Party Season 2021

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Lower capacity = higher prices. It’s the Disney Way.
If I don’t have to park in one place for 2 hours of the party to ensure my kids will see a parade and fireworks, I am all for it.

In 2019, my kids were 6 years old, so 10 pm was about their limit. That basically meant we had to rush through trick or treating or any ride overlays by 8:00 if we wanted to see the entertainment.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If I don’t have to park in one place for 2 hours of the party to ensure my kids will see a parade and fireworks, I am all for it.

In 2019, my kids were 6 years old, so 10 pm was about their limit. That basically meant we had to rush through trick or treating or any ride overlays by 8:00 if we wanted to see the entertainment.

I can sympathize. We’re well past the age of our kids being interested in trick or treating (except for the free candy piece. Teenagers... They can take or leave fireworks these days depending on their moods on any given day 😉). But when we did attend a Halloween party or two, it wasn’t as big of an issue for us since they didn’t sell 472,000 tickets to each party and decent viewing spots were available even 15-30 minutes beforehand. Ahh the good ol’ days... 😂

Tom P.

Yes. A decision has been made. Some will be happy; some won’t.
I've read the predictions from you or others here. May I ask what you are anticipating some people will be unhappy about? Perhaps the possible exclusion of the parade?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm excited just about the pre-announcement announcement today! Even if they say no parade, we're definitely going to be there!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can sympathize. We’re well past the age of our kids being interested in trick or treating (except for the free candy piece. Teenagers... They can take or leave fireworks these days depending on their moods on any given day 😉). But when we did attend a Halloween party or two, it wasn’t as big of an issue for us since they didn’t sell 472,000 tickets to each party and decent viewing spots were available even 15-30 minutes beforehand. Ahh the good ol’ days... 😂
That wasn’t that long ago either. Think the last one we did was 2014 with some first timers. Since then it’s not been worth it for the asking price.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Yep. The party in its old form was unsustainable. The fun was becoming less as the price went up. Maybe this will be the reset it needs.

Jrb1979

There’s not really a price I wouldn’t pay to let my kids trick or treat in MK again, especially if the only mask they have to wear is a plastic one from Walmart.
They have passed that price for me a long time ago. I can trick or treat at my regional park for free with my season pass and the littles get to wear their costumes. The only thing we don't get it is the over rated colours in the sky.

Touchdown

I don’t see how that won’t still be the case, assuming the parade, stage show and fireworks are back. Mainly because show times will I’m sure still be clumped together. 3-7:30 is doing any meet and greets and the parks right side 7:30-10:00 is about catching the entertainment, 10-12 left side of the park (potentially with a SDMT if time allows) 12-12:30 watching the final Hocus Pocus.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That wasn’t that long ago either. Think the last one we did was 2014 with some first timers. Since then it’s not been worth it for the asking price.

It’s as if something happened in 2015 that caused many WDW experiences to become more crowded, more costly, more money-sucking, and worth less than the asking price. Hmmm...

Jrb1979

I've read the predictions from you or others here. May I ask what you are anticipating some people will be unhappy about? Perhaps the possible exclusion of the parade?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm excited just about the pre-announcement announcement today! Even if they say no parade, we're definitely going to be there!
Your being suckered, I mean paying for something that a lot of was free last year.

dreday3

Is it possible that they are just announcing a special party for Halloween night only?

Would they be so cruel? 😂 (we go home on the 29th!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom