Party Season 2021

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We still need to get the vaccine approved and production ramped up. Then there will be the first attempt to distribute it which will be a total disaster, and then the second distribution attempt which will work better and start to reduce the cases, but then people will let down their guard to soon and we will see another spike in cases. Still got a while to go.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
There might be parties but I highly doubt they will be to the extent of previous events. That is, if they can even staff the offerings.
The extent will be dictated by demand for the $125 tickets. Parade, fireworks, attraction layovers? Absolutely. No idea what M&Gs will look like, though. I could see COVID as an excuse to permanently dial them back. They’re pricey and a selfie will do, amiright?

drew81

The extent will be dictated by demand for the $125 tickets. Parade, fireworks, attraction layovers? Absolutely. No idea what M&Gs will look like, though. I could see COVID as an excuse to permanently dial them back. They’re pricey and a selfie will do, amiright?
That will be the idea going forward I’m afraid. Why offer extra when people are paying full price for this experience.

The Dis people will belly ache and complain but nothing substantial will change. When the Festival of the Lion King theater turns into event space then maybe people will realize how bad Parks Entertainment has been decimated.

DisneyTransport

Yeah, I'm on the boat of "I'll believe it when I see it." I know myself, family, and friends aren't planning on a trip yet. We're all waiting until it gets closer (i.e. like a month or two) then will make reservations/request time off (whether it be Disney or any other destination).

I would be surprised if they are able to do those events next year. With the reduced staffing, I'm not so sure.

Dan Deesnee

Of course they're going to do parties next year. Barring any sort of apocalyptic event (which Covid is most certainly not).

The average person lives very in the moment. That's why those that think ahead and see where things are going can make so much money. They might limit attendance at the parties but I would wager that the general experience is going to be about what we come to expect.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
With Central Florida teetering on a recession, I don’t imagine they’ll struggle to find people to hand out candy. The greater tragedy will be the loss of entertainment cast with years of experience. The parties print money. They’ll be a priority.

Festival of the Lion King will return. It’s Nemo you should be fearful for. They’ll use this all as an excuse to prune activities without A+ guest ratings. So you’ll get to meet Mickey put perhaps not Mulan.

Magic Feather

With Central Florida teetering on a recession, I don’t imagine they’ll struggle to find people to hand out candy. The greater tragedy will be the loss of entertainment cast with years of experience. The parties print money. They’ll be a priority.

Festival of the Lion King will return. It’s Nemo you should be fearful for. They’ll use this all as an excuse to prune activities without A+ guest ratings. So you’ll get to meet Mickey put perhaps not Mulan.
And DHS is what you should really be scared for.

Also, while I don't have concrete overall numbers, Disney's booking numbers for this time next year are already stronger than current overall numbers, and there is still a year left for more bookings to be made in that time period.

twilight mitsuk

Yeah, I'm on the boat of "I'll believe it when I see it." I know myself, family, and friends aren't planning on a trip yet. We're all waiting until it gets closer (i.e. like a month or two) then will make reservations/request time off (whether it be Disney or any other destination).

I would be surprised if they are able to do those events next year. With the reduced staffing, I'm not so sure.
And park reservation system

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
And DHS is what you should really be scared for.

Also, while I don't have concrete overall numbers, Disney's booking numbers for this time next year are already stronger than current overall numbers, and there is still a year left for more bookings to be made in that time period.
It’s mind-boggling at DHS since it’s so crowded with the new rides, but apparently 30-year old shows don’t have spectacular guest ratings. Who knew? If only they had updated them as part of the park’s “rebirth”...I just hope the Citizens return. They epitomize Disney “magic” for me.

Who needs entertainment at the entertainment park?

Shows have long been better at the other resorts than at WDW. At least we get the best fireworks and will get them back.

Magic Feather

It’s mind-boggling at DHS since it’s so crowded with the new rides, but apparently 30-year old shows don’t have spectacular guest ratings. Who knew? If only they had updated them as part of the park’s “rebirth”...I just hope the Citizens return. They epitomize Disney “magic” for me.

Who needs entertainment at the entertainment park?

Shows have long been better at the other resorts than at WDW. At least we get the best fireworks and will get them back.
I wish they would use this opportunity to push through Black Box and B&tB's replacement if they are just going to have the spaces sitting there, but alas controlling CapEx is the MO right now, and with all of WDI's resources going into existing projects and all of entertainments resources going into Harmonious, I'm not holding my breath.

That said, I'd lightly disagree about WDW entertainment being the weakest (non-upcharge seasonal entertainment sure, but not year round entertainment). Just because we don't have a Mickey and the ___________, AK alone arguably has the most solid entertainment slate of any park, TDS and SDL pre-cuts excepted. That said (and I know I'm going t regret this if/when it ever happens), Epcot needs a theater with live performers consistently in use (not just random bands).

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I wish they would use this opportunity to push through Black Box and B&tB's replacement if they are just going to have the spaces sitting there, but alas controlling CapEx is the MO right now, and with all of WDI's resources going into existing projects and all of entertainments resources going into Harmonious, I'm not holding my breath.

That said, I'd lightly disagree about WDW entertainment being the weakest (non-upcharge seasonal entertainment sure, but not year round entertainment). Just because we don't have a Mickey and the ___________, AK alone arguably has the most solid entertainment slate of any park, TDS and SDL pre-cuts excepted. That said (and I know I'm going t regret this if/when it ever happens), Epcot needs a theater with live performers consistently in use (not just random bands).
Where WDW has always excelled for me is Streetmosphere and low-key shows (like the Muppet show in Liberty Square or World Showcase acts). Unfortunately, that type of entertainment has been progressively cut in recent years. I was more focused on stage shows, which I find to be extremely weak with two exceptions: The Nemo show, which is unfortunately a bit too Broadway for many WDW guests, and FotLK, which is great but 22 years old. Nothing really measures up to the old Aladdin show at DCA for me (haven’t seen Frozen) or the shows on the Cruise Line. If they can run a better Beauty and the Beast show on a ship rocking back and forth in the waves, what the hell is the hold-up at the entertainment park? The existing show and the garbage in front of the Castle are an embarrassment for the company that brought The Lion King and Peter and the Starcatcher to Broadway.

Animaniac93-98

So do we think Disney will play it safe and not schedule any MNSSHP dates before Labor Day, or will they be overly optimistic about vaccine roll out and have Halloween Parties in July to make up for lost revenue in 2020?

Either way I think we'll get a record number of party dates if they decide to do them next year.

seascape

So do we think Disney will play it safe and not schedule any MNSSHP dates before Labor Day, or will they be overly optimistic about vaccine roll out and have Halloween Parties in July to make up for lost revenue in 2020?
Every adult should be able to receive their vaccinations by the end of June. Therefore there should be no problem with MNSSHP.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Either way I think we'll get a record number of party dates if they decide to do them next year.

A record number of Halloween parties would be difficult to schedule without expanding into early August/late July or having MK close early 5-6 nights per week. Since we know there’s a guest backlash with the latter, it would have to be the former. But I don’t see them doing that. Too many unknowns right now to be able to even semi-accurately predict what will happen party-wise in 2021.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
A record number of Halloween parties would be difficult to schedule without expanding into early August/late July or having MK close early 5-6 nights per week. Since we know there’s a guest backlash with the latter, it would have to be the former. But I don’t see them doing that. Too many unknowns right now to be able to even semi-accurately predict what will happen party-wise in 2021.
They can always announce the dates and then cancel some of them later if necessary. Right now they want money. Like every tourist destination. Cruise lines are still allowing people to book cruises that they have no intention of actually running. 7 day cruise in March? Never.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom