Party Season 2021

TTA94

Not surprised at all. Exactly what I thought would happen and a “Stay tuned for more” thing. I still think most dates will sell out, but not as many or as fast as they would if fireworks were announced. Also makes me think we may get a announcement for regular fireworks before a announcement for the Halloween event.

Touchdown

The fact they mention the event won’t start until 9:30 in Aug/Sept seems to heavily suggest HEA will be running by then (9 is a little too early for it to be dark in the summer.)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Let me guess... full time Halloween (like Christmas Week).
Well, I guessed wrong...

jrhwdw

The fact they mention the event won’t start until 9:30 in Aug/Sept seems to heavily suggest HEA will be running by then (9 is a little too early for it to be dark in the summer.)
My thought exacly, if it's just like the other "Disney After Hours" before COVID with HEA for all guests, it doesn't look so bad....

What bothers me is was Boo Bash always planned or did it strangely change overnight? We were thinking MNSSHP 2021 yesterday!

havoc315

Stupid insiders didn't even tell us a world-wide pandemic was coming!!!

Credit where credit is due:
@Parker-in-nyc anticipated a major effect on WDW several weeks before it really came to fruition, back when most Disney fans and insiders were basically saying, "maybe Disney will add some handwashing stations."

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I took the announcement today as in, We still are not ready to pull the bandaid off yet, but let’s wait and see what the coming weeks or months bring.

Questioning why they changed it to a After Hours event instead of a “Party Night”. 🤔
Lower capacity and cost to run, I’d imagine. Fear over issues with people who had already reserved a “full day” in the park?

Ensuring the park can close to day guests after sunset suggests they are giving themselves the opportunity for a future nighttime entertainment offering.

havoc315

Dark enough for fireworks about an hour after sunset. For the Boo Bash dates, the latest sunset -- the first date -- Is 8:09 pm. Really, they could probably do a 9:00 pm or 9:15 pm HEA. But that would be more consistent with a 10pm Boo Bash start, not 9:30

So yes, 9:30 pm for the first few Boo Bash nights could suggest 9:00-9:15pm fireworks start times.

For example, Saturday August 11, 2018 had HEA at 9:15 pm but After Hours began at 10pm
August 8, 2019 -- HEA at 9:00 pm, Villains night starts at 10pm
August 1, 2019 -- a pretty late sunset (8:16 pm), they HEA at 9:15 pm and After-hours started at 10pm

So looking at the history -- 9:30 Boo Bash really isn't consistent with fireworks. If it was a 10pm start time, then I'd buy it.

Touchdown

Dark enough for fireworks about an hour after sunset. For the Boo Bash dates, the latest sunset -- the first date -- Is 8:09 pm. Really, they could probably do a 9:00 pm or 9:15 pm HEA. But that would be more consistent with a 10pm Boo Bash start, not 9:30

So yes, 9:30 pm for the first few Boo Bash nights could suggest 9:00-9:15pm fireworks start times.

For example, Saturday August 11, 2018 had HEA at 9:15 pm but After Hours began at 10pm
August 8, 2019 -- HEA at 9:00 pm, Villains night starts at 10pm
August 1, 2019 -- a pretty late sunset (8:16 pm), they HEA at 9:15 pm and After-hours started at 10pm

So looking at the history -- 9:30 Boo Bash really isn't consistent with fireworks. If it was a 10pm start time, then I'd buy it.
Why delay it at all then? It doesn’t make sense.

havoc315

Why delay it at all then? It doesn’t make sense.

Why not make it 8pm or 10pm.... They simply might anticipate high enough crowds to give regular day guests until 9:30 pm.
A 9 pm close would actually be fairly early for many August/September nights.
And it may be as simple as anticipating some minor 50th Anniversary stage show starting 9pm night after October 1st.

I'm not ruling out fireworks. Just saying I wouldn't read it into the 9:30 start time.

jrhwdw

Why not make it 8pm or 10pm.... They simply might anticipate high enough crowds to give regular day guests until 9:30 pm.
A 9 pm close would actually be fairly early for many August/September nights.
And it may be as simple as anticipating some minor 50th Anniversary stage show starting 9pm night after October 1st.

I'm not ruling out fireworks. Just saying I wouldn't read it into the 9:30 start time.
You mean a full HEA with a 50th Tag Correct? Or are we just going get a 30 sec Tag and not the rest of HEA?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
There has to be a reason for starting half an hour later in the early weeks. There’s no reason to pay CMs to stay an extra 30min unless they have to.

For the record, I still don’t even know if the 50th tag is on HEA. I know there are fireworks in the works and there were some concerns about a hub-centric show. Today’s announcement largely just punts and providing details but leaves the window open for the company.

havoc315

There has to be a reason for starting half an hour later in the early weeks. There’s no reason to pay CMs to stay an extra 30min unless they have to.

For the record, I still don’t even know if the 50th tag is on HEA. I know there are fireworks in the works and there were some concerns about a hub-centric show. Today’s announcement largely just punts and providing details but leaves the window open for the company.
I wouldn't read too much into that half hour.
In past years, when they had fireworks at 9:15, they didn't start after hours until 10pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom