Party Season 2021

TTA94

“Currently” could change in a matter of days, weeks, months. All we can do is hope things change in a more positive way soon.

RememberWhen

It would sure be nice to have something for the 50th. I’d really love the Halloween party to happen, even at a higher price (if they actually keep the attendance low) and fewer things (parade, character M&Gs, trick-or-treating). But no fireworks by October would be really sad. 🙁

TTA94

True—I think, like others, I could understand if they chose to just open HarmoniUs at first.

Is EFs return still in the plan? Just my speculation but I assumed it has a short window of opportunity to return from now until October. Once October comes then Harmonious, I assume anyway, will be ready to debut (when allowed) and they will no longer waist their time on EF?
If it ends up being true that fireworks will not be brought back until after Oct, It wouldn’t surprise me if WDW decided to hold back Harmonious until next year, if they want to save its debut to promote for 2022 or Epcots 40th. Meanwhile bring back EF until then?

TTA94

It would be interesting to see if anything comes up towards May after the recent vaccine announcement.

Gut feeling tells me Disney might be under fire if they do bring back nighttime shows based on adults being able to be vaccinated and not the little ones. Hopefully I’m wrong.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Gut feeling tells me Disney might be under fire if they do bring back nighttime shows based on adults being able to be vaccinated and not the little ones. Hopefully I’m wrong.
They can’t sit on their hands until kids are eligible next year...Broadway is planning to reopen in September. If there can be Broadway shows, there can be fireworks.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I think Disney is (rightfully) very scared about getting bad PR from any sort of crowding from Fireworks.
Sure. But, they must claim the parks are either safe or they are not. Once vaccines are available to everyone at risk, what is the worry? There shouldn’t be any worry. The goal since January 2020 was to be able to protect those at risk of severe illness and death. We will have that within 6 weeks. Eventually, the excuses need to run out.

Meanwhile, you have the CEO saying cruises should be possible by fall (cruise ships are safer than outdoor fireworks?) and Universal be like
1616689910446.gif

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Yet, UOR and SWO have brought back nighttime entertainment and have announced HHN with no uproar/backlash. 🤨

Obviously, they’ve each made decisions to determine their own risk acceptance on how they will operate. However, I don’t recall there being prior discussion on the dependency of children being vaccinated before getting back to a place with more normalcy re:entertainment.

Isn’t a lot of the current hold-up in reintroducing much of the entertainment due to agreements with the unions and protections for cast members? Now that FL will be opening vaccinations to all adults beginning April 5th, that allows for the majority of the workforce to be eligible for vaccinations. It won’t happen overnight, but once a reasonable amount of time has elapsed beyond April 5th, I think you’ll begin to see union agreements amended and the pendulum swing with additional entertainment offerings being reintroduced.

Just my two-cents.
Exactly. It is not unreasonable to expect the majority of the cast to be vaccinated by June 1. If Disney reached out to DeSantis, I bet he’d be willing to set up JnJ clinics right on property. Get the CMs protected!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Exactly. It is not unreasonable to expect the majority of the cast to be vaccinated by June 1. If Disney reached out to DeSantis, I bet he’d be willing to set up JnJ clinics right on property. Get the CMs protected!
That has been the plan for a long time, but the state has been flip flopping around it. Disney had the plan ready to go. Might end up being now the case that the cast will just end up going to CVS, Publix etc.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
That has been the plan for a long time, but the state has been flip flopping around it. Disney had the plan ready to go. Might end up being now the case that the cast will just end up going to CVS, Publix etc.
True...I mean, that’s what I did. I got tired of waiting for my school to set up a clinic and just got dose #2 of Pfizer at CVS on Tuesday.

If Disney doesn’t get anything set up in the next couple weeks, I’m sure you’re right and they shouldn’t bother. The sad thing is they’d get better vaccine uptake if they brought it right to the CMs, however. If your friends are headed out to get a shot, you are more likely to tag along.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well, there goes one of my April Fools jokes...

Hot rumor: Fantasmic! and Rivers of Light amphitheaters to be used as vaccination sites for CM's. Valid paid theme park ticket and valid Disney Park Pass© reservation required. Cast Member passes not valid for admission. Nominal fee for vaccination may apply.

TTA94

Well, there goes one of my April Fools jokes...

Hot rumor: Fantasmic! and Rivers of Light amphitheaters to be used as vaccination sites for CM's. Valid paid theme park ticket and valid Disney Park Pass© reservation required. Cast Member passes not valid for admission. Nominal fee for vaccination may apply.

Not a bad idea honestly lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom