Party Season 2021

Robbydj13

That's still a long ways away. I like the way we are headed. And we have plenty of time to get there.

Even if they announce MNSSHP with some restrictions, they can easily remove those restrictions as things continue to improve. I'd expect they would err on the side of caution in their announcements and add things instead of taking them away.
It is a ways away, but its more likely than not that it is going to happen, so I would like an announcement so I can buy tix and do some more planning! LOL I can't imagine we won't be mostly back to normal at Disney by then. And by normal I mean, no masks, and parks back to at capacity with parades, fireworks, and dining again.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
GR will be a cluster if reservations are still needed and those with the MK booked suddenly see their days curtailed.
THIS!!!! My first thought was YES things are moving in the right direction... Then it was CRAP now I will have to move my days around to maximize my MK days... Sad thing is we will be there in August and I am trying to avoid a Halloween Party.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
@MansionButler84 Did they decide yet on requiring tickets or reservations other than park reservations for regular fireworks?
I believe they decided NOT to require them in Epcot, partially because we will be paying for them many nights at MK. Paying at both parks (and Fantasmic! unless they wait longer for it) was deemed too chintzy even for Chapek. And with 3 feet of distancing, Epcot can manage. I have not heard about HEA. One proposal was to have parties start first to work out the kinks and have “normal” fireworks return on non-party nights starting 10/1.

Weather_Lady

Regardless of the rules in place by then they are going to have to prep for this. Fastpasses, people eater shows, more busses, longer hours, etc
I'm not so sure. We've visited in the past at times when we were convinced WDW would "have" to increase park hours or otherwise adjust capacity to accommodate a predictable surge in crowds (e.g., President's Day week, Thanksgiving week, both 9-10/10 on the touringplans crowd level scale). WDW -- like Katiebug's "Sam" of old -- did nothing. Attractions operated with partial capacity (this was pre-COVID, so full capacity was a viable option), park hours stayed short (every park closed nearly every day at 8pm or 9pm) with no additional EMH. Bus depots and the TTC overflowed with frustrated guests because there was no increase in transportation... Disney just shrugged and let it happen, knowing it already had everybody's money.

I don't trust WDW to do anything to "prep" for crowds anymore -- except to increase the daily ticket price for the days when more guests are expected.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

I believe they decided NOT to require them in Epcot, partially because we will be paying for them many nights at MK. Paying at both parks (and Fantasmic! unless they wait longer for it) was deemed too chintzy even for Chapek. And with 3 feet of distancing, Epcot can manage. I have not heard about HEA. One proposal was to have parties start first to work out the kinks and have “normal” fireworks return on non-party nights starting 10/1.
With an impressive HEA 50th Tag Hopefully?

Weather_Lady

THIS!!!! My first thought was YES things are moving in the right direction... Then it was CRAP now I will have to move my days around to maximize my MK days... Sad thing is we will be there in August and I am trying to avoid a Halloween Party.
Same! Historically, it looks like Tuesdays and Fridays are the August days to avoid if you want to work around the party. We'll have to wait and see, though. I know my inner Karen is going to start raging if WDW decides to wait until the last minute -- as in, anytime after 60 days out when dining ADRs are already made and park reservations start to become unavailable -- to announce the dates.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Same! Historically, it looks like Tuesdays and Fridays are the August days to avoid if you want to work around the party. We'll have to wait and see, though. I know my inner Karen is going to start raging if WDW decides to wait until the last minute -- as in, anytime after 60 days out when dining ADRs are already made and park reservations start to become unavailable -- to announce the dates.
They won’t wait that long.

Tom P.

Any idea how early they're looking to start the parties this year?

TTA94

"We're pleased to announce MNSSHP, starting June 1!!! Get even more time to celebrate the spookiest season with Mickey and friends!!! Tickets starting at only $129.99/guest."

June would be ridiculous lol. Not for Epcot though lol. Not going to hold my breath though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom