or bring back something like E-Ticket Nights...there are just too many rooms on property now and too many people taking advantage of EMH to make it a true benefit anymore (yes yes, i know someone will chime in and say "but you can go to the morning EMH! :rolleyes:)

My price point for CBR for the summer is $99-$119/night. We did it every August from 2007-2010, We stayed at ASMusic once as well for $64/night, WL for $159/night. We used to log 12-15 days a year at the resorts taking advantage of those offers. But there's no way I'm paying $104/night for an All Star Resort.

I guess the mindset at TDO/WDW is that the benefit of being an AP holder shouldn't extend beyond your repeated entry to the parks. You would think they would realize I spent a lot more though when they gave me 30-40% off room rates and 20% all merchandise locations and more discounts on food.

Upvote 0

mickeyt

Agree. Same here. Not renewing this year. And now that I can get TIW with DVC it's a done deal.

Upvote 0

Innkeeper's Club

As an Annual Pass holder I am happy they keep releasing more discounts for the resorts, however these rates are not as good to be Bounceback rate I got for this coming August which was 35% off the a Standard Club Level Room at the Boardwalk Inn. At that time when I made that reservation there wasn't any AP rates or general public discount rates available, so I didn't want to play the waiting game and reserved the Bounceback rate when I was able to. Finally since the AP rates are until August 14, 2012 that wouldn't have worked out for me since I got the Bounceback rate I got is from August 9, 2012 - August 23, 2012.

Upvote 0

menamechris

I suppose this is the scaling back of discounts that we were warned about. I think Disney will begin pressing the envelope on prices until guests start pressing back with their wallets...

Upvote 0

stitch34

I am extremely disappointed with the lousy AP rates. Waited so long for them to come out and then they are lousy.

First the max is only 30%... and why so many resorts forgotten and only at 5%? Last November noticed POFQ and Movies had no true deal - just seems more and more restrictions on which resorts get a good AP rate.
Pop? 5%? really?

You plan your trip, do your ADRs and have a resort in mind - just to finally have AP come out and it's 5%. Okay, let's try our backup plan resort - nope, that's 5% also!

We're doing a split stay. Last night the kids want Movies - best could do was $146 with AAA rate. In many cases, the AAA is better than the AP rate. Really?

Just pretty bummed about the lack of discount offered. Have noticed the last few rounds of AP rates getting worse and worse, but this is really bad!

And why announce the GP rate before the AP?

Is Disney really actually filling these resorts, let's take Poly for instance, that well at rack rate that AP is only 5%?

Well, am done booking my resorts for this upcoming trip - savings not what I hoped for, that's for sure.
Next is the wait for AP for our late Nov/Dec trip - trying to figure out where we'll stay, based on where MAY have a decent rate? Planned on Pop for bulk of trip - but this go round they only got 5% too! Same with the couple nights we wanted to do WL next trip - guessing not, as that is only 5% this batch of AP rates.

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

We are SO happy that we used the spring offers and go in 10 days, because our major resort will be the Pop, the minor the Yacht Club and we got good rates as AP-holders. That summer offer is far less convincing, especially for the Pop it's a sick joke! Five percent?
I am sure that we will not renew our premium annual passes, we will not return to WDW after this trip for a couple of years, after all we have never been to DL and after the opening of Cars Land this is definitely a must. And the rates for WDW-resorts are becoming increasingly insane, even with an AP this will be probably the last time we stay at a deluxe resort.
We will not return to WDW at least before the FLE ist completed. And then we will stay at Dolphin or Swan! All perks of a stay at a Disney deluxe resort (with the exception of room billing and magical express) but half the prices and less!

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

Last fall we got a great deal on the Wilderness Lodge, 30% off. That was the only way we would be able to stay there was with that discount. We really wanted the Poly but the discount wasn't enough for us. For our trip last week, we had a regular woods view room booked at WL for $660 for 2 nights. We ended up renting points for a studio room at the villas for $520. Same set up as a regular room, plus a fridge. It saved us $140 and it worked out great.

For our fall trip we have free dining booked but it's just so much food we're thinking of changing it to a room with just the regular discount. 7 nights at All Star Sports for $251 per person. BUT - upon further research, we can rent points and stay at the Boardwalk Villas in a studio for $311 a person. A bigger room, premium location and deluxe ameneties for $60 more a person? It seems like the way to go. I still have a few more things to check out but it seems like renting points is the way to go if you want deluxe ameneties without shelling out the big bucks!

Unfortunately, people are still paying those high rates for rooms and until people stop paying those prices, Disney will keep raising them. It's a good business move on their part, just doesn't seem fair to us. It is really expensive to take a family there.. It used to be about bringing guests in.. Now it's more about making a buck. It's sad.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Last fall we got a great deal on the Wilderness Lodge, 30% off. That was the only way we would be able to stay there was with that discount. We really wanted the Poly but the discount wasn't enough for us. For our trip last week, we had a regular woods view room booked at WL for $660 for 2 nights. We ended up renting points for a studio room at the villas for $520. Same set up as a regular room, plus a fridge. It saved us $140 and it worked out great.

For our fall trip we have free dining booked but it's just so much food we're thinking of changing it to a room with just the regular discount. 7 nights at All Star Sports for $251 per person. BUT - upon further research, we can rent points and stay at the Boardwalk Villas in a studio for $311 a person. A bigger room, premium location and deluxe ameneties for $60 more a person? It seems like the way to go. I still have a few more things to check out but it seems like renting points is the way to go if you want deluxe ameneties without shelling out the big bucks!

Unfortunately, people are still paying those high rates for rooms and until people stop paying those prices, Disney will keep raising them. It's a good business move on their part, just doesn't seem fair to us. It is really expensive to take a family there.. It used to be about bringing guests in.. Now it's more about making a buck. It's sad.

$660 for two nights at the WL with a Woods View is CRAZY! The most I've paid there was $225 for a Courtyard View Room and the lowest was $144. Guess we won't be staying at the WL again! :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom